Frost hardcasting FFB?

Mage
Was just curious if this was just other mages being bad or if i was missing something.

But i just started breaking into the higher tiers of LFR on my mage tonight and i noticed as i went that the few other frost mages i encountered seemed to be hardcasting frostfire bolt.

I noticed they were doing decent dps (nothing stellar, and yea, the highest ones were arcane mages) but i was pretty firmly in the middle of the pack for dps (not bad for a first hit for most of these places) and i'm doing a fairly standard frost priority system (Orb on CD, IV/mirror and alter time at same time when i have 2 FoF and a MF proc, ice lance and FFB to clear procs, keep dot up every time it pops, fireblast when adds up to spread dot, pet nova on CD, frostbolt filler, etc.).

I've noticed, however, that most of the frost mages i've seen in LFR (granted its been like... 3 others...) were using FFB with the glyph as their filler.

Considering FFB doesn't stack the 3 stack debuff... am i missing something? Do they know something i don't? Or are they just gimping themselves because FFB is shiny or something? lol.

ty for any advice... kinda confuzled here.
I personally have no clue, but I have come to the conclusion that most of the people you meet in LFR are idiots.

;3
I personally have no clue, but I have come to the conclusion that most of the people you meet in LFR are idiots.

;3

derp
12/08/2012 12:07 AMPosted by Azuresky
Considering FFB doesn't stack the 3 stack debuff... am i missing something? Do they know something i don't? Or are they just gimping themselves because FFB is shiny or something? lol.

It's entirely possible that they know something that you don't. But if they do, it isn't about FFB. It's lower DPET than Frostbolt, it doesn't benefit from the Frostbolt debuff, and it doesn't generate procs as quickly. It's not for use as a Frost filler.

;3

You made me giggle.
lol, thx guys. Just standard LFR morons then :P

I don't see many other frost mages but i enjoy the spec and this alt isn't going to be doing any progression anytime soon so i've been sticking with it. I'm trying to milk out everything i can from it though and by the third time i saw another frost mage in LFR with their top 3 damage being FFB, icelance and their bomb (with no frostbolt found on their entire list) i was just kinda scratching my head :P

Then again... while the arcane guys are usually above me (although i've beat a handful of them) and the fire guys vanished i'm usually above any other frost guys on the meters.

Cheers all :)
I've gone a full frost mastery build, with RoP. And my dps is usually the best, if not in the top 5 in the LFR raid, with the exception of the 2nd boss in Terrace of Endless Spring Tsulong. In that LFR raid, the healers during the sun-phase get their heals to count as dps, and during then, they basically are double the dps.

My crits on non-special days (no flask) for FFB are 190K now. On Ice Lance, 150K, and FB 90K. My WE and Nether Tempest are an automatic 20K dps, if I do nothing else. And Alter Time for all its gimmic-ness, lets me FFB-proc, IL-2X, PoM-FB, twice in basically 8 seconds.

I've never seen mage dps, especially frost, so good for rading since MC days, when of course, the mobs were fire immune.

I rarely see any fire mages. Some arcane mages, lots of frost mages, rarely any fire.