Horde RP: Where you at?

Wyrmrest Accord
Hello.

I just faction changed this toon to Horde, this is my first actual Horde character. I was wondering what are the good RP spots? I know Silvermoon is popular but... Yeah.

Also, does anyone know of any all Tauren RP guilds that are active?

Thanks in advance. (:
12/09/2012 05:47 AMPosted by Kogen
Also, does anyone know of any all Tauren RP guilds that are active

Hmm, the only one I can think of right now is <The Earthspear Tribe>, but I think they know some of the other all Tauren guilds and if that is the case I'm sure they'll be glad to help.
The Valley of Honor in Orgrimmar sees a lot of RP, especially in the Wyvern's Tail.
The Legion relaxes at the Tail most often, however I am trying to get out to Shattrath and Northrend now as well in my free time.
From what I've seen its mostly in the Valley of Honor, some in Razor Hill and quite a bit in Silvermoon. I avoid the Silvermoon portion...
12/09/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Grazzug
From what I've seen its mostly in the Valley of Honor, some in Razor Hill and quite a bit in Silvermoon. I avoid the Silvermoon portion...

I went to Silvermoon tonight just to walk around, as this is my first Horde toon Ive never really seen it before. An undead hunter asked me if I would let his lynx mate with my lion pet.... :/
12/09/2012 11:50 AMPosted by Kogen
I went to Silvermoon tonight just to walk around, as this is my first Horde toon Ive never really seen it before. An undead hunter asked me if I would let his lynx mate with my lion pet.... :/

Yeah, as Grazzug said, avoid a large portion of Silvermoon City.

It's the depraved Red Light District of the Horde.

Also, I'm getting into RP and only have guildees to help delve into plots atm, so I'm down for contacts.
I'm going to be a hipster and not go with the usual Silvermoon RP bashing, and pitch in that I've found plenty(and still do) of quality RP there, from a variety of places & races.

Though for a Tauren I'd say Org is still your best bet if you want folks to be more receptive to you.

Well how else are you going to get lyionxes and other assorted super cats.

Well how else are you going to get lyionxes and other assorted super cats.

This is true but it was just very sudden.
I kinda take Silvermoon as the Goldshire of Horde, no offense. I'm sure great RP happens out there occasionally but it just gave me that nooby vibe.
Right now Im sticking around Org, as people have said, I heard theres a story circle in Thunderbluff on Sundays hopefully that's going on. :D
12/09/2012 11:50 AMPosted by Kogen

That's tame for SMC. Just be glad the guy didn't ask if his pet lion could mate with -you-. I'm serious.
12/09/2012 12:32 PMPosted by Vorenth

That's tame for SMC. Just be glad the guy didn't ask if his pet lion could mate with -you-. I'm serious.

D:
I often ask myself the same thing these days. Brill seems deader than usual.
I realize that the adage "RP is where you make it" tends to annoy people, but it really is true. By always staying IC and making it a point to RP in every zone, I manage to find RP nearly everywhere.
Granted, the fact that I'm alternating between eleven characters of differing races, affiliations, and alignments rather than sticking to a "main" probably affords me a bit more flexibility than others, and having a like-minded partner in crime is always an invaluable asset, but still, it works for me because I'm willing to put a bit of effort into helping create the type of environment I want to be a part of.
Sure, it's easier to jump into a large crowd in Orgrimmar or Silvermoon than the more sparsely-populated Outland or Northrend areas, but if we begin allowing ourselves to believe that we are limited to these designated "RP zones," then we lose the capacity to expand the boundaries of what RP can mean to this server.
Just over the past few weeks, I've found great RP in Undercity, Brill, the Sepulcher, Gilneas, Androhal, Light's Hope Chapel, the Ghostlands, Eversong Forest, Durotar, Mulgore, Azshara, Ashenvale, the Burning Steppes, Duskwood, the Cape of Stranglethorn, Booty Bay, Ratchet, Un'Goro Crater, Tanaris, Shattrath, Nagrand, and every part of Pandaria. I think the only places I came up dry were Blade's Edge Mountains and Vashj'ir.
This is World of Warcraft, not Neighborhood of Warcraft.

Regarding Silvermoon... it's difficult not to be put off by the illiteracy, griefing, lore-ravaging, and general OOC derpery common to the region, but if we all sit around on the forums complaining about how much it sucks, we're doing nothing to improve the situation. It's an extremely important place lore-wise, not to mention how beautiful the architecture is.
Yeah, some of the players there are probably idiots, but I refuse to believe that they all are. People have a tendency to fall into habits, and sometimes it only takes one example of someone attempting something outside their self-defeating cycle of mediocrity to remind them of their potential. So every now and then I'll force myself to go there, try to raise the bar on my end and lead by example. I'm not saying it always yields satisfactory results, but I consider each attempt a small investment toward a better future. And every once in awhile, I am pleasantly surprised.

tl;dr: RP is wherever we decide we want it to be.
Even though this won't exactly solve your difficulties in finding people altogether, I am on WoW most days of the week. If you ever want to RP just throw me a whisper and maybe a prompt...

Just beware... I may have my worg tear open your throat if you speak ill of the glorious warchief!
SMC- the Russian Roulette of the Horde. You either get great RP, or you get a bullet through your head.

...That metaphor fell apart.

ANYWAY. I mostly agree with Irkingu. I will say that the few times I have tried a RP event in Silvermoon is was usually broken up by idiocy, but one on one RP there can be pretty awesome. Sometimes. Othertimes I feel like a need to take a shower just from stuff I overhear. So BE WARNED.

But really, anywhere you try to make some fun and good RP, you will likely get it. You just gotta be willing to throw out those emotes. Or have a pet who does it for you.
<The Earthspear Tribe>

One of the best Tauren guilds I've seen. Nice people, and I very much enjoy their story circles.

Barring that, there's a lot of RP in the Wyvern's Tail (Org, Valley of ... Honor?) and Silvermoon, but as it's already been stated, Silvermoon isn't the best place ever. Been a couple of times, found it filled mostly with Mary Sues and elitists locked into private roleplays. If there are good roleplayers there, they're unfortunately drowned in a sea of failure.

Mostly this though:

12/09/2012 05:03 PMPosted by Snuffit
But really, anywhere you try to make some fun and good RP, you will likely get it.
I've become enamored with cross-faction RP lately. I keep trying to engage with these Hordies by smashing them over the head with a sap, but it doesn't seem to work out.
12/09/2012 07:08 PMPosted by Enekie
I've become enamored with cross-faction RP lately. I keep trying to engage with these Hordies by smashing them over the head with a sap, but it doesn't seem to work out.

Next time Snuffit runs into you she won't /hug as I do with forum people, I shall /eye suspiciously.

And try to /bribe most likely. Is there a emote for that? /thinks
Just as well. I frequently sap to avoid physical contact.