Speculation Fanlyr didn't cover anything.

Story Forum
I would have to disagree. Not only has the leader of the Reliquary expressed the hope of the blood elves and high elves reuniting but a number of reliquary lost their lives because Garrosh didn't mention that the ruins they were going to were full of Mogu.

Now I'm curious where did you see a member of the Reliquary use "the ends justify the means" approach?

When it comes to securing powerful magical artifacts they often can be. Artifacts like the Divine Bell for example. Im sure we will find out in the end. I havent seen anything yet to indicate that Fanlyr is part is part of the Sunreavers apart from the fact he is the one who tells us the sunreavers are risking their neutrality helping.

For that matter, what is a sunreaver doing leading a Reliquary force? What is a sunreaver doing playing proxy to Garrosh at all considering Aethas's verment dislike of Garrosh. How is his earlier aid not a betrayal of neutrality if the Dalaran thing is?

Guess we will have to wait for some final confirmation in the story.
12/07/2012 05:01 PMPosted by Kellick
Armour should consist of more than a loincloth, elbow and shoulder pads.

What if they're heirlooms?
Fanlyr actually yelled at Garrosh in the Korune Mogu ruins. Told Garrosh to 'stay his hand' before he killed the Mogu that Fanlyr and Lor'themar want to interrogate.

Garrosh did as Fanlyr said but then threatened Fanlyr afterwards.

Didn't get the impression from it that he was in Garrosh's pocket at that point.
I was mostly referring to Garrosh's lackeys when I mentioned the ends justifying the means. Maybe I need to see more of the story, but some Blood Elves seem to want Garrosh to have the Bell almost as much as he does.
12/07/2012 08:18 PMPosted by Gornur
Fanlyr Silverthorn is a level 90 blood elf first encountered on Pandaria. Though he spends much of his time directing members of the Horde and the Reliquary (at Garrosh Hellscream's personal behest), his later actions suggest he is a member of the Sunreavers, who (like Thalen Songweaver before him) is following the Warchief's direct orders.

Which is a funny description because there's nothing in the game remotely suggesting he's a Sunreaver.

If anything so far he's shown he's more beholden to Garrosh than Lor'themar.
Fanlyr Silverthorn is a level 90 blood elf first encountered on Pandaria. Though he spends much of his time directing members of the Horde and the Reliquary (at Garrosh Hellscream's personal behest), his later actions suggest he is a member of the Sunreavers, who (like Thalen Songweaver before him) is following the Warchief's direct orders.

Which is a funny description because there's nothing in the game remotely suggesting he's a Sunreaver.

If anything so far he's shown he's more beholden to Garrosh than Lor'themar.

When the Sunreaver portal from Domination Point is used to go to Darnassus Horde players meet up with Fanlyr. There's no sign of anyone else there besides Fanlyr and since portals do have someone maintaining them when they are used, it's that evidence that suggests he's a Sunreaver.
Spoilers: Tak-Tak is the fourth Old God.

No joke.
12/10/2012 01:37 PMPosted by Gornur
and since portals do have someone maintaining them when they are used,

You really shouldn't use that as evidence considering there' far more instances of non-maintained portals in the game than there are maintained ones.
12/10/2012 03:34 PMPosted by Seiryu
and since portals do have someone maintaining them when they are used,

You really shouldn't use that as evidence considering there' far more instances of non-maintained portals in the game than there are maintained ones.

To be honest I actually forgot about those portals when I made that post. In light of that I have to admit that Fanlyr may not be a member of the Sunreavers and that people assumed so because he was involved in the Darnassus Operation.

Out of curiosity what do you think about my theory of Fanlyr not covering the Horde's tracts during the Darnassus Operation?