BUFF MOONKINS

Druid
Prev 1 3 4 5
Boomkins have the best aoe burst IMO. I just switched from resto and hunter to boomy for RBG and love it. 1v1 it can be rough against certain classes without cool downs though.
Boomkins have good aoe burst IMO (too bad they can't do anything after that though, and a single mass dispel from a priest can counter the burst). I just switched from resto and hunter to boomy for RBG and love it. 1v1 it can be rough against ALL classes without cool downs though.

FIX'd
02/12/2013 06:56 AMPosted by Jubz
Boomkins have good aoe burst IMO (too bad they can't do anything after that though, and a single mass dispel from a priest can counter the burst). I just switched from resto and hunter to boomy for RBG and love it. 1v1 it can be rough against ALL classes without cool downs though.

FIX'd

I really don't think it's that bad. The buff we are supposedly getting, according to a candid tweet by GC, should help out a bit. I will agree that we are better off with a team and a pocket healer and are quite dependent on big CDs to 1v1 before we die.
I did a little PvP yesterday and though I don't have any PvP gear I felt the only time I was useful was when my CDs were popped.

Another observation I made is that there are way too many CCs in this game. IMO all CCs should share the same DR. Sitting there with your hands on the keyboard wondering when the chain is going to end and when it finally does you're dead anyway, is not a fun PvP experience.
I love it when you pop all of your CD's and start going through BGT targeting all the players on the other team to spread dots around on everything. Then once you have applied your dots to everyone, you notice that you have no dots rolling on anybody cuz a priest dispelled everything in 1 cast(and your Celestial alignment just wore off) .... CD's wasted......

wtb dot protection for boomy
02/13/2013 10:54 AMPosted by Jubz

CC the priest.
02/13/2013 10:59 AMPosted by Cyous

CC the priest.

This.

Many complain about boomkins but currently we aren't in a bad spot. We're looking at starfire and starsurge damage increases, plus well go back to our PvP power benefitting our heals again. The displacer beast nerf is going to hurt a little but outside of that there don't appear to be any nerfs coming our way. Oh wait I missed the 10 seconds longer on typhoon, that won't really make a big difference. At first it will suck but we'll get used to the added 10 seconds fast.

That being said we've always scaled poorley at the lower gear levels of the beginning of the xpac. We're still in the first pvp season. As the seasons progress so will boomkins.
in a few BGs I did recently, I was critting for ~100k without CDs, via Starsurge. With CDs, the 10v10 fight in mid was over 10sec after I popped everyone (20sec fight total). Very few people have my level of gear in PvP, but I'd like to think the lack of PvP Power is balanced with the massive SP pool. For my friends whom play Moonkin, they are doing the exact same thing in BGs in full PvP gear. Sample size comes into question, but considering personal experience weighed against other's experience, Moonkin is fine™.

ok but here this i talking about arenas were you have a healer every one has gear look at this in noraml bgs i dont see many people with 60%+ so you probly hit a noob with no pvp gear also your in full pve gear you must be squishy as !@#$ many boomkins stak reciliance because if not we die in a few sec

on the brighter side i posted this a long time ago and blizard helped this isnet perfect but will put boomkins back in the high damage calss starfire warth and starsurge have been buffed by 9% more damage that if we keep going they might even buff monkin form and gives us our stun back that would help survivablility and give us another cc out of cyclone

CC the priest.

Can't do that when you've already CC'd the moonkin on the opposing RBG team that is trying to cyclone you while your CD"s are up (which is what happens at high ratings)...

In rbg's you pop your CD's... pop AMS or Cloak of skills (depending on who you sym'd), and right after that is about to wear off you clone the enemy team's moonkin (Or he will clone you... if he's good) in team fights.
Can't do that when you've already CC'd the moonkin on the opposing RBG team that is trying to cyclone you while your CD"s are up (which is what happens at high ratings)...

In rbg's you pop your CD's... pop AMS or Cloak of skills (depending on who you sym'd), and right after that is about to wear off you clone the enemy team's moonkin (Or he will clone you... if he's good) in team fights.

Cyclone the Druid, Vortex+Beam the Priest.

Or just GG+Vortex+Beam and win that way.
i main as balance and i don't understand where you guys have problems. if anything decrease our 2second cast times to a resonable amount for pvp cause a 2second healing touch that heals for the same as a flash of light is a little brutal. other then that boomkins have no problem and are one of the top damages in pvp and from what i've seen can hit extremely high dps numbers on boss fights. defensives are fine. just gotta know when to use them and how to kite/get out of trouble fast.
Dispel protection would be nice.

That said, I've got a few things to add. Boomkins did very well this season in a group setting. We scale really well with gear, so our damage next season will be even better.
We don't need dispel protection. Our dots are instant cast and dispels are on a 6 sec cd. Our single target dps needed a buff and they are giving it to us next patch. Once u have decent gear balance is awesome.

Cyclone the Druid, Vortex+Beam the Priest.

Or just GG+Vortex+Beam and win that way.

Vortex beam is the first thing you do when you get to a fight in RBG's (and note: it is usually always on the resto shaman since they are usually the first target)

The DK on your team then grips everyone into the beam (This is where you pop your cooldowns to try to kill as many as possible... or at least your group's main target)..