I miss Glyph of Siphon Life

Warlock
Good Day to all of my Warlock Brothers and Sisters, I've just been sitting here and reminiscing about the recent changes that they have done to Destruction and the thing i miss the most is the Glyph of Siphon Life, i know it was a bit OP, but it was our version of Victory Strike. I have mentioned numerous times to my Guildies that with the rework of Destro, we have felt more like Ranged Warriors than anything with the ramp up in Embers as a Warrior ramps up on Rage. Just wanted to put this out there, not really meant for a QQ Thread of any kind, just remembering the RECENT changes that have been made.
Personally I think they should have changed it to a HoT. Then it would not be instant and if you got multiple it would not be 20% + 20% because of clipping.

I kind of feel they did exactly what they said they didnt want to do which was be knee jerk. Scaling it back is appropriate, out right removal is pretty knee jerk.
Glyph of Siphon Life barely ticks for any healing.

Are you talking about Glyph of Soul Consumption where Shadowburn heals you? If so, then I can't believe it either. Blizz didn't even try to compromise with the glyph; they just made it useless for destro altogether. It made going mob to mob much, much easier. I won't hold out much hope for it being restored. Blizzard never admits that they're wrong and that have too much pride when they make changes.
@ Screwface

I apologize, i did mean Glyph of Soul Consumption, was a nice glyph when you killed an enemy/player with Shadowburn and recieve 200k+ back in heals
pfft I miss siphon life from wrath, or rather affliction in general from then
The removal had to be for arena. If you kill pet you just for a major jump on the other person. ember plus a nice heal. a situational powerful glyph was made useless. I do not even think they realize they gutted the glyph for destruction. That is the sad part. Because you almost never get a kill with chaos bolt.
Siphon Life should be baseline. It's so crappy. How can it be worth a glyph slot?

Anyways, the nerf to Soul Consumption basically made the glyph utterly worthless for Destro. Who's going to use CB to kill someone? It's pretty hard to do so out of bursts. And no one on his right mind will choose to hardcast CB over instant killing the target (doesn't even kill that easy with Shadowburn, btw).

12/07/2012 05:08 AMPosted by Flitwik
I apologize, i did mean Glyph of Soul Consumption, was a nice glyph when you killed an enemy/player with Shadowburn and recieve 200k+ back in heals

200k+? That's about 50% of the max HP. The glyph was supposed to heal 20% if we head shot someone.

Was it used to stack or something?
It was a little broken OP, especially for destro. Being able to CB+SB someone and then restore 20% of your health? I will miss it, but I think the change was necessary.

RIP Soloing 3 people :(