"Never Meant To Do All of Them Every Day"

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 13 Next
I can't imagine a world where 1 ring and/or 1 necklace is make or break for killing a raid boss. So, I'm not sure who "had" to do it.
Then again I don't raid.

Well, imagine a 25 man raid.
Now if each person has 1 ring with an additional 100 of their primary stat, then that's essentially 25000 of a primary stat.
Now imagine you're wiping consistently at like 1% of bosses HP.

Check your math, it's 2500 of a primary stat, not 25000 (BIG difference).
Heroic Gara'jal progression for us. We had zero epic weapons in the raid and were wiping at <1%.Heroic Elegon. Our first kill had one person alive at the end (our tank). We could have done better, but we would have wiped without those valor items and rep rewards.

So what you are saying is you played perfectly and wiped to enrage due to lack of dps or heals?
Oh cool, let's start calling them "every other dailies" then.
How about this? a comparmise of sort could we make some these dailies less boring?

For example Show of Hands who here thinks killing 55 birds for 4 feathers is fun? If you did you either really really have a deep seeded hatred towards birds or easyly amused.
12/07/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Sinderion
As I say constantly on this topic, the only reason you can have no option is if your raid leader is going to bench you for not having all VP gear as soon as physically possible, and you have no alternative raid teams around that will accept you. Otherwise it's a choice with options you have to weigh.

I could say the same for using flask, food, gems, and enchants. Or wearing pants in-game.

P.S. I am our raid leader and I wouldn't bench someone for not getting VP/CP gear. I'd cut them and replace them with someone who actually cared about helping the guild succeed*.

*Assuming there are no mitigating circumstances. If someone's relative dies and they're busy dealing with that, I'm not going to be angry that they missed a day of dailies.

12/07/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Sinderion
I have to ask. Would you have preferred if they left the 25/day limit? I doubt it. People would just be calling that old/outdated and lame. You have more options, be flipping happy lol.

Yes. Or they should have gated the dailies like they did the raids.
Well, imagine a 25 man raid.
Now if each person has 1 ring with an additional 100 of their primary stat, then that's essentially 25000 of a primary stat.
Now imagine you're wiping consistently at like 1% of bosses HP.

25 * 100 = 2,500 not 25,000.
They knew good and well that a large portion of the player base would "feel" it necessary to do every daily every day. What they didn't expect was the backlash at the poorly designed, lazy game design they centered the entire expansion around.

If they had anyone that could think outside of the box and be able to see the inevitable burnout, they either didn't stand up and speak out or they were completely ignored.
12/07/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Harpoa
So what you are saying is you played perfectly and wiped to enrage due to lack of dps or heals?

For Gara'jal, yes.

For Elegon, not quite (healers went into the final burn with less mana than they needed due to an error on an earlier protector, so they had like 60% mana versus 75%), which is why I said we technically could have killed him without that last 1-2%, but that particular pull (our first kill) would have been a wipe.
How about this? a comparmise of sort could we make some these dailies less boring?

For example Show of Hands who here thinks killing 55 birds for 4 feathers is fun? If you did you either really really have a deep seeded hatred towards birds or easyly amused.

No one is arguing that dailies are fun. The argument essentially comes down to being mad at Blizzard because someone who isn't Blizzard is "making" you do something.
Your argument is based on min-maxing. Only hardcore progression raiders would be "required" to do all the dailies until revered for this particular scenario.

The Blizz statement applies to the other 99% of us.
They knew good and well that a large portion of the player base would "feel" it necessary to do every daily every day. What they didn't expect was the backlash at the poorly designed, lazy game design they centered the entire expansion around.

If they had anyone that could think outside of the box and be able to see the inevitable burnout, they either didn't stand up and speak out or they were completely ignored.

I feel like I had to do the super-lame Golden Lotus dailies to be able to do Shado-Pan to get new enchanting recipes. This is just a subjective feeling I had.

I trust my feelings.
Your argument is based on min-maxing. Only hardcore progression raiders would be "required" to do all the dailies until revered for this particular scenario.

The Blizz statement applies to the other 99% of us.

If only I had said something like

You're correct in one sense: if you don't raid, your statements are true. You don't need to do the dailies every day because you'll always have something to buy with Valor (since your best gear options will likely be 476s and 483s from raid finder, so 489s are always an upgrade).

Oh wait, I did.
12/07/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Weebliz
It's weird that something called a "daily" wasn't intended to be done, well, daily.

It's weird that people think that when faced with 25+ of these things called "dailies", they MUST. DO. ALL. OF. THEM. EVERY. DAY.

ALWAYS.

That's what's weird, tbh.

Ultimately, I think that's the crux of the issue for some people. Repetition and the knowledge that something is out there that is seen by some as something that needs to be done really pulls at the heartstrings of some people without the capacity to simply ignore them.
Consider the low valor point caps.
consider the only way to get to spend valor points is to do dailies.
Consider how high the costs are in relation to the low caps, and...
Consider how crappy the rate of valor is from dungeons and raids.

If you want anything valor related, you pretty much have to do them every day.

consider the only way to get to spend valor points is to do dailies.

I was unaware that the gear upgrade Ethereal was rep-based,
12/07/2012 01:11 PMPosted by Hetchy
The daily questing model is so played out and uninspired; we get it.
I can't imagine a world where 1 ring and/or 1 necklace is make or break for killing a raid boss. So, I'm not sure who "had" to do it.
Then again I don't raid.

then why comment on it?

I don't raid at that level either (heroics in the first weeks. heroics for me will come later), but it can indeed come down to a few ilvls in gear to eek out that tiny bit of extra dps that can mean the difference between a new kill - or not.
Oh Dave. You and I don't see eye to eye on this. Dailies are boring. They are the packing peanuts you shove into an expansion to keep the more interesting content from breaking during shipping. I ground my face through them because they faster I got them out of the way the fast I would never have to do them again and the faster I would have the game back on my terms.

BTW, isn't it by design that you can't get into the second half of MsV LFR with 463 equipment alone?

Maybe one day we'll hash it out over a nice slow roasted gnome. But not today.

As a result, to make sure you have access to the valor item for the gear slot you need, you do have to do every daily every day (or at least the ones for valor rewards and 489 ring/neck).

False.

You can do them every other day. You can do them once a week. You are just seeking to get them as fast as possible. Still not mandatory to do dailies every day.