Operation Save the Gnomes

General Discussion
Bad Boffo! /smack Leave the gnomes alone!

But this solution is good, because we don't have to kill anyone.

The current gnomes can live a rich, happy, child free life, passing away happily in their sleep at an old age. (Assuming Gnomes don't have Night Elf-esque lifespans)

But Azeroth still gets to be rid of them! Win win!

Gnomes live to be in their 400s.
You on the other hand may find your life cut a bit short.

12/08/2012 07:05 PMPosted by Draug
You don't understand though, Gnomes breed like rabbits, and their litter size is just as large so even a small population of gnomes can very quickly infest any area.

The horde... making up science since......
How long have you guys been around for?
12/08/2012 07:05 PMPosted by Eadryk
The current gnomes can live a rich, happy, child free life, passing away happily in their sleep at an old age. (Assuming Gnomes don't have Night Elf-esque lifespans)

How would you know? They were mechanicals originally, after all.

You're right. We need scientific data on this. Therefore, we must experiment.

I propose we put a gnome inside of an airtight unbreakable (except by Boffo, so no one can NO U this idea) tube. Then we check on the gnome every ten years, to see when it dies of old age.
12/08/2012 07:09 PMPosted by Boffo

I propose we put a gnome inside of an airtight unbreakable (except by Boffo, so no one can NO U this idea) tube. Then we check on the gnome every ten years, to see when it dies of old age.

You'll probably die first, just saying. >.>
12/08/2012 07:07 PMPosted by Navi

I'm a Warlock. The deal is power now, but we don't really die in our sleep in old age, so... meh.

Or... you can just ask us and see that we live into our 400s.

Stupid humans...

12/08/2012 07:10 PMPosted by Boffo
I'm a Warlock. The deal is power now, but we don't really die in our sleep in old age, so... meh.

Who said It would be of natural causes?

Stupid humans...

I'm not so sure your answer could be trusted.

12/08/2012 07:10 PMPosted by Boffo

Who said It would be of natural causes?

Yes, yes, I got that implication. Still, meh.

Just if you come for me, make sure you get the job done. Otherwise...

Stupid humans...

I'm rather curious how long worgen live.

I mean, some sources have werewolves as immortals; never dying of old age...some not.

And there are still some of the original worgen alive in the present time (I believe the Den Mother in Felwood says that she was one). And that all happened ten thousand years ago.

(Granted, she'd have been in the Emerald Dream for most of the last ten thousand, and it's hard to say what that'd do to a person.)
12/08/2012 07:14 PMPosted by Boffo

Then you may remain ignorant.

Otherwise what?
Am I gonna suffocate from laughing at your stupid hat too much?

Stupid humans...

I mean, some sources have werewolves as immortals; never dying of old age...some not.

And there are still some of the original worgen alive in the present time (I believe the Den Mother in Felwood says that she was one). And that all happened ten thousand years ago.

I don't believe we know this yet, Worgen born from cursed humans are relatively new.
12/08/2012 07:17 PMPosted by Navi

Then you may remain ignorant.

There's always my planned experiment.

Otherwise what?
Am I gonna suffocate from laughing at your stupid hat too much?

You leave the hat out of this. The hat did nothing to you.

There, there, Mr. Hat. She's just mean because she's short. And hasn't had cookies.
12/08/2012 07:17 PMPosted by Navi
I don't believe we know this yet, Worgen born from cursed humans are relatively new.

I know. Just a curiosity hanging out in the back of my head, probably one we'll never get a solid answer to.

Just like the everlasting question about worgen children, and children of druids.
12/08/2012 07:07 PMPosted by Navi

12/08/2012 07:05 PMPosted by Draug
You don't understand though, Gnomes breed like rabbits, and their litter size is just as large so even a small population of gnomes can very quickly infest any area.

The horde... making up science since......
How long have you guys been around for?

Listen youngling we were walking the lands under the eyes of teh earthmother Before you suffered the curse of flesh, before you were even a glint in the eyes of your titan masters, before the titans even walked the lands.

The science I speak of is pure observational science, you cannot deny what you see with your own two eyes.
12/08/2012 07:16 PMPosted by Eadryk

Probably depends on the worgen's original race. I imagine that alongside the other benefits Worgen get (more strength, agility, speed, etc) they likely get a slightly longer lifespan. Night Elves who used the Pack form but became permanently worgen probably had ridiculously long lifespans. Night Elves were immortal at the time, so that gift extended to them until the World Tree was destroyed and the worgen were released from the deep sleep inside the Emerald Dream.

Worgen who were human probably have somewhere between 110 and 150 years to live. But since worgen humans have only been around for a decade, we can't really be sure yet.
Without them, the technological superiority we have over the Horde would not exist.

They go out, fight and die same as any of us, only when they come home, they get punted and abused by their own faction.

I'm through hating on Gnomes.

Oh, their tech is great when it works.

When it fails, it fails spectacularly (whether spectacularly disastrously, or spectacularly hilariously.)

It seems to me though that the success rate isn't all that great.
Without them, the technological superiority we have over the Horde would not exist.

They go out, fight and die same as any of us, only when they come home, they get punted and abused by their own faction.

I'm through hating on Gnomes.

That's what I'd felt about them.

They are, in a large part, the reason why we still hold the tech high ground.

The Skyfire wouldn't be possible without them.

Probably depends on the worgen's original race. I imagine that alongside the other benefits Worgen get (more strength, agility, speed, etc) they likely get a slightly longer lifespan. Night Elves who used the Pack form but became permanently worgen probably had ridiculously long lifespans. Night Elves were immortal at the time, so that gift extended to them until the World Tree was destroyed and the worgen were released from the deep sleep inside the Emerald Dream.

Worgen who were human probably have somewhere between 110 and 150 years to live. But since worgen humans have only been around for a decade, we can't really be sure yet.

Either way, that's a pretty long lifespan given WoW's medieval/steampunk environment.

We'll just have to see. (And I'm sure it was just for fun, but the Cataclysm Collector's edition buyers got a Starcraft posting ID of a worgen marine. =3 )
I support the saving of the Gnomes!

Let's be realistic here, folks; what are we going to punt when all the Gnomes are gone? What will our children kick around? Goblins? They're nowhere near as aerodynamic because of their ears! Gnomes, on the other hand, are tiny footballs with stubby legs, making them the absolute pinnacle of puntiness!

Save the Gnomes!

Let's be realistic here, folks; what are we going to punt when all the Gnomes are gone? What will our children kick around? Goblins? They're nowhere near as aerodynamic because of their ears! Gnomes, on the other hand, are tiny footballs with stubby legs, making them the absolute pinnacle of puntiness!

Save the Gnomes!

Once our leg muscles are all built up... well I can't say it outright because it's still a secret... so let me use code...

ahem...

We'll punt the beardy drunk guys.

Once you decipher this incredible code, don't tell anyone.

12/08/2012 07:25 PMPosted by Maurdeth
It's miles better than the things Goblins concoct, regarding functionality and success rate.

This really brings to mind the expression "damning with faint praise."
I'm not sure why I'd even -want- to save a gnome. There's nothing a gnome can do for me that a goblin can't and won't do better and cheaper. I've seen gnomish items in action and tested them with typical failure for results. At least goblin items are guaranteed to explode, last time I tossed a gnomish grenade it didn't arm until the other guy kicked it back towards me.

Save the Gnomes!

Once our leg muscles are all built up... well I can't say it outright because it's still a secret... so let me use code...

ahem...

We'll punt the beardy drunk guys.

Once you decipher this incredible code, don't tell anyone.

I don't think Pandaran males would make the best puntable objects.