The "Bosses left" message needs to come back

General Discussion
Can't speak for everyone, just myself. Also not sure why anyone would care what I do... but...

Before the change I bypassed a couple queues that weren't 0/3. After the change, the first I got was fine... 0/3. But on the second set I came in on the last boss. I dropped group and logged off. Done with LFR for the week.

I don't enjoy LFR enough to bother with multiple queues. I'll queue once and if I get the first boss see it through... I'll even stay through many wipes and people dropping and adding. I'm not afraid of wipes. I do my job, put in the effort and stay out of the fire. Look at my armory. I can 'raid'. And I don't mind sticking it out to the end of a raid.

But I'd rather do pet battles or paint my transmog toenails than queue LFR as many times as it might take to start at the beginning.

This week, before reset, I'll try again. If I luck into a 0/3 I'll play it out. If not, I'm out.

*shrug
12/08/2012 07:11 PMPosted by Maehara
Selfish and entitled people are very sad people.

We are no more 'selfish' than the people who leave. Their decision of leaving should not affect the way we play the game. I don't want to spend the next 40 minutes in queue to get a 2/3 raid, only to wait another 40 minutes to get a 1/3 raid, and then wait -another- 40 to get a 0/3 raid. It's not fair to us. If that's selfish, then I guess I'm a horrible, selfish person.

As for the 'entitled' part of your comment, I don't think you understand what that word means. Just because it has a popular use on the forums does not mean it has it's place here.

entitled past participle, past tense of en·ti·tle (Verb) Verb : Give (someone) a legal right or a just claim to receive or do something.

No one claimed we have a 'right' to a 0/3 queue. We are just saying that it is unfair. Furthermore, no one is saying 'give us the gear'. We're simply saying 'We'd like to work from a 0/3 raid to get the gear we want'. Deciding we don't agree with how the process works does not mean we're being entitled or sad.
So, what if, after the first boss you have 7 people leave. If everyone shared your mentality then you'd never get replacements and have to queue again or log out mad that people can bypass helping you finish your run. Selfish and entitled people are very sad people.

IMO, this change fixed something not broken and burdened me with the potential of multiple queues to wrap up something I didn't borderline care about to begin with. Thats ALL I was talking about in my post above. MY personal experience. Not yours... not the worlds.

And anyway, I always waited for new people to join and they eventually did. Have you EVER had an LFR fall completely apart? I've never seen it (not in Cata and not in MoP) and I do not know anyone personally who has seen a LFR completely empty and fail. They ALWAYS refill eventually - and faster than re-queueing.

Theres nothing 'entitled' or 'selfish' about my deciding to wait patiently for people to join and continue.

How dare you imply that I am either of those things.

I'll thank you to not address me any longer and stuff your sweeping generalizations where they belong.
12/08/2012 04:55 PMPosted by Daedros
But at your choice, taking away choices is never a good thing

You do have a choice don't use LFR that is your choice period. If you use the system you follow the rules. And in all honesty 30 minutes is not enough should be 2 hours for LFR and progressivly worce.
12/08/2012 07:26 PMPosted by Northernlite
You do have a choice don't use LFR that is your choice period. If you use the system you follow the rules

You'll make a fine prison guard when you get a little older. I have a friend from high school who does that now. Get him drunk and he happily talks about how he beats defenseless prisoners who look at him funny (actually he says they "broke the rules"). Grow up, sweetie and see the world is painted in shades of gray, not just black and white. After a while you might even start to see some color.
But if you knew which boss you wanted and got into the raid with that boss... would you immediately leave after you killed it or would you stay to finish the raid?
What should happen is that if you finish a 2/3 dungeon and queue again (say there's a timed buff to re-enter LFR) then you are put in the FRONT of the line for a FRESH dungeon.

I shouldn't have to spend hours upon hours in queue every week to finish 5 half hour dungeons just because a group can't kill Galaron. Most cases when I get another 2/3 - I just exit and take the debuff. I may consider asking to get kicked in the future.
its still there, i just saw it like 20Mins ago in Naxx.
I think the big question here is should people be allowed to know what there walking into? Weather you want to start from the beginning or jump in later, you should still be allowed to know what your getting into. I think its perfectly fair to say that the the "selfish" people are the ones that don't care if you don't want to be there as long as they get the raid done.
12/08/2012 04:36 PMPosted by Daedros
Yep, fantastic..... its wonderful having to redo something you've already done for no reward. If I only had one boss left to complete the instance why should I be forced to do the whole thing again instead of looking for one that was almost done? And why should I not have the choice to not join an instance that already killed the bosses I need, and on top of that, be forced to stay or take a debuff?

MMORPGs aren't just about personal gain, but about grouping up and helping others as well.

More News at 11!
Previously I did not hear "Pls kick me"

After this patch, I heard a lot "Pls kick me"

Did Bliz fix anything? No, nothing at all, but instead made it worse than before.
True, but getting forced into helping others so they stop crying isn't the answer.
"Helping" is supposed to be a choice.
12/08/2012 07:42 PMPosted by Dalkin
What should happen is that if you finish a 2/3 dungeon and queue again (say there's a timed buff to re-enter LFR) then you are put in the FRONT of the line for a FRESH dungeon.

As far as I know the system already does this, after getting a 2/3 or 2/4 I will ALWAYS get a 0/3 or 0/4 for the next queue

Someone was complaining about having to queue 3 times because he would get 2/3, then 1/3, then 0/3, but AFAIK that's not even possible

besides, people tend to get stuck mostly on garalon and tsulong, one time I got a 3/4 for sha of fear, I haven't seem queues waiting for any of the other bosses

I think the big question here is should people be allowed to know what there walking into? Weather you want to start from the beginning or jump in later, you should still be allowed to know what your getting into. I think its perfectly fair to say that the the "selfish" people are the ones that don't care if you don't want to be there as long as they get the raid done.

If people know which boss the raid is in, they'll just drop queue and requeue, and they'll keep doing it, even though there is no fresh runs available, and the non-fresh runs will keep clogging the system. So everyone ends up losing time

Hmm learn some LUA and it might be possible to mimic that feature-
Both- Ie a LFR emote about how you want the perfect PUG raid- as well as the one for showing bosses left-
You might even be able to have it show wich boss the LFR is at.

I think someone already did something like this, either it's not well known yet or blizz banned it or something