Gary balacing fix, old idea, very relevent

Death Knight
I love playing unholy. Nothing particularly wrong with frost but I have so much more fun with unholy. I can play both specs at a reasonable level. As it stands frost has pulled ahead in DPS and I'm forced to play it becuase our raid team is still in progression mode. When we've got the raid teir on farm I'll be unholy again, but then when heroics come I'll be frost.

Of all the specs I've played in this game unholy is by far my favourite but we are all forced to play frost. 4.3 we were all forced to play dw frost (in unholy pres) and I didn't raid firelands but my understanding was it was frost all the way again. Blizz its time for unholy, one of the least played of all specs, but one of the best designed to have it's time in the sun.

The blizz balancing team do a pretty good job of balancing specs but unholy s slighly underpowered right now, one quick simple change would be to have Gary the Gargoyle do shadow damage. It'll make his damage scale with mastery. It'll bump up Unholy DPS and maybe make it competetive with frost. For some reason, that I've never seen a logical explaination for, he does nature damage and bliz have repeatedly decided not to change it.

Bliz, come on, it's time.

P.S. although its way down the list on what DK's need in PvP right now, it would be a buff. We are weak as hell atm.
They should make it Frost burst Unholy pressure but with balance so you can actually have a choice. I agree with you man. Frost is my fav but I wanna be able to use unholy too
I can't remember if garg ever did shadow damage, but they will not change it since it will only force others to go orc for the racial on pet damage. Blizz already nerfed orc pet racial from 5% to 2%. They instead need to make it so the 2 piece tier does more damage on hits and bump up the haste bonus on the 4 tier by an extra 5%.

In any case, soul reaper is going to scale really well by mid expansion and by end expac. it will most likely be that unholy would be the top spec on damage. We will have a ton more mastery being added in and with haste soft caps being reached I plan on dumping extra haste into mastery.

Don't understand why they would make it so soul reaper scales more with shadow damage rather than shadow/frost damage or something of the like to make it scale better with frost spec.
Good point about the orc racial. I hope it does pan out that way, I'm sick of frost. Yes I've always wondered why blizzard don't better utilise Teir bonuses to balance classes and specs, even if they made small changes with hotfixes.

On the haste, are we talking resource caps? At what level of haste will these be acheiveable?
Good point about the orc racial. I hope it does pan out that way, I'm sick of frost. Yes I've always wondered why blizzard don't better utilise Teir bonuses to balance classes and specs, even if they made small changes with hotfixes.

On the haste, are we talking resource caps? At what level of haste will these be acheiveable?

Not sure, maybe 7k haste. Rule of thumb would be as long as you are not runecapping a lot. Mastery modifies death coil, as well as blood plague and soul reaper, all three are big sources of damage. Dnd and blood boil also gets modified, but not by much.

Some people are saying go crit but it's not worth it don't care what the hell sims are telling them to do. As long as you get some crit bonuses from raid buffs you are good. Unholy is not burst and not based as much on rng as frost. Trying to get a high crit rating will is just not practical.
Not sure, maybe 7k haste. Rule of thumb would be as long as you are not runecapping a lot. Mastery modifies death coil, as well as blood plague and soul reaper, all three are big sources of damage. Dnd and blood boil also gets modified, but not by much.

Isnt the shadow portion of Scourge also affected by mastery?

12/05/2012 09:05 PMPosted by Laroux
They instead need to make it so the 2 piece tier does more damage on hits and bump up the haste bonus on the 4 tier by an extra 5%.

My thoughts, 2 piece buffing Fester and or Death Coil, and 4 piece cutting the cd of frenzy on top of the 10% haste.