Glyph of mirrorblades doesnt work on

Hunter
on chaos bolt??? Works fine with poly/hex... My favorite spells to reflect. I dont know if the locks are immune to their own spells, i did tranq every buff they have while they cast that spell. I dont know why they dont take any damage when i reflect CB.
Maybe i should put a ticket, or just report this on bug forums?
Thats because you should read Chaos Bolt's description. Its so badass, it even goes through a Pallies BUBBLE.

Edit: In case it wasn't clear, its working as intended. It totally negates protection buffs/shields/wahtever and straight up hurts/kills you. The downside to it is, 3 second hard cast gogogogo.
Thats because you should read Chaos Bolt's description. Its so badass, it even goes through a Pallies BUBBLE.

Edit: In case it wasn't clear, its working as intended. It totally negates protection buffs/shields/wahtever and straight up hurts/kills you. The downside to it is, 3 second hard cast gogogogo.

Ahhh, i see. So it cant be reflected back to lock. Ty for the clariffication. :)

Though it doesnt go through deterrance.
IIRC it should be going through, not that I'm complaining. Granted we're not blocking it, as more of deflecting.... Iunno.
12/07/2012 11:34 AMPosted by Razir
IIRC it should be going through, not that I'm complaining. Granted we're not blocking it, as more of deflecting.... Iunno.

So its either chaos bolt is bugged for not going through detter or glyph is bugged for not reflecting it.
Chaos Bolt ignores damage reduction effects. This is why when you deterrence against a lock they will usually /lol and start casting.
12/07/2012 01:59 PMPosted by Raygar
Chaos Bolt ignores damage reduction effects. This is why when you deterrence against a lock they will usually /lol and start casting.

Deterrence isn't damage reduction if the reflection/deflection mechanic applies.
It is applying, since it is preventing CB from hitting the hunter.
Therefore, the bug is that it isn't reflecting properly, as everything is working as described up until that point.
I can reflect chaos bolts with that glyph. But, it seems like chaos bolt doesn't hit the reflected target nearly as hard as it would've hit me for some reason.
12/07/2012 05:54 PMPosted by Dieyoung
I can reflect chaos bolts with that glyph. But, it seems like chaos bolt doesn't hit the reflected target nearly as hard as it would've hit me for some reason.

same here

Yah know, I don't have that problem with mages. If mages cast a hard hitting spell and I reflect it, it seems to hit them just as hard as it would've hit me.
12/07/2012 01:59 PMPosted by Raygar

Lol, i dont detter when he starts casting it, i tranq his buffs then deter .5 sec before the cast finish. I played warrior before mop.
12/07/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Verdash

Deterrence isn't damage reduction if the reflection/deflection mechanic applies.
It is applying, since it is preventing CB from hitting the hunter.
Therefore, the bug is that it isn't reflecting properly, as everything is working as described up until that point.

I think it doesnt reflect back to the lock but it does deflect so the hunter wont take damage. I might try it with my warr, still 83 but i can try spell reflecting that spell & see what happens. If it doesnt reflect back to lock then they should atleast change the tooltip so i just interupt it & not waste deter.
Chaos bolt does get reflected using deterrence. However, if you use deterrence when the chaos bolt is already in mid air, you will get hit. Not sure if bug or intended.
HERE IS HOW IT WORKS:

Reflects the chaos bolt, but DOESNT CRIT.

HERE IS HOW IT IS MENT TO WORK:

Reflects the chaos bolt, crits, and uses THERE spell power not OURS.
----------------------------------------------------------

Thats why it hits low numbers, unlike warriors who make it gain the original spell power, our reflect only uses our own spell power which is crap low. Also it can crit, it just uses our own crit unlike warriors who use the enemy crit.

This was because in BC, Hunters had more spell power when this ability was implemented and people QQd over it. They changed it, but never changed it back once cata hit.
12/07/2012 11:13 AMPosted by Razir
The downside to it is, 3 second hard cast gogogogo.

Like powershot, except powershot blows and can be sidestepped.

I believe the protection ignoring mechanic is no longer there for MoP. It also has never ever punched through immunity bubbles since TBC live(it did however in TBC beta). It should have been reflected.
It does reflect, I do it all the time. Maybe you're using deterrence too late? You have to use it before they finish the cast or it wont work.
12/07/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Nurb

same here

Yah know, I don't have that problem with mages. If mages cast a hard hitting spell and I reflect it, it seems to hit them just as hard as it would've hit me.

Warlocks typically have far more Health than Hunters, so you see less of a hit. Also, we almost always have Twilight Ward up which absorbs Shadow Damage.

Also, you can only reflect CB with Deterrence if you activate Det before the cast is finished. Once Chaos Bolt is in the Air, you cannot activate Det to reflect it. This is true of all spells.
12/08/2012 03:33 AMPosted by Lewdestt
It does reflect, I do it all the time. Maybe you're using deterrence too late? You have to use it before they finish the cast or it wont work.

I did, also i read reflect, & my hp didnt drop so i know i didnt get hit by CB. Gayadin pretty much explains why its not damaging them locks so much with CB. Ty btw.
12/07/2012 11:34 AMPosted by Razir
IIRC it should be going through

It does if your not glyphed into mirrored blades. Glyphed, even if the spell doesn't dmg the lock, it will reflect the chaos bolt (at least visually will) and not harm you one bit.