Trinket Burst Damage Adjustments

Arenas
Prev 1 9 10 11 18 Next
They noticed the trinkets were a big source of the problem, but they just made a dumb change that simply shifted the imbalances. The trinket is near-useless now for some classes and way OP for others. Now mages can on-use every other deep freeze with EVERY frozen orb. Priests can on-use with almost every silence/shadow fiend. God Comp just got a major !@#$ing buff. This also buffs rogues, BM hunters, frost DKs off the top of my head, because they have cooldowns and hard switches that can line up nicely with 1 minute intervals. Enhancement and Ele shamans just got %^-*ed because we have NOTHING that lines up with 1 minute.

The CORRECT solution to the burst problem is to REMOVE these trinkets. Make their on-use be something that does not amplify the player's damage more, like summoning a turret or and Iron Drake Whelpling or a heal or something that doesn't scale differently with different classes. Only then will trinkets be balanced for PvP.

Yeah it was the trinket that was overpowered, not the 4 cooldowns the warrior threw down on top of the trinket that was the problem, those should stay.
12/07/2012 10:52 AMPosted by Cupcake
I like how they think changing the PVP trinkets will prevent warriors and mages from globaling people.

I like how people think that this game is balanced around 1v1 or 2v2.
12/07/2012 12:31 PMPosted by Jibbajabba
I like how they think changing the PVP trinkets will prevent warriors and mages from globaling people.

I like how this logic only apply when we're not talking about your class. Yet when mages have problem with any classes in any situation, They QQ about it and most the time it lead to a nerf. Prot warrior in wotlk is a fine exemple aswell as feral in cata
12/07/2012 01:07 PMPosted by Heartfailure

I like how this logic only apply when we're not talking about your class. Yet when mages have problem with any classes in any situation, They QQ about it and most the time it lead to a nerf. Prot warrior in wotlk is a fine exemple aswell as feral in cata

riiight cause the only class that was complaining about prot warriors in wrath was mages and ferals in cata /rollseyes.
12/06/2012 06:05 PMPosted by Whoisonfirst
Uhhhhhh, there is too much burst but there is still the blanket 15% healing debuff?

LOL they are looking to increase it to 30% last I heard
So let me get this straight...Blizzard thinks a trinket on a 2min CD is the problem with arenas right now? What a joke. They are completely missing the real issues.
you do realize this is a buff to mages, right?

you also realize human mages can now burst with a trinket every 30 seconds, as well?

do you even think before making these decisions? use some common sense.
WTF Blizz...Leave them the hell alone. Yeah lets cater to the crybabies who might I add can ALL get these trinkets themselves. Which tells you what? A: They dont know wtf they're doing in pvp... B: ITS NOT THE TRINKETS IT THE CLASS/SPEC AND OR CDS THEY PAIR WITH IT or C: It a never ending cycle.

"We are aware of the possibility that certain PvE trinkets could become more attractive for PvP in the wake of these hotfixes"

Then how is this fixing it? You're just breaking it on one end and leaving it wide open on the other. STOP MESSING WITH CRAP THAT DOESNT NEED TO BE MESSED WITH!!!! The trinkets have been the same throughout the years. Stop catering to the crybabies ffs!
Remember how during beta we mentioned how Hunters, Warriors, Mages and Locks had too much burst!
This proves they're listening!
I miss the days of the forums were the blues pretty much said: You dont like it?. Shut up and go play EQ2. Ps see you in a few weeks.
this is a buff to classes with short cds (mages, especially human mages)

why dont you nerf the actual problem? abilities doing too much damage. like frost bomb. or ferals popping everything, or warriors, and so on.

let me make this simple for you.

cooldown stacking is a problem.

burst on abilities is a problem.

RESIL IS NOT FIXING IT THANKS TO PVP POWER.

try addressing the actual issues. this change is actually a buff to mages.
12/07/2012 11:30 AMPosted by Yuuks
Instead of addressing the strong classes

I just want to point out that this is only one step in a process. We will continue to assess classes and individual abilities and make adjustments as necessary.
do you at least acknowledge frost mages, and specifically frost bomb, is a problem?

you hotfixed chaos wave, why not frost bomb?
12/07/2012 03:49 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Instead of addressing the strong classes

I just want to point out that this is only one step in a process. We will continue to assess classes and individual abilities and make adjustments as necessary.

Being that Warlocks are currently more reliant on trinket + DS for burst, AGAIN, frost mages win

This is a wrong move...
do you at least acknowledge frost mages, and specifically frost bomb, is a problem?

you hotfixed chaos wave, why not frost bomb?

They will never acknowledge the issues with frost mages.
I think it's sad that even though they're attempting to solve the problem, everyone still gets on here and complains about how they're doing it or why are they doing this blah blah blah.

I really don't see many 2.3k + players complaining about PvP imbalance, they kind of just take everything in stride and keep playing. It seems most of the qq comes from the lesser, uninformed 1500-1900 crowd. I'm not saying that I'm better than they are, just that the general populace of whiners come from that bracket.

Also, without burst, I don't know how it will ever be possible to land a kill in 3's arena vs any healer comp. You only have a short window to do damage and nab the kill while the healer is cc'd. I actually prefer this season to some of the previous seasons. The games are much shorter and a kill could happen at any time.