bought a new PC, looking for info on transfer

Mac Technical Support
So i purchased a PC, its being built for me and should be here early next week. Being not very good with computers. i did a little reading on if i could just transfer wow from my mac to the new Pc. some things say yes some say no. So I'm wondering if anyone is able to tell me if i will be able to, how i would go about it?

The reason i would rather transfer then just download is i have never purchased a disc of the game, always purchased digitally, I am only allowed a certain amount of GB to download each month from my ISP, I think downloading the entire game again will bring me over my monthly quota.

So even if i can get some parts of the game from my mac to my pc to save on some GB would help.
You definitely can't transfer the client from Mac to PC.

Maybe you can get away with copying the Data folder (with all the MPQs), though. The PC installer might see that you have the MPQs and skip over lots of stuff. This is just speculation, though. I'd try that if you are worried about your bandwidth quota.

Download the PC installer. Launch it, let it download a little bit of stuff, close it. Copy the Data folder over, start the Launcher and see what happens?

It's totally possible to transfer some stuff, like Addons and your WTF folders, but that won't really cut down on GB downloaded.
12/06/2012 08:32 AMPosted by Patskin
Maybe you can get away with copying the Data folder (with all the MPQs), though. The PC installer might see that you have the MPQs and skip over lots of stuff. This is just speculation, though. I'd try that if you are worried about your bandwidth quota.

this should work. the mpq files are platform indifferent. i recommend first installing it on the PC once it's installed and it gets to launcher part that says "downloading 30 gig" or whatever. exit out launcher. copy data folder from mac over data folder on PC. then rerun launcher. it's gonna go "hmm, ok, downloading 100MB" or whatever the diff is for the missing application files.
how do i downloud my game on to a new pc