BUFF MOONKINS

Druid
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
12/22/2012 12:49 PMPosted by Bomchet
Try the glyph of stars. It's great in pvp when mages try to poly you and shammies try to hex you! :)

They do they with Moonkin Form anyways :(
Hex works on moonkin form? Hmm... thanks. Never experienced a hex oddly enough in astral form. Ok, so it IS fun when mages keep trying it over and over b/c they don't get why you're not a penguin!
Moonkins do not need a buff.

They just need to be made slightly easier to play.

nah. they just take a little getting used to.
after that there just as easy to play as any other class.
Having experienced heroic raiding this tier as a boomkin, we are very strong for this tier overall but a few fights our flaws really shine... Blade Lord, Wind Lord, Lei Shi we just don't have strong aoe outside of Hurricane and our movement dps is horrid.
Yeah that would be great and all... but Blizz has to admit they screwed up

Actually all I want is for them to admit it. Clearly were not going to see a buff, unless they admit to "messing up" as you put it. So, if the complaints are prevalent, they will reevaluate the problem at hand

Edit: Its not just PvP actually its PvE as well.
Dear Blizzard,
When this many Balance druids are complaining about their spec don't you think it's time to take a look at it? Or are we all just playing wrong?
Dear Balance Druids,

Balance has an immensely high skill cap and players don't want to have to be good at the spec to pull good numbers in PvE or out-play other specs in PvP.

I pulled top dps on our most recent Heroic Elegon kill (25man Winterborne - Greymane). I played nearly flawlessly and Elegon's mechanics play very well into our spec.

The only thing holding Balance back in PvE is their inability to pull decent dps while moving. Although none of the mechanics in this tier merit movement for extended durations. If you think that moving during Attenuation will screw over your dps, then you're doing it wrong. When Attenuation is about to come, make sure you're going into Lunar, and fish a Starsurge proc. This gives you GCDs that aren't Moonfire spam.

If I could change one thing about this spec, I would let Balance Druids cast Starsurge while moving. I don't know what this would do for PvP, however in PvE Starsurge is almost NEVER off of cooldown so all this would allow us to do is mitigate damage lost while moving.

I don't PvP much so I can't really talk about our spec in PvP :D. Although it seems really fun since I can kite for days and burst people down in 3-4 GCDs once all of my CDs are popped.
ok hear is somthing that i have lerned easy to play classes do no damage but hard to play classes do just make moonkin hardder to play like i said in my original post give us 3 dots moonfire sun fire and inscet swarm well youmight say well another dot moonkis will be op in dot damage well is could be true but look you nerf the dot damage of moon fire and sunfire down to 50% when you go into a lunar eclipse your moonfire dose 10k you inscet swarm dose 10k and your sunfire dose 5k leading up to 25k wich means for elite player that have 400k health your dots need to tic 32 times by buffing our dots you are giving us a more stable damge to warriors think about i try to cast he charges heroic leap i try to cast again he charges then he shckwaves then storm bolts me dan then pummles me im dead now lest say i trinket one of his stuns hit celestical alingment and get my dots up this would get somepresure on him and maybe i can tyfoon him cast a quick cast maybye i still lost but the fight was close he dropes to les than 35% health just look blizzard i know im not a glad i only have 1600 rbg rating but help moonkins with the nerfes im 5.2 moonkins will suck and i dont wanna go back to being resto
12/06/2012 10:33 PMPosted by Kobiashimaru
I've got to totally agree with OP, the state of moonkins is ridiculous. LOUSY burst,

LOLOLOLOLOOL

Moonkins.. Lousy burst.. stopped reading right there.
12/12/2012 09:22 AMPosted by Bomchet

There's a difference between "fine and viable" and "needs buffs." Flexibility is never a bad thing, but a ranged stun, for example, is unneeded. Cyclone, Bash, Roots, Solar Beam, Nature's Grasp, Displacer Beast/Wild Charge. There's plenty of buttons to press that does not modify damage taken.

Ok so let's look objectively. You didn't respond to the fact that we need melee hit to ensure Mighty Bash lands in pvp 100% of the time. It's not ranged. The target must be in front of you so it's not as good as Hammer of Justice when you need a peel from a feral or rogue ganking you.

It's lovely you list a whole bunch of spells but without Nature's Swiftness up, it's tough to get a cyclone off. Then, if you use it for that, good LUCK getting a Healing Touch off -- and you will have to try, since our Rejuves just got nerfed.

I'm asking for Mighty Bash to be ranged and to be treated like a spell, like HoJ. Is that too much to ask? Oh wait, I'll just L2Play -- that'll fix everything. /sarc

Dude, you should be picking Ursol's Vortex, mighty bash should NEVER be chosen by a boomkin.

Sounds lyk a l2p issue b0r
Tbh mostly everyone complaining in this thread sounds like they have no idea how to play Boomkin. I main a boomkin and while I admit it's very hard to beat a melee 1v1, does that really matter? We all know the game is balanced around 3v3s. And in 2v2/3v3s, boomkin can shine with their amazing burst, and great mechanics such as Vortex + Solar beam.

However, if blizzard added something like unending resolve for boomkins, I think it would be reasonable. Ferals get it.
Didn't read through the thread, but don't claim that our burst is bad.

I've gotten back to back 200k+ crits multiple times in the past two days with all cds popped and no berserker buff in bgs.
Right on man... Right on. Totally agree.
02/03/2013 08:17 PMPosted by Blackavar
Right on man... Right on. Totally agree.

thank you this is 4 pages of discucion i think that since a silence is so easy to get off our silence should be longer look solar beam re quieres skill priest silencno skill

its nerf all blanket silence to 3 sec and keep moonkins at i think 6-8 sec or buff solar beam and ursols vortex

solar beam +2 sec more

and both of them of GC
I am curious what everyone thinks about the moonkins PvP issues concerning CC. I feel we are far too susceptible to CC with our own not being quite as effective as they really should be. We get only one chance to drop movement impairs via a trinket with a 2 minute cooldown, and nothing at all to deal with silence.

I know our burst damage is fantastic, but that's only as long as you are not stuck twiddling your thumbs for the duration of that small window of opportunity. Outside burst, damage is mediocre at best, leaving the moonkin at the mercy of any class with more than 1 CC over 3 seconds,

Granted there may well be some items from the PvE world that prove me wrong, but honestly, we are already squishy enough with losing any much needed resiliance in favor of PvE gear.

And as far as OUR CC goes, things are less than ideal in my book. Cyclone makes players immune from being damaged, and roots is removed with any damage (other than the measly amount that comes from moonfire/sunfire). Meanwhile most all CC available to other classes remain active while offering opportunity to deal serious damage.

I think changing either of these things will greatly help in balancing the boomy with other classes in PvP. What are everyone's thoughts? Remember, I am speaking strictly from the PvP side of things.
I'm exhausted reading this. There's no punctuation at all.
02/11/2013 03:30 AMPosted by Slitsticker
I am curious what everyone thinks about the moonkins PvP issues concerning CC. I feel we are far too susceptible to CC with our own not being quite as effective as they really should be. We get only one chance to drop movement impairs via a trinket with a 2 minute cooldown, and nothing at all to deal with silence.

Our CC is one of the best in the game, because it cannot be dispelled... +our Vortex / Beam is godly.

Movement impairs can be removed by powershifting.

I know our burst damage is fantastic, but that's only as long as you are not stuck twiddling your thumbs for the duration of that small window of opportunity. Outside burst, damage is mediocre at best, leaving the moonkin at the mercy of any class with more than 1 CC over 3 seconds,

This is why i tend to symbiosis a DK or a rogue so that i can use AMS / Cloak of skills when i pop all of my CD's so that I cannot be cc'd during their duration.

But yes, outside of that silences really ruin my day and i find that I am running away a lot of the time since I am always silenced.
More buffs on boomies? Are you joking? Use kitty stealth for a sneak attack, then launch a boomie dot attack.
02/11/2013 06:33 AMPosted by Jubz
Movement impairs can be removed by powershifting.

I know a few can be dropped with a shapeshift, but those never really bother me to begin with, I typically use that time to cast cyclone/starsurge/whatever. I guess I am talking more about stuns/fears, things like that. Moonkins get trained basically as soon as they are spotted and being stun raped is just boring and frustrating.

02/11/2013 06:33 AMPosted by Jubz
Our CC is one of the best in the game, because it cannot be dispelled... +our Vortex / Beam is godly.

I agree vortex + solar beam is truly one of the best combos out there. Maybe I should just be happy with that.