DK = worst pvp class, blizzard doesn't care

Death Knight
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
To throw in my .02....

With my current situation, I know I have some work to do on mine as I"m in Contender's gear atm, however, I'm more of a glorified node-guardian and flag bearer and that's it. I pretty much just CC as much as I can while trying to survive as much as I can. My aim was to be the anvil of the team.

With that being said and grinding on BG's I can say, that if caught flat-footed and put on the defensive, DK's go down like a cheap prom date. At least I'd expect a fighting chance, but it appears as some have already mentioned (and I agree), the other classes got some decent buffs which in comparison, just makes a DK pale in comparison.

Warriors seem pretty buff; I was charged-stunned spammed by a warrior which burned my get-out-of-stun-free cards (only 2 of them) and I was carved up pretty easily. There's nothing a DK can do to mitigate that. I've tried every trick i could think of using my war-stomp, D&D, CoI, etc to slow them down, but when glyphed, the warrior can spam that every 10 seconds instead of 20. At this point, you have to rely on your team-mates to bail you out of that situation, which is rather absurd in my opinion. I can accept certain degrees of class-match-up issues, but total domination? I think it's a bit much.

Secondly, I agree with most here that mobility is an issue and the defensive abilities are very limited when compared with other classes. I don't think anyone here is saying that we should be pure juggernauts, but I believe the pendulum has swung a bit too far with other classes, that's all. It's about the big picture that involves balance not what's the new flavor of the latest expansion, but sadly, that is how it appears.

I'll still play mine and I'll deal with it although I don't survive as long as I used to pre-expansion, however, I think the devs really need to look at roles hard for PVE and PVE with each and every class.

So, enough with my endless tangent here, but I'm not whining as I fully understand what's happening and this is just my "big-picture" look at things and not a knock to any other classes out there as I'm sure some really deserved their buffs and all.

Cheers to my fellow dark knight brothers (and sisters) in arms from Acherus!
12/08/2012 07:57 AMPosted by Ehr
(DeathKnights don't suck at pvp you just suck at pvping as a Deathknight there is a difference)

All these forum posts about DK PvP need to be more specific.

DK's are fine, if not good, in Battlegrounds.

DK's are bad in arenas except in the case of being paired with a Holy Paladin that keeps Blessing of Freedom up so our mobility is vastly improved.

It's not a L2Play issue when you've got DK Gladiators from past seasons explaining why DK's are under performing in Arenas right now.
Some advice for any of you struggling as a DK. Gem resil for arenas. I mean...if you want to live in general (aka have time to pop defensives) gem resil. Its a game changer. Aim for at least 64% resil or higher. Go blacksmithing and use resil gems in those slots. Rbgs you have 3-4 healers...pvp power is fine obviously.

Go blood pres when you feel pressure coming in arena via melee cleaves or just in general. A lot of dks can sit in blood pres all game in 3s against cleaves and still do top dmg by a good amount (Not howling blast spam) Use glyph of shifting prescence and get used to swapping. Unholy has great damage but has ramp up time. Arena teams WILL global your pet if they have a brain. There is a reason almost every dk is frost right now. Be VERY fast with trinket/ death pact etc.

Understand you can die in silences. Understand ANY class can die in one deep freeze. Play semi defensively if your at 50% or less because the state of the game means you can die in 3 globals at that point.

Play TSG and get carried by warriors (lol). In general...unless you are blowing up burst classes like warriors (making them play defensive) etc, hes going pop every cd in the game and likely global you. Play accordingly.

DONT ams randomly in 3s. Use defensive cds when the healers are CC;d If you waste 1 defensive you most likely just lost. Instant cc is absolutely rampant in the game right now. **Offensive cds require defensive cds** Thats just how it is.

Dks are not in the best spot, but....its not absolutely unplayable by any means.
God, the QQ... it's amazing.

DKs are not the best. That's the Warrior, Mage, Hunter, and Warlock's spot right now.

We aren't the worst. Rogues have it really bad, as do Ele Shamans.

I don't have alot of expeirence, but I've seen what people are taking about. I tear through clothies as if they were made of paper, but a Warrior will put me in my place every single time.

DKs could use *SOME* survivalibility buffs, but I think we're about balanced. We can hit like a truck, but fall apart if we get trained.

If they would bring the above OP classes in line with a few appropriate nerfs
Shadow your obviously a troll.
I am finding DW to be better, I top damage but i really don't care about that because its just aoe damage. I want to be able to take more then just a few hits, i would much rather give up some aoe damage for survivability.

Right now DW + Mastery seems to be better for me.

My spriest has much less pvp gear then my DK and I feel its has way more survivability then my DK.

Feedback is not QQ
DK is awful in arena. Straight up awful. Outdated abilities, terrible talent tree, an 87 ability that works once in a fortnight, and a blanket silence on gcd that has a 2 minute cooldown, requires you to face your off-target, & costs a rune.

I've spent all my time on 3.3.5 this season waiting for retail to get fixed, but nah. It's ok though. I understand that Blizzard caters to the majorities; those who will make them money; the 90% of pvpers who don't have any idea what they are doing.

btw

rogue>dk>monk

cheers

I actually gotta agree with this, soul reaper should at least be useable at 50% hp, yeah 35% is alot better than poor warriors 20% for executes which rarely if ever come around but chances are that if your lucky enough to even get soul reaper off at 35% they're either going to be dead before it goes off or a quick emergency heals just makes it useless.

DKs are not the best. That's the Warrior, Mage, Hunter, and Warlock's spot right now.

I don't have alot of expeirence, but I've seen what people are taking about. I tear through clothies as if they were made of paper, but a Warrior will put me in my place every single time.

DKs could use *SOME* survivalibility buffs, but I think we're about balanced. We can hit like a truck, but fall apart if we get trained.

Dear god where have you been all my life, that sums up our class completely

Right, and when have mages ever been nerfed in an xpac? You're smoking dope dude. Rogues and Monks are already on the buff list, so clearly no one is being brought down to our sad, pathetic level. Classes are only going up. We need to as well. Our mobility is garbage and our defense is laughable, not to mention the entire rune system is way outdated. Paladins got a total overhaul. Where's ours? Obviously the class needs major work. This whole "Well just nerf the other 70% of the WoW classes" argument won't fly.
It just seems like i dont even have a chance vs most classes, its simply not fun to pvp on a dk.
Hmmm maybe not doing better with DW :(

I think i may piss off my res gems and just go all out pvp power.... the res doesnt seem to be doing !@#$ for me.
12/10/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Conser
Right, and when have mages ever been nerfed in an xpac?

5.1?

they once again missed frost mages tho
seems pvp power was the better option... res gems didnt do !@#$ anyway.
12/10/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Conser
5.1?

Seriously? How did 5.1 halt any mage momentum at all? If anything. 5.1 only helped frost mages. Warriors can no longer silence them at range. The new trinket system gives them 1 minute global burst as opposed to 2. Frostbomb damage is still utterly ridiculous. Glyph of fire blast still works in PvP, when glyph of gag order doesn't. So, how again did mages get nerfed in 5.1?
I have nothing constructive to add to this thread other than I thought it was pretty entertaining, and I would just like to say, p3nis. Captain America forever.
Our damage is fine, actually its perfect really.
Gladiator Andry here to say DKs are top notch and roarin.