LFR que time/accept que

General Discussion
Can we please have more than 45secs to accept the que????? With a 1 hour wait time dont you think it is possiable someone is going to get up and get a drink? I was gone a total of about a min and a half to open the blinds in my front room and refil my coffee, come back to my desk and watch myself be removed from the LFR because I didnt accept my que would be nice to have 2 mins ?
45 seconds is fine. Why should we wait even longer for someone like you who wants to go afk while queuing and waste other people's time? There's no reason for it. I for one don't want to sit around waiting for some slacker who wants to run to the store to grab a bag of chips and making everyone else wait for him/her.
Yeah, we honestly do NOT need a longer acceptance time. If you see that your queue is getting close to pop time - common sense says "do not get up for any reason!" Even if you REALLY want that coffee.

Sometimes we make sacrifices for this game. Queue times are one of those things, especially as a DPS.
I see what you're saying Teevo, but they already give you an estimated time - quite honestly, I feel like if your estimated time was 38 minutes, and you got up at 36 minutes to go to the bathroom or grab a drink, you kinda dropped the ball! I don't mean to be offensive, but I guess my point is, if you're going to get up and do something, mouse over the dungeon finder icon and see how close you are to the estimated time.

Is that going to work every single time? No, sometimes an influx of players may speed the queue up a minute or two, and it pops early, but in that case you're hooped anyway.

Sorry, but I think it's already long enough. My opinion of course.
At what hour of the day do you have to play to get a 1 hour queue? As a DPS the most I've ever had to wait was 20 minutes.
did I say anything about running to the store ? I said it is possiable after an hour of waiting that you will need something to drink or even have to go pee if you can pee in 45 secs you are a better person than me
it was just an hour for heart of fear
12/06/2012 11:15 AMPosted by Teevo
did I say anything about running to the store ? I said it is possiable after an hour of waiting that you will need something to drink or even have to go pee if you can pee in 45 secs you are a better person than me

If you're going to queue... be prepared to sit in that same spot until your queue pops and you accept or suffer the consequences of your actions. Nuff said.
They give you an estimated time. Like others have said, look at when your estimated time to que is and if it's close don't go anywhere. If you have to do something that requires you leaving the computer you should do that in advance of queing or while you still have a while to wait for the que to pop.
12/06/2012 11:15 AMPosted by Teevo

if you really do need to go just before your queue pops.. just wait for it. run with the group to the first trash mobs, set your toon to auto attack and go pee real fast. as long as you don't hang back at the beginning probably no one will even notice you left your screen.
The time is fine as it is. It's bad enough to wait the whole time until the auto decline pops while some dps never presses to accept. You would think with a longer queue time people would keep their eye on it, but it happens all the time and it's almost always some dps not accepting.
They give you an estimated time, you can double check on that estimated time by scrolling over the icon to see if you are in a group that is filling or just in line still. 45 seconds is long enough, sucks that you missed your queue but you have no one to blame but yourself. If you must get up turn on sound and crank the volume.
btw i was qued with someone, that by time time they were able to text me the que was gone but lets just forget this and move on, as no one seems to understand
Possiable, que, qued.
Poshable, kway/kay, kwed. I really did need a good chuckle tonight.

I'm pretty sure EVERYONE understood exactly what you were getting at. You want more time to hit the "accept" button because you weren't thrilled that when you AFK'd your queue popped and you didn't get back in time to confirm your spot.

Every response to this was a very valid statement: you know your queue time, if you're getting close - don't get up. Even more extreme - if you're queued don't get up until your queue pops OR ELSE be prepared to possibly miss it. I have lost track of all of the long queue times I've missed since LFR/LFD was released because I had to get up for some reason or another. Only thing you can do is queue up again and be patient. Do dailies or farm while you wait...or have a conversation with someone. It's not all bad.
Folks, please be mindful of the date on a thread and do not resurrect/bump it if it is fairly old. If you wish provide feedback on a topic or participate in a discussion create your own or find one that is recent. This thread will now be locked.