Are Resto Druids ever gonna get a buff?

Druid
Yeah I feel ya. We're out of 2 weeks worth of raiding because of 1. Holidays, 2. IRL problems with our monk healer. He went MIA for a whole week, and we had no sub... So.... We're quite behind.

But regardless of that, I still feel resto is lacking. I was healing Empress with our rsham (our monk wasn't there, not surprised), and holyyyyyyyyyyyyyy crappppppppp was that f'ing intense. I mean granted I was only using 6500 spirit and I had less than optimized gear for resto, but I felt like I was just barely able to breathe with my mana. I had to play to absolute perfection or else my rsham counterpart would be solohealing.

And then the icing on the cake, every single fear in the last phase was on him and I.

At least your seeing it outside of LFR lol. That Shaman is pretty damn good(I peeked).
We definitely could stand some attention. I hope that Mushrooms become a Mitigation CD.
Also lowering our haste breakpoints for HOT ticks isn't being discussed enough. The mana issue is obvious.

Oh yea. If I wear the tier pants(currently collecting dust in my bags) instead of the rep pantsI lose 700+ spirit(lol). Why wasn't that looked at? The 2 set is suppose to help with mana, but If I ended up getting it via Pants and another piece it's less effective!
Yeah I feel ya. We're out of 2 weeks worth of raiding because of 1. Holidays, 2. IRL problems with our monk healer. He went MIA for a whole week, and we had no sub... So.... We're quite behind.

But regardless of that, I still feel resto is lacking. I was healing Empress with our rsham (our monk wasn't there, not surprised), and holyyyyyyyyyyyyyy crappppppppp was that f'ing intense. I mean granted I was only using 6500 spirit and I had less than optimized gear for resto, but I felt like I was just barely able to breathe with my mana. I had to play to absolute perfection or else my rsham counterpart would be solohealing.

And then the icing on the cake, every single fear in the last phase was on him and I.

At least your seeing it outside of LFR lol. That Shaman is pretty damn good(I peeked).
We definitely could stand some attention. I hope that Mushrooms become a Mitigation CD.
Also lowering our haste breakpoints for HOT ticks isn't being discussed enough. The mana issue is obvious.

Oh yea. If I wear the tier pants(currently collecting dust in my bags) instead of the rep pantsI lose 700+ spirit(lol). Why wasn't that looked at? The 2 set is suppose to help with mana, but If I ended up getting it via Pants and another piece it's less effective!

Yeah... He's pretty f'ing insane. I'm not afraid to say he's the best rsham you'll meet.
Idk bout the mushrooms idea.. We already have IB. We just need to have it reworked a bit.
Resto druids are fine. Wild Mushrooms is a great spell.
I must be the only one that feels like we're not hurting all that bad. Granted, my guild has not cleared MV on normal yet, let alone attempted any heroics, but I haven't really experienced any healing issues yet. With mana pots, innervate + spirit trinket, and flask of falling leaves, I've found I have more than enough mana to last a fight if everyone else in the raid is doing what they should be and avoiding avoidable damage. If another healer goes down it definitely creates mana issues, but that's generally the only time.

As far as rejuv blanketing, that hasn't really been a mana-efficient option in a long time. Even if it were, it ends up being worthless due to other healers healing players you've already cast rejuv on. Most of my raid healing comes from efflo and WG these days. I've been using Soul of the Forest instead of ToL, and that combined with WG amounts to a TON of healing, it's honestly like a mini tranq for me.

I dunno, I could be speaking out of turn not having downed all the bosses in MV outside of LFR yet, but I've been satisfied with my numbers thus far. Would I like to see us buffed a little more, sure, but I don't think we're as underpowered as everyone wants to think. Same goes for holy priest, I've had zero issues with that class as well.
We have definitely been weak, especially with the short burst dmg encounter design for which we have no bursty spells in our toolbox (ie broken mushrooms).

We are a throughput class but in order to have decent throughput we need to precast a lot of rejuv which costs a fortune, especially without 2pc. Usually everything is all healed up by the time any of our hots get a chance to do any healing.

OP Monks were a huge factor in consuming available healing. Shamans have two major CD's (Tide and SLT - SLT being uber OP). Disc Priest spirit shell is off the freakin charts and can pull 350K + hps (absorbs) every minute.

I'm getting close to full heroic gear and I'm barely getting competitive against other classes of the same gear level. Sucks it's taken 1/2 way into heroic bosses for me to make any headway in terms of being useful.

Why it took them so long to nerf Monks is beyond me. And why they continue to do nothing about mushrooms again is beyond me. I can't wait for this tier to be over hoping T15 is better for us.

I hate complaining. I try to adapt and do the best I can with what we have but it's an uphill battle.

For mushrooms...what do you all think about this.

1. 1 GCD to plant
2. Bloom has a base heal amount but heals fewer people so that the heal is actually worth it
3. Bloom triggers a secondary effect where either all hots or perhaps just any rejuvs ticking on bloom targets instantly heal for the entire remaining duration of the hot. Rejuvs are consumed by this effect.
4. CD increased to 1 minute

This would allow for a bit of extra burst on a few select targets while the base bloom heal heals most of the raid for x amount. Consumed hots would be of varying strengths so it's not like 10 full duration rejuvs 'blooming' so that limits it's overall power. Rejuvs are expensive over use for this purpose would drain mana fairly quickly so that's also maybe a good limiting factor to overuse.

Ghostcrawler said he didn't just want another spell on a CD etc and wanted variety. To me this is kind of a unique way to make mushrooms fun and useful. They might even save a couple lives this way.
12/10/2012 08:21 PMPosted by Applebush
Resto druids are fine. Wild Mushrooms is a great spell.

I hope ur lieing.
One quick glance at WoL healing will tell you that druids *do* need a buff. Every single healing class has several top 10 WoL ranks except druids. (I'll say that holy priests don't seem to have any logs either, but I'm sure that will change after their 10% across the board buff)
We have no mana efficient intermediate heal. Maybe I have a unique play style here, but I find myself relying on clearcasting procs (using incarnation + NV) so that I can spam RGs in between WG cd and LB spamming for heavy healing phases where tranq is on cd. I just don't have the mana return for rejuv blanketing while maintaining the 6652 haste threshold in current gear. Even with the 2pc. bonus I find myself running low on mana regardless of good innervate + potion use if I rejuv blanket.
This is asinine to me. We're not a steady healer. On many fights we're frankly lackluster since our only true aoe heal is wild growth and what is supposed to be our filler (shrooms) has almost no utility. There are practically no fights I find myself consistently using shrooms. Elegon since we have the raid stack up for add explosions is the only one I consistently use it on... Sometimes on Feng assuming he's managed to remain in place from when you had the time for the 3gcds, so very rarely. Spirit kings for maddening shout if you're able to use 3 gcds and get them in place before the boss has to move, not regularly. Maybe during force and verve on Zor'lok, assuming the bubble spawned near your shrooms, though I find myself ignoring shrooms in favor of rejuv. You can get some limited use for Wind Lord on the melee for rain of blades, primarily during p2 when the melee wont be moving around. None at all in Terrace since there aren't any real still and stack mechanics.
So, out of 16 bosses, I've been able to find some use for shrooms on 5, and only a 100% reliable use on *one* fight based on our strats. This leaves 10 - 15 fights where shrooms are entirely useless.
Now, I also don't ever find myself using shrooms in pvp (though to be fair I am a very casual pvper and haven't even attempted rbgs yet) because the gcds are of much better use to me for rejuv + wg + swiftmend.
The problem here is obvious. Rejuv isn't mana efficient enough to be a true 'filler' spell, even with the 2pc bonus, and shrooms are by and large worthless.
Compare this with a monk and aside from a b-res, why should any raid choose a druid over a monk healer?
Simple answer: they shouldn't.
Long answer: Monks fill our raid role significantly better than we do.
We bring nothing to the table that another healing (or dps in the case of b-res) class doesn't do better except tranqing while moving thanks to symbiosis.
A monk + a disc priest (for tank cd) + one dk, feral/boomkin, or lock in any raid makes resto druids irrelevant. Tranq isn't even a consideration since almost every good raiding guild has at least one shaman in their raid, which means a huge healing totem regardless of spec.

Pve healing is broken. It does need to be fixed. Find a way to make us not OP in pvp that still allows us to be competitive in pve. I don't care how. Some of the suggestions I've seen in this thread are wonderful, and I really hope blizz listens to the !@#$% fest going on here.
I'd like to see Revitalize back and Mushrooms turned into a CD

Either healing people who stand in the pretty green circle on the ground for 20k every 2 seconds for 8 seconds ( No DR ) or giving everyone who stands in the circle a 30% reduction for 30 seconds.

Circles being 15 yards and the CD on 2 minutes.

Also: Why the Fleur bashing? Sure , sometimes I don't see eye to eye on what she says , but she knows what she's talking about ( Except if she argues with me , I'm always right because worgen>troll :P j/k ) , and she can be very helpful :)
I just don't have the mana return for rejuv blanketing while maintaining the 6652 haste threshold in current gear.

I could be wrong but WG/efflo doesn't make up enough of our healing (Edit: especially since you use incarnation and not soul of the forest) that it's worth dropping THAT much mastery in favor of haste. All that mastery loss makes your WG/efflo weaker while also making rejuv and everything else weaker. WG/efflo do a little more healing but tick for less and altogether it's a net loss due to losing so much mastery.

The only reason to shoot for 6652 break point would to make balance 5273 breakpoint easier to reach BUT a lot of top balance druids are now ignoring the 5273 breakpoint in favor of stacking crit as high a possible.
12/10/2012 10:07 PMPosted by Jykor
Bloom has a base heal amount but heals fewer people so that the heal is actually worth it

We don't really need another targeted smart heal with a player cap, we already have Swiftmend, Wild Growth and Tranquility that all do that. We don't really need another spell that has set-up time, we again have the aforementioned 3 (SM-WG combo with Soul of the Forest and checking that our mastery or Spiritwalker is up before tranq-ing for example). We do need an unlimited AoE, preferably an aura-style heal that can get through line-of-sight.

More than that I'd like Living Seed to be an absorb shield instead of what it is now.
Rejuv is Way to high considering that's our main Healing output spell where we blanket the raid with rejuvs while huge raid damage is going out. We also need a buff on all of our healing spells with Atleast an Extra 7 - 12% of our Base Spellpower.

Boom. There's your problem. You're basing your analysis off of an old forgotten ancient playstyle.

We also need a buff on all of our healing spells with Atleast an Extra 7 - 12% of our Base Spellpower.

This is just sheer stupidity. Our heals are quite competitive (our rotational ones, not Shrooms/HT/Nourish). Do that and we'd be insanely overpowered. Our issues are with mechanics/mana regen. These issues are having us effectively throttle our hps, making them appear lower than their potential.
So I raided with my shammy alt to MSV, 458 ilvl, full blue gears with Sha boots, some even 450, can't even que for LFR HoF, somewhat fresh 90. Other two healer sit 475-480ilvl

3 heals the fight (PuG duh)
- Stone Guard with blasted jasper, ended 65k HPS
- Feng easily drop 80k HPS, while laughing maniacally, while spamming lighting bolt
- Garajal, bleh log broken
- Solo Heal Spirit Kings, (one healer drop, the other healer smashed by Annihilate)
- Elegon, constantly sitting 80k HPS, (this is when the pug group broke)

Now compare to my main run rdruids with 485 ilvl (2 heal)
- Stone Guard, 2 heals, yeah HPS can't compete with pally healer my mate
- Feng, got beat so bad by pally healer, sit around 45k HPS
- Garajal, meh
- Spirit Kings, yeah can solo heal, but with pain and after 1st boss mana super low
- Elegon, almost even out with pally healer
- Emperor, almost even out with pally healer

and in HoF, 1st and 4th boss, shammy is really broken, we have ele shammy that just starting how to heal, and easily topping me and our pally healer. Her sole purposes is just extra set of cd, but she ended up topping our heal with healing rain/tide/riptide.

Why we even bother with rdruids? Now I'm gearing towards feral/guardian because my guild want to find a rshammy. Druid been my main since I started, so I unwilling to switch main.
The only thing that might make it seem like we're not doing as well as usual, is the fact that previously, resto druids were necessary for movement heavy fights due to our ability to heal on the move. However with mists and general improvements to other classes over the years, it's easier for other healers to keep up on movement heavy fights.

The thing is now, resto druids are becoming more based on AoE heals. Wild Mushroom is a great spell, the problem is with bad placement on the user's behalf. You REALLY need to be watching where large groups of people are and pre-placing your mushrooms accordingly. There is nothing more powerful than having 3 mushrooms sitting in a chunk of melee+ swiftmend+ Wild Growth during heavy AoE damage.

Hell, I've had my mushrooms hit for around 9k on each player on a stack of around 15 players.

You also should have Incarnation: Tree of Life and be using it on every cooldown (I also have mine macro'd to use with Nature's Vigil), sprinkle lifebloom around the raid and pop those OOC procs on regrowth on people taking a lot of damage.

Long gone is the play style of throwing Rejuv around. Rejuv should only be used on the tank that is taking the most damage. Also Nourish is almost useless and I practically never use it, too long of a cast time for the mana cost and small amount it heals for.
12/11/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Tonydanza
Our issues are with mechanics/mana regen. These issues are having us effectively throttle our hps, making them appear lower than their potential.

I totally agree with this. For the most part I feel like our output is fine, it's just our mana that's holding us back from coming close to our real potential.
Give us an hp buff like resto shamans.
Rejuv is Way to high considering that's our main Healing output spell where we blanket the raid with rejuvs while huge raid damage is going out. We also need a buff on all of our healing spells with Atleast an Extra 7 - 12% of our Base Spellpower.

Boom. There's your problem. You're basing your analysis off of an old forgotten ancient playstyle.

We also need a buff on all of our healing spells with Atleast an Extra 7 - 12% of our Base Spellpower.

This is just sheer stupidity. Our heals are quite competitive (our rotational ones, not Shrooms/HT/Nourish). Do that and we'd be insanely overpowered. Our issues are with mechanics/mana regen. These issues are having us effectively throttle our hps, making them appear lower than their potential.

You obviously dont know what ur talking about, from looking at ur logs you cant even Maintain a 90% on harmony you cant even parse only do regs, just shh you dont know nothing.
12/08/2012 10:39 PMPosted by Totemtown
All other classes have ethier been buffed or nerfed

I'd prefer nothing over a nerf.

Be thankful.