PvP Disc/Holy and Talents – 5.2

Arenas
We apparently know of two things happening in patch 5.2. Blizzard said they’ll be looking to improve unpopular talents (for all classes) and Priests will finally be getting some PVP love.
Fantastic!

Allow me to help.

General

1. Rapture – Considered overpowered in PvE and completely gimped in PvP. Solution? Instead of having this talent based on spirit, simply make it return the full mana cost of PW:S every 12 seconds. That way you’re nerfing it in PvE and buffing it in PvP. Doing so would alleviate some of Disc’s PvP mana issues.

2. Hymn of Hope – Its time this spell gets some love. And by love I mean reducing the cooldown to 3 minutes, making it instant cast, and cause it to temporarily inflate the mana pools of ALL nearby allies by X for Y seconds (removing the mana-restore component). The Holy version would also grant 15-20% of the caster’s mana back since Holy’s mana regen in PvP and PvE is a hundred times worse that Disc’s.

3. Inner Focus really needs to be a Disc and Holy baseline spell with the Inner Focus Glyph also being baseline. That way, Holy has access to an Aura-mastery like spell.

4. Holy Nova – return this to a baseline spell. It was a wonderful BG flag protection spell.

5. Shadow Word: Death – another spell that needs to be returned to its original status.

6. Power Word: Shield is too easily dispelled and at no consequence. It needs a Lifebloom like effect.

Talents

Tier 1 (level 15) Talents:

Psyfiend – Was a very good talent until they nerfed its health down to 30k hp making it one-shottable. At this point I think I’d rather see the fiend cast an instant stun on one target and then disappear (Perhaps remove the pet altogether and name the talent Blackout). Priests are one of the only classes that I can think of which doesn’t have a stun.

Dominate Mind – This is basically Mind Control which we now have to talent for? No thanks, we had enough taken away from us. Give us back Mind Control for AB/Lumbermill fun and make Dominate Mind (replacing Mind Control) our version of Hex (1.5 sec cast time, 45 sec cooldown, turns our target into a mindless minion for 8 sec).

Tier 2 (level 30) Talents:

The only acceptable PvP talent on this tier is Phantasm. Body & Soul and Angelic Feather are completely nullified with the application of any snare.

Body & Soul should also suppress snares like our old PvP bonus Holy Walk.

Angelic feather - change this from a redundant speed boost to perhaps a jump of some sort? We don’t need two speed boosts.

That way your choices are:

-Speed boost/snare suppressant
-Ranged Leap
-Snare removal/non-target function

Tier 3 (Level 45) Talents:

This is meant to be our “mana” tier.

From Darkness, Comes Light is way too RNG and relies too much on casted abilities. Either add some instant cast spells to the proc list or give us a 15% chance when we’re hit to also proc.

PW: Solace is simply not feasible in a PvP environment. Nor is it attractive in PVE. I’d like to see this talent completely revamped. Not to mention it’s shadowform equivalent SW: Insanity, is also not taken by PvP or PvE Shadowpriests. Remove it.

Tier 4 (Level 60) Talents:

Desperate Prayer needs to become baseline for Disc and Holy like it once was.

Spectral Guise needs to function like the escape spell it was supposed to be. That means it doesn’t break on DoT or AoE damage. I personally would like to see the whole decoy component gone. It doesn’t fool anyone.

As for Angelic Bulwark, I’ve read a suggestion I like which involves giving this to Holy for PvP since they could use all the survivability buffs they can get.

Tier 5 (Level 75) Talents

My only real gripe about this tier is Twist of Fate. Its way too situational and isn’t a fun talent in the slightest.

Now that Power Infusion is self only, it’d be nice to see a cast-while-moving component added to the talent.

Tier 6 (Level 90) Talents:

My only comment on this tier is Halo. For a spell with a 40k mana cost and 40 sec cooldown, I wish the heal portion was more forgivable and didn’t require such perfect range alignment for its full healing effect.

Additional Holy Priest changes

-Lightwell needs to be unkillable

-Spirit of Redemption – I’ll say it once and I’ll say it a million times. It’s time this spell becomes an active spell and no longer improved deathform.

-Blessed Resilience needs to make a comeback now that Focused Will is back.

-Holy Concentration also needs to make a comeback!

Feel free to comment or post your suggestions! :D - and no I'm not asking for 100% of this to be implemented :P
Nice now anyword on shamans in 5.2? (DPS shamans not resto)
I see nerfs in disc's future, because we sucked so much in the beginning we needed fixes. The problem is that instead of getting those fixes, we got band aid fixes that while they made us somewhat better, when we get real fixes we will be on the op side in PvE (In my opinion). As teir and gear advances Rapture is going to become better and better.

Spectral guise going back to being usable in CC
SW:D glyph becomes a minor glyph
Inner Focus gets spread to holy and disc with the current glyph becoming baseline. You could perhaps change the current glyph to reduce the mana cost by a further 75%.
Holy either gets focused will or blessed resilience
Disc gets Holy Word: Serenity
Holy Nova baseline....why did this become a glyph??? A MAJOR GLYPH!!!

If rapture returns only PW:S cost I think the cd should be reduced.

What I really see Blizzard doing with Rapture is making it so it can not benefit from short term spirit increases. Kind of like what they did to Mana Tide Totem.
3. Inner Focus really needs to be a Disc and Holy baseline spell with the Inner Focus Glyph also being baseline. That way, Holy has access to an Aura-mastery like spell.

4. Holy Nova – return this to a baseline spell. It was a wonderful BG flag protection spell.
6. Power Word: Shield is too easily dispelled and at no consequence. It needs a Lifebloom like effect.

Yup, I agree with you on these points. Maybe 20% of bubble heals on dispel? Could be part of the underused glyph.

From Darkness, Comes Light is way too RNG and relies too much on casted abilities. Either add some instant cast spells to the proc list or give us a 15% chance when we’re hit to also proc.

I don't have a problem with FDCL. Encouraging casts is good for the PvP environment. It's just that priests need to do it more than other healers right now.

Spectral Guise needs to function like the escape spell it was supposed to be. That means it doesn’t break on DoT or AoE damage. I personally would like to see the whole decoy component gone. It doesn’t fool anyone.

I'm still shocked so many people take it, but I guess that speaks to the power of the other options...

As for Angelic Bulwark, I’ve read a suggestion I like which involves giving this to Holy for PvP since they could use all the survivability buffs they can get.

Or least buff the shield a bit.

My only real gripe about this tier is Twist of Fate. Its way too situational and isn’t a fun talent in the slightest.

Totally agree. It's a worse version of the resto shaman mastery. If your target is below 20%, they're already dead. At the very least, you're not going to switch from your damage to your healing or vice-versa.

Now that Power Infusion is self only, it’d be nice to see a cast-while-moving component added to the talent.

Hmm... I'd rather see that replace Twist of Fate.

-Lightwell needs to be unkillable

How much health does it have right now? I'd expect it to be similar to a shaman totem.

-Blessed Resilience needs to make a comeback now that Focused Will is back.

I think GC talked about this being a possibility on his twitter.

I think they should maybe slightly increase the absorb on it and make it undispellable nor spellstealable, that honestly is it's only Major issue

Yup, I agree with you on these points. Maybe 20% of bubble heals on dispel? Could be part of the underused glyph.

And i agree with that, on all part including the other guys 20% heal.
12/09/2012 05:28 AMPosted by Shadowbubble

I think they should maybe slightly increase the absorb on it and make it undispellable nor spellstealable, that honestly is it's only Major issue

Totally agree here. I feel bad for priests when I can just spellsteal every cooldown they have on my mage (Body and Soul is the most fun, haha). It's not like you can dispel Second Wind, Nature's Guardian, or Spirit Bond. Passives are supposed to work every time, right?

And i agree with that, on all part including the other guys 20% heal.

Thanks! My buddy came up with that idea in beta, actually. He'll be pleased to hear you agree!
Priest are a lot better pre than 5.1. I think they should make 1 glyph baseline (SWD,PS,Innerfocus) & if i was going to be a dreamer i would ask to make desperate prayer baseline or make dispersion in the talent trees.