Loving Pet Battles but...

Pet Battles
2 questions. Do the strong traps EVER work on the 1st or 2nd toss? If not why not adjust the hp needed or create a better chance to hit with 1st trap thrown if you're under say 10% (just throwing out random numbers). It is so frustrating to just sit through the first 2 traps knowing you almost will never hit while the opponent whittles your hp down.

#2 Why do the abilities reset each time you use a different pet. I chose the ability why does Blizz or the computer assume I didn't want that to be the ability the next time?

If these have been addresed in another post sorry.
They do; I just caught a rare Wharf Rat on the first toss. I've also gone four tosses before it hit. Random is random.
I've had a Strong Trap cap on my first throw. I've had to go through 8-9 throws before. The cage is all based on a formula. I believe it involves how low of health your opponent has, how high of health your active pet has, and the difference between your pets levels.

You can use addons to make it save your ability set.
Caught a 25 on the first toss.
What are the names of these addons? The best ones. Thanks in advance.
12/06/2012 12:37 PMPosted by Girlrage
I think, though I'm not 100% sure, that the closer you are to killing the pet, the easier it is to trap them.

I've had the trap miss several times on a pet with one hit point left, so I hold no faith in that. On a related note, Terrible Turnips are awesome.
12/06/2012 12:56 PMPosted by Ryxl
I think, though I'm not 100% sure, that the closer you are to killing the pet, the easier it is to trap them.

I've had the trap miss several times on a pet with one hit point left, so I hold no faith in that. On a related note, Terrible Turnips are awesome.

Finally found my rare Summit Kid earlier.

Was whittling him down with my Bandicoon. Crit! Crap. Okay, still at a high HP. Non Crit. Good. One more non crit and we're golden. CRIT. FUUUUU... 1 HP? Hell Yes. *Trap* *catch* Woot, First Try.

xD I was like so happy that it didn't kill.
12/06/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Brewfist

Finally found my rare Summit Kid earlier.

Was whittling him down with my Bandicoon. Crit! Crap. Okay, still at a high HP. Non Crit. Good. One more non crit and we're golden. CRIT. FUUUUU... 1 HP? Hell Yes. *Trap* *catch* Woot, First Try.

xD I was like so happy that it didn't kill.

holy moley someone get this female dwarf a turnip.