The Frozen Throne - Animated Wallpaper

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
After I posted the Illidan animated wallpaper, a large number of people requested a Lich King wallpaper that had the Frozen Throne in it. Without further adieu, I present the Frozen Throne, animated wallpaper:

http://youtu.be/xYwj0ms-1wU

- There are instructions on how to download and use the wallpaper in the video. Basically, you will need to have Dreamscene enabled in order to set a WMV file as your desktop wallpaper. Dreamscene comes installed on every Windows computer after XP, and is only enabled by default on the Ultimate versions of those operating systems.

- The video is made from taking a single frame render from the Wrath of the Lich King cinematic, and then separating out all of the elments, placing them into 3D space, and then adding multiple particle effects, glows, lights, and cloud details.

I hope that you all enjoy this! If you have feedback on the wallpaper, please share that with me!

Edit: Here is a side by side comparison between what I added and the original

http://www.paulwhipps.com/LK-Final_comparison.png

That's pretty far out. Well done.
12/09/2012 06:13 AMPosted by Girlsgonewow

Thank you. Your username is awesome!
12/09/2012 06:14 AMPosted by Tuskrat

Thank you. Your username is awesome!

ಠ◡ಠ
You my friend have skills. You doing animated wallpaper for each Expansion theme? This wallpaper would be cool as well

http://www.meodia.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/KilJaeden.jpg
wow, good job.

hopefully this one won't get taken down as well
Oh I love the frozen throne... be nice for a christmas wall paper...grins
You my friend have skills. You doing animated wallpaper for each Expansion theme? This wallpaper would be cool as well

http://www.meodia.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/KilJaeden.jpg

I like the way you think!
How much recourse will it take up to use your animated wallpaper? I don't want to lag out while playing wow cause of it :(
12/09/2012 02:33 PMPosted by Mistweavers
How much recourse will it take up to use your animated wallpaper? I don't want to lag out while playing wow cause of it :(

When you have an application that is full screen, or maximized, Dreamscene will pause the video and it will greatly reduce the amount of processor power that it consumes. I have an average computer these days, and I play WoW on medium settings at 30 fps. Dreamscene has no issues at all on my pc. Enjoy!
12/09/2012 02:35 PMPosted by Tuskrat

When you have an application that is full screen, or maximized, Dreamscene will pause the video and it will greatly reduce the amount of processor power that it consumes. I have an average computer these days, and I play WoW on medium settings at 30 fps. Dreamscene has no issues at all on my pc. Enjoy!
Orly? I will have to show this to my husband he will love it :D

Now then, let me know when you come out with a Ysera or Alexsrazda animated one ;)
12/09/2012 02:37 PMPosted by Mistweavers
Now then, let me know when you come out with a Ysera or Alexsrazda animated one ;)

:-O

I never thought of one of those! Do you have a piece of art that you had it mind?
12/09/2012 02:39 PMPosted by Tuskrat

:-O

I never thought of one of those! Do you have a piece of art that you had it mind?
Actually no I didn't but I love the new models they have done.

I feel put on the spot not and not prepared xD

According to Illidan, no one is prepared.

I killed him with one hand behind my back! He was to busy telling us we were all not prepared and not leveling xD

But there are some decent in game cinematic in Cataclysm with her.
Thank you very much for this contribution to your community I will be sure to use this desktop background !

Okay, I'm beginning to think you're a comedian or something. First the hilarious name, now this? Bravo.
I added the wall paper and now I am playing the song Invincible from the wrath soundtrack on loop. Looks nice on my 51 inch TV and 7.1 Surround tyvm.
This is awesome. I'm partial to the Illidan one because omg Illidan but I really like this one too!
12/09/2012 03:02 PMPosted by Mælstromedes
I added the wall paper and now I am playing the song Invincible from the wrath soundtrack on loop. Looks nice on my 51 inch TV and 7.1 Surround tyvm.

This is how I pictured you:

totalmedia.com/images/maninchair.jpg