High Elves

Story Forum
Prev 1 2 3 4 17 Next
Yay for High Elves
Yup, and I've brought this up before: High Elves would certainly be a viable as a replacement for the Night Elves, given that they are far better positioned to mold into Blizzard's overall vision for the Alliance.

Edit: I even know how you could structure it. After MOP, the Night Elves are made semi-neutral and put largely out of the picture, and the high and blood elven starting quests are structured in a similar fashion to the Pandaren after Lor'theron formally leaves the Horde (Not joining the Alliance though). Out of good faith to the Draenei and Worgen, who remain in Kalimdor, the Night Elves grant them safety within their lands, but are no longer affiliated just with the Alliance. Ditto with the Blood Elves in Silvermoon.

I agree with you partially. I don't agree with removing Night Elves completely, but with the addition of High Elves, The Night Elves wouldn't have to be watered down to fit in with the Eastern Alliance as the High Elves could fill that role.

I'd like to see the Night Elves leading the Kalimdor Alliance myself, as they are probably the largest race out of them, Worgen and Draenei. Basically, more of the Sentinel army in Feralas, which was made up of both Night Elves and Worgen, but clearly lead by the Night Elves. This way Night Elves could retain their identity as a major power in Kalimdor, while giving the other races more involvement.

The Highborne also give the Night Elves an edge as well as more population.

Essentially making them feel like a third faction like you mentioned. There could even be a little animosity between the Night Elves and Eastern Alliance, to try to assert the Night Elves independence of the Alliance.

As for High Elves, they would just need to continue on with their own storyline within the Alliance.

In regard to what you said, you're never going to see that with Night Elves. It's a pipe dream, a fantasy, and Skytotem is right as well.

The only viable option is a swap.
I hope that never happens. I'd lose 95% of my Alliance characters if the Night elves were made neutral of any sort and replaced by High Elves.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3821263817

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3941585903

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1921982304

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4837193779

We're going to need another dead horse. The flesh is all gone from this one.
12/08/2012 07:12 AMPosted by Mythelm
Lastly as far as classes go, The only difference I could see between high elves and blood elves is the lack of the warlock class, and really how hard could it be to exclude ONE class from the selection

There is a high elf warlock trainer in the Silver Enclave at Dalaran.

yea, never understood that from a lore perspective, seeing as how contact with fel magic is supposed to transform them into blood elves so to speak . . . it's like adding an orc paladin trainer in orgrimmar
12/08/2012 11:36 AMPosted by Aldårian
yea, never understood that from a lore perspective, seeing as how contact with fel magic is supposed to transform them into blood elves so to speak . . . it's like adding an orc paladin trainer in orgrimmar

Kael'thas renamed the remaining High Elves, Blood Elves prior to the populace turning to fel magic to sate the magic addiction. You don't turn into a Blood Elf you choose to be one. If you define High Elves as elves who are dissenters and deserters of Quel'thalas, then it makes sense.

Kael'thas renamed the remaining High Elves, Blood Elves prior to the populace turning to fel magic to sate the magic addiction. You don't turn into a Blood Elf you choose to be one. If you define High Elves as elves who are dissenters and deserters of Quel'thalas, then it makes sense.

I understand that, however theres not that many blood elves who aren't tainted, not saying blood elves still "feed", but the after effects will be with them for a long time, if they ever go away at all
12/07/2012 09:23 PMPosted by Dryker

I'd have gone for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=CA&v=3zNjQecyjE8

To put it more succinctly...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6BL6QvKljo

... I'm going to go with these gentlemen and simply add this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwiYNYlqJL0

Am I doing this right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlv7Bp-L2MM
12/08/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Aldårian
I understand that, however these not that many blood elves who aren't tainted, not saying blood elves still "feed", but the after effects will be with them for a long time, if they ever go away at al

With the restoration of the Sunwell we're "feeding" off a mix of light and arcane magic. What the effects of the light have on fel tainted elves is matter of speculation. In any case, I was saying that the High Elf Warlock probably no longer see themselves as a subject of Quel'thalas, but Dalaran thus keeping their status as a High Elf.
12/08/2012 08:30 AMPosted by Kynrind
I hope that never happens. I'd lose 95% of my Alliance characters if the Night elves were made neutral of any sort and replaced by High Elves.

That's already happened in all but skin color now anyway though, so it's really a form over substance issue. The High Elves would just complete that last part.
12/07/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Draile
Fight to get Silvermoon back(PvP),

This is a horrible idea. The Alliance already has enough races with things that are literally impossible to do in game to succeed as driving goals, they don't need to be let down even more.

You want ANOTHER Lordaeron scenario like we have with Humans/Forsaken? WHY.
Fight to get Silvermoon back(PvP),

This is a horrible idea. The Alliance already has enough races with things that are literally impossible to do in game to succeed as driving goals, they don't need to be let down even more.

You want ANOTHER Lordaeron scenario like we have with Humans/Forsaken? WHY.

The last thing this forum needs are take back Quel'thalas threads and isn't this war supposed to simmer down after this expac.
I honestly would love to see High Elves become a playable race and I've several friends who would too. WoW is based on the old warcraft games and throughout those the High Elves were loyal and upstanding members of the Alliance untill thier betrayal at the hand of ONE human commander, and at that time they were under the rule of Kael'thas. Now that Kael is gone and Lor'themar plus Aethas Sunreaver both wanting to leave the Horde for the Alliance I can see them changing over, especially since I think they can overcome betrayal of a single commander to join the current Alliance. I don't think belfs enjoy having thier lives thrown away by Garrosh's leadership and the tons, not all, orc radicals ruthlessly backing Garrosh up. If belfs don't join the Alliance I don't see why High Elves couldn't considering that Dalaran is now Alliance turf with a Silver Covanent and Kirin Tor population. I can't imagine why the High Elves wouldn't be wanting to assist the Alliance in the war, and if they do then why not make them a playable race? The Horde have gained ogres for a while now, which just so happens to be thier old ally from warcraft. They could be a posssible and well lore related choice race for the Horde, but that's just my opinion as is all of this. It's been a looooong time that people have been talking about how the Blood Elves belong on the Alliance or how High Elves should join the Alliance. Simply give the people what they want and have been requesting for years now please. We all pay a monthly subscription for this game and a great many of us would like to Blizz crack thier knuckles and put this into effect. Thankyou
12/08/2012 03:57 PMPosted by Valrind
throughout those the High Elves were loyal and upstanding members of the Alliance untill thier betrayal at the hand of ONE human commander, and at that time they were under the rule of Kael'thas.

through the lore we know that they weren't exactly upstanding and loyal members of the Alliance though (they pulled out of the Alliance at every opportunity, unless you are reffering to the few that chose to ignore their kingdom's recalls).

. Now that Kael is gone and Lor'themar plus Aethas Sunreaver both wanting to leave the Horde for the Alliance I can see them changing over, especially since I think they can overcome betrayal of a single commander to join the current Alliance. I don't think belfs enjoy having thier lives thrown away by Garrosh's leadership and the tons, not all, orc radicals ruthlessly backing Garrosh up.

They want to leave Garrosh's horde (wich will coincidently be dealt with by the end of this expansion, at least as much as any other big bad group) they havn't shown any problems with Thrall's horde or the elements that seem to be making up the rebels.

I don't see why High Elves couldn't considering that Dalaran is now Alliance turf with a Silver Covanent and Kirin Tor population. I can't imagine why the High Elves wouldn't be wanting to assist the Alliance in the war

They pretty much have already joined the Alliance (especially after the Dalaran scenario), they are just not playable.

Simply give the people what they want and have been requesting for years now please.

The problem with this statement is that for every person expressing their desire for playable high elves, you have another expressing their desire to not have them be playable, so how do you "give the people what they want" when there is no majority concensus on the topic?
Given my stance on playable high elves I would rather see high elves playable then alliance blood elves. The only reason will Lor was even talking to Varian was because of Garrosh's actions, after Dalaran/Jaina I don't see blood elves going neutral. Lor will have no reason in the future to talk to Varian anymore when Vol'jin starts rebellion. Blood elves don't belong on the alliance despite their pretty faces their actions/themes are horde and they will never go neutral because blizz is actively pushing them to the horde.

Also one has to consider the gameplay balance for blood elves going alliance and playable high elves, and believe it or not there happens to be blood elf players who enjoy being on the horde, who enjoy pvping or raiding with their horde buddies. Blizzard shouldn't give in to the minority and make blood elves go alliance/neutral so they can have the WC2/ Lord of the rings filling.

The alliance needs the appreciate the elves that they have. I have to commend blizzard for sticking to their guns and not giving in the the minority that wants playable high elves/alliance blood elves, it their story and they are going to write it as they see fit.

Edit: I type kinda slow but Shaithiss perfectly nailed it .
Bleh all things considered I'd say just give'em high elves or let blood elves choose thier side that way everyone wins.
12/08/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Draxonicar

I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that Gilneas is impossible to bring back.
12/08/2012 05:59 PMPosted by Vorgrauf
Bleh all things considered I'd say just give'em high elves or let blood elves choose thier side that way everyone wins.

Blood elves aren't neutral and are not going neutral for both gameplay and lore reasons (you can thank Jaina for that one). And before anyone pulls the Pandaren card Pandaren were always neutral and never was on a playable faction for years like the blood elves were, so pandaren fit perfectly as a neurtal race for gameplay balance and lore.

Part of me wants blizz to give allys the high elves so these threads wont pop up anymore but then I believe that they will be replaced with take back Silvermoon threads. Can we please stop betting this dead horse, the poor thing has been beaten to the ground so much it's a puddle of mesh.
Just so you know, the Sunreavers caused themselves to piss Jaina off when they helped Garrosh steal the Divine Bell. Just give the damn Alliance thier High Elves. I guarantee most people who don't want High Elves added in are because they just hate Elves period seriously. Is it really gonna hurt our Horde asses so badly if they get High Elves? Take back Silvermoon wouldn't even make sense nor would it ever exist cause it's the Blood Elf capital and the High Elves don't even want anything to do with the Blood Elves in the first place. I'm pretty sure the Silver Covenant is too fond of Dalaran anyways.
12/08/2012 06:30 PMPosted by Gròm
Just so you know, the Sunreavers caused themselves to piss Jaina off when they helped Garrosh steal the Divine Bell. Just give the damn Alliance thier High Elves. I guarantee most people who don't want High Elves added in are because they just hate Elves period seriously. Is it really gonna hurt our Horde asses so badly if they get High Elves? Take back Silvermoon wouldn't even make sense nor would it ever exist cause it's the Blood Elf capital and the High Elves don't even want anything to do with the Blood Elves in the first place. I'm pretty sure the Silver Covenant is too fond of Dalaran anyways.

Believe it or not I my main alliance along with most of my high level toons with the exception of a goblin and two blood elves. You are right about how high elves view blood elves but if you say high elves don't care about silvermoon then explain the silver covenant presence at Zul'Aman. Take back Lordaeron wouldn't even make sense nor would it ever exist cause it's the Forsaken's capital.