Green drake mount

General Discussion
12/08/2012 12:53 AMPosted by Macnessa
In one case, they had to take the blue mount and use it as a bribe to get people to do a certain 5-man (UP).

Actually it was Oculus, The blue Proto drops in UP.

But it would be nice to be able to ride all the dragon flights.
Okay
12/08/2012 01:10 AMPosted by Kaendra
In one case, they had to take the blue mount and use it as a bribe to get people to do a certain 5-man (UP).

Yes you're right, I got them confused. Bag in Oculus
Expect an emerald/green drake when the green flight is in the forefront of the story. Red drake from their faction, bronze drop from the caverns of time, blue/azure from the blue aspect, black from the obsidian shrine, etc.
My personal theory is that the emerald dream is going to play a big part in the next expansion.

I made a thread on this topic a few weeks ago and someone pointed out that drakes from a specific dragonflight don't show up in the game until that dragonflight plays a significant role in a raid tier. You would've thought that Ysera was a big enough deal in Cata, but I guess not.

12/08/2012 10:10 AMPosted by Macnessa

Blue Drake drops off Malygos in EoE now :)
Give me my Black War Clefthoof and you have a deal.

Do the Oracle questline, buy an egg every week (then later on every 3 days) for FOUR YEARS, watch it for a week/3 days to hatch and pray for the RNG Gods to give you one instead of punching yourself in the nuts with a handful of aged yolks again yourself.

FTFY, aside from the obvious already stated that it's not a Drake to begin with...
12/07/2012 06:52 PMPosted by Milkros
I'm still going on the assumption that it's being saved for that inevitable Emerald Dream patch/zone.

There will be no Emerald Dream expansion, patch, or zone. The Emerald Dream has been basically fixed. They handled it in a book.

It's too plain to be a raid mount.

Ultraxion dropped a drake mount that was a recolor of all the other drake mounts ever.

they had to take the blue mount and use it as a bribe to get people to do a certain 5-man (UP).

Pinnacle gave the blue proto and did so since launch. The blue drake was a bribe to get people to not leave OCCULUS groups as soon as they zoned in.

I will forever remember that because the only time I ever did a random wrath herioc on my DK that I hardly play (he's my mining alt) it was Oculus and I got the Drake. This was long before mounts went account wide.

12/08/2012 11:01 AMPosted by Lukar
Ultraxion dropped a drake mount that was a recolor of all the other drake mounts ever.

That mount looks like Gyth, Rend Blackhands mount in Blackrock Spire. Kinda sad we have a represenitive of the mutant Chromatic Dragonflight but not the Green Dragonflight.

It's too plain to be a raid mount.

That wasn't just a recolor. That was basically Gyth from all the way back in UBRS which people have been wanting as a mount since Wrath.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Gyth
12/08/2012 11:31 AMPosted by Phreska
That mount looks like Gyth, Rend Blackhands mount in Blackrock Spire. Kinda sad we have a represenitive of the mutant Chromatic Dragonflight but not the Green Dragonflight.

I always wanted a Gyth mount. Shame it's like a .0000000000000000000001% drop chance. Seriously, I know one person with that mount.

That wasn't just a recolor. That was basically Gyth from all the way back in UBRS which people have been wanting as a mount since Wrath.

I'm aware. My point was more in respect to someone saying that standard drake mounts shouldn't (or wouldn't) drop in raids.
There will be no Emerald Dream expansion, patch, or zone. The Emerald Dream has been basically fixed. They handled it in a book.

They've done a lot of stuff in books. Their effect on the game is generally cursory.
12/08/2012 11:34 AMPosted by Lukar
I always wanted a Gyth mount. Shame it's like a .0000000000000000000001% drop chance. Seriously, I know one person with that mount.

Now you know two.

I'd rather have a Green Drake though.
They've done a lot of stuff in books. Their effect on the game is generally cursory.

They also don't usually resolve major plot points in books, but they did with the Emerald Dream. The Nightmare is over, as any of the green flight will be happy to tell you.

12/08/2012 11:38 AMPosted by Taelen
Now you know two.

DAMN YOU!!!! *Shake fist* I had every mount from DS but that one.

At least I got my Lifebinder's Handmaiden. That I no longer use.

D:

That makes it my idea, and thus I get a Draketron first.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Chromatus

He was already made

Oh hey it's Tiamat!
12/08/2012 11:40 AMPosted by Lukar

They also don't usually resolve major plot points in books, but they did with the Emerald Dream. The Nightmare is over, as any of the green flight will be happy to tell you.

D:

Except for the supposed Old God in the Rift of Aln
DAMN YOU!!!! *Shake fist* I had every mount from DS but that one.

At least I got my Lifebinder's Handmaiden. That I no longer use.

D:

/sheepish

If it makes you feel better, it was the only thing I won that night. I got pugged into a guild's raid and took the mount.

I felt a little bad.
Why? Do you want to form a Drake Voltron?

Hmmm... that's a cool idea.

Whether it was your intention or not, I'm in.

I didn't realize how much I wanted Drake Voltron until now.
My only fear is it'll be some painfully rare drop, or some crazy retarded achievement like

"Kill <Boss> with the last 6 damaging attacks coming from the top 6 characters in the raid when sorted alphabetically with 12 adds at 50% hp and all players, from west coast to east coast, wearing alternating blue and green shirts, with the killing blow landing at exactly 8:07 pm CST. Killing blow must come from a race/class combo that is represented by less than 11% of the WoW population and must be an auto attack."

Challenge accepted.
I'm still going on the assumption that it's being saved for that inevitable Emerald Dream patch/zone.

Which was terrible. It was mentioned and alluded to as a big problem all over the place, then Cata came and they decided "well we wanna use the Cenarion Circle so lol it's fixed."

It could always be a Caverns of Time instance/raid/scenario/all of the above, though. Showing those of us who want our game storyline in the game exactly what happened and how it was fixed.