So let me get this right...

General Discussion
careful what you wish for, look what happened to Cairne Bloodhoof after all he did for us...

I still say he would make any worgen a GREAT casserole...MWUAHAHAHAAHH.....
Hey, buddy. You shut the hell up and get that panda his damn turnips! While we're still young, please.
12/08/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Bretherezen
You seem to not understand what it is I am asking for. I am not complaining that I am running all over Azeroth and Outland saving countless peoples from total and utter annihilation. I am complaining that I have, not once (aside from the Aspects just previously) received my due 'Thanks' from ANYBODY.

I dont understand what do you expect as a thanks for all that things you did. Everyone, I mean almost everyone thanks you. Vol'jin thanked you, Thrall also and Lor'themar. These are not nobody, they are the leaders.

If you expect some Blood elf bikini girls, well than thats a different thing.
To be realistic, you did all of those things with the help of a small army of equally skilled adventurers. And throughout Cata and Pandaria you're recognized as a 'great hero' or 'champion of the horde' by most NPCs.

This is the difficulty in WoW, it's a game in which player character's have a very powerful effect on the world, but making a player character too influential makes it very difficult to balance the canon, esp in the extended universe.
12/08/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Thanë
Hey, buddy. You shut the hell up and get that panda his damn turnips! While we're still young, please.

Umm... You are about 3 weeks late. ^_^

12/08/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Thera
Everyone, I mean almost everyone thanks you. Vol'jin thanked you, Thrall also and Lor'themar.

Really? Since when. I have never heard Lor'themar thank me for anything, Thrall is Thrall and thanks anybody for anything, and Vol'Jin was probably high on spirit dust that day like he always is...

12/08/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Daecher
To be realistic, you did all of those things with the help of a small army of equally skilled adventurers.

They deserve recognition too.

And throughout Cata and Pandaria you're recognized as a 'great hero' or 'champion of the horde' by most NPCs.

Only by those that even know what the heck is going on am I viewed as a 'great hero' or 'champion' of my people. Those guys whose lives I am ultimately fighting for? Y'know, the ones sitting watch at some random and remote outpost? Yeah... Not a word from them.

"Hail! <salute.> Now be on your way."
^

but making a player character too influential makes it very difficult to balance the canon,

Not asking for influence, just thanks is all.
At least you do not have a sick and twisted, kniving and maniacal friend of a Blood Elf that wants to eat you...

Not yet......
Youre a meaningless peon because we've all done all those things.

Its like playing whack-a-mole. They sprout back up right away.
12/08/2012 03:14 AMPosted by Bretherezen
Why, oh why, am I not neutral yet?

better question, after all you've accomplished why are you being asked to kill birds and spiders on a daily bases.
Moo.
Not good enough!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

<breathes fire>
Put the table back...

And I feel the same. I:
-Banished Ragnaros to the Firelands
-Killed Nefarian... twice
-Killed Ragnaros in the Firelands
-Killed Deathwing
-Killed the Old Gods C'thun and Yogg-Saron
-Destroyed the Sha within Pandaria
-Destroyed the Qiraji threat
-Killed the Lich King, Arthas
-Killed KAel'thas... twice
-Banished Kil'JAedan
-Helped Destroy Archimonde in Hyjal 10 years in the past
-Saved Azeroth from Reply Code: Omega
-Helped Varian himself take Lion's Landing
-Played taxi to the prince
-Destroyed Cho'gall
-Killed Onyxia... twice
-Ended the disturbances in Karazhan
-Killed the Gruul and Magtheridon
-Killed Illidan.
...ect

WHY AM I STILL DOING PETTY WORK!? Stop making me get bloody lion's blood and give me something worthy of my stature!
I am a 40 year old veteran Tauren Hunter, born and raised out of Mulgore. I was trained to track and kill using a Bow & Arrow, Crossbow, or Gun as my primary weapon and I befriend the beasts of Azeroth and Outland a like in order to make life easier.

Hold it. Game is only 8 years old, so you can't be a 40 year old vet!
While I don't want to be neutral, I would rather much so call Hearthglen my home than Stormwind.
12/08/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Thera
If you expect some Blood elf bikini girls, well than thats a different thing.

You can get one if you punch Deathwing in the nose *grins*
I, too, would really like to be neutral. I am ICly anyway. I may appear to be assisting the Alliance currently, but that's only because my allegiance to the Argent Crusade has allowed me to travel through the various faction towns at my leisure - I've assisted friends of mine within the Horde about as much as the Alliance. An undead gent like myself wouldn't normally be accepted in Alliance territory (unless I happened to be a Death Knight) were it not for all this Argent Crusade paperwork I'm constantly lugging about everywhere.

A neutral faction would be ideal. Then I could save a few hundred trees not having to carry these papers with me everywhere.
That very "special" mage from Ysondre has not made his mark? I'll fix that.

*milks Bretherezen*

*milks Karova*

*milks Corrock*