Muerta the forsaken who uses holy spells

Story Forum
I'm curious behind the story of rare npc Muerta in Domination point. I was under the impression that forsaken and all undead for that matter suffer an intense burning like pain when they have holy energy (heal or damage) travel through them.

So my question is why does Muerta the Forsaken NPC cast chains of faith, Holy Bolt and wrath of the Light? These spells suggest that the light has manifested itself into an undead character which I thought was impossible with the exception of Sir Zeliek.

A blizzard clarification would be most appreciated.
Is she dressed like a Priest?

If she is, there's your answer. A Priest prays to the Light, a Paladin channels it.
It seemed based on her clothing that she looked more like a priest than a paladin. Lots of casts. Didn't have a two handed weapon or a shield.

Also if anyone is going to reference the q and a session a while back about forsaken and the light, here it is so there are no false quotes.

Q: When undead use or are healed by the Holy Light, does it cause them any actual damage or harm, or does it only cause them pain (in addition to the intended effects of the spell)?

A: Channeling the Light in any way, or receiving healing from the Light, only causes pain. Forsaken priests do not disintegrate or explode from channeling the Light for an extended period of time… though they may wish they would.

Q: Are there long-term effects on an undead who is in regular contact with the Holy Light in a positive way?

A: It is difficult to say, as there are no known records of undead wielding the Holy Light before the Third War. There are reports, however, that some Forsaken have slowly experienced a sharpening of their dulled senses of touch, smell, etc., as well as an increase in the flashes of positive emotions that have otherwise become so rare since their fall into undeath. Unfortunately, this may be the cause of the Forsaken priesthood's increased attempts at self-destruction; regaining these senses would force the priests to smell their own rotting flesh, taste the decay in their mouths and throats, and even feel the maggots burrowing within their bodies.

Link to Source:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2283549208
It seems that a forsaken that uses the light in combat is possible, it's just that it is extremely painful. To do it willingly constantly doesn't make sense.
Forsaken do indeed experience intense pain from using the Light. But that does not mean that a Forsaken of sufficent will can not use the Light.

It is almost certainly painful for Muerta to cast Holy spells.

As for why Muerta is choosing to cast Holy spells instead of Shadow, I'm not sure. Perhaps Muerta is simply more proficent in Holy magic and prefers to take the pain rather than use spells that she is not as skilled in?
A Priest, while it can be healed by the Light, it isn't channeling the Light through his/her body 24/7 like a Paladin would be. A lot of Priest spells are just Prayers and the like, giving the impression that they pray to the Light, and the Light answers with blessings, never actually coming in contact with them unless they use said blessing on themselves (And even then, something like a shield wouldn't presumably need to touch the Forsaken). Whereas a Paladin channels it through their body and directs it like a weapon.
There's a few weird things around MoP. Like, I thought Avatar was a stronger version of Stoneskin, yet orcs are using it.
12/09/2012 10:45 PMPosted by Ximothy
There's a few weird things around MoP. Like, I thought Avatar was a stronger version of Stoneskin, yet orcs are using it.

Well, Blizzard is kinda mixing in the "Prestige Classes" into the base classes we have now. Like, having anyone but an Orc use Bladestorm, or the Dark Rangers in Hillsbrad with animal companions, so on.
Im guessing that it's for gameplay mechanics more than anything else.

Still, would have been cool if she used shadow spells rather than holy

Or was a troll (as in the race, not the forum breed)
12/10/2012 11:21 PMPosted by Arieus
Still, would have been cool if she used shadow spells rather than holy

This would've been much better.

12/10/2012 11:21 PMPosted by Arieus
Or was a troll

I'd love if Priests got faction/race based graphics.
Humans, Dwarves, Blood Elves, Tauren and Draenei keep their current Light-based animations. Perhaps updated with new spell effects to keep them current.

Night Elves use a silvery light effect

Forsaken use shadow. Or perhaps "Twilight"

Trolls use... shadow?

Goblins and Gnomes use the bandage like effect with the health crosse and what not.
12/10/2012 11:38 PMPosted by Arieus
Humans, Dwarves, Blood Elves, Tauren and Draenei keep their current Light-based animations. Perhaps updated with new spell effects to keep them current.

I dunno about the Blood Elves and Tauren, they could use sun imagery.

Draenei could stand to have more crystalline looking stuff, or naaru symbols.

Goblins and Gnomes use the bandage like effect with the health crosse and what not.

Maybe something looking electric?
I'm curious behind the story of rare npc Muerta in Domination point. I was under the impression that forsaken and all undead for that matter suffer an intense burning like pain when they have holy energy (heal or damage) travel through them.

So my question is why does Muerta the Forsaken NPC cast chains of faith, Holy Bolt and wrath of the Light? These spells suggest that the light has manifested itself into an undead character which I thought was impossible with the exception of Sir Zeliek.

A blizzard clarification would be most appreciated.

As far as I knew Undead Priests or Light-weilders in general willingly suffer intense pain...because the sacrifice is worth the pain. They're healers. Through their pain they can save another person.
12/11/2012 02:49 PMPosted by Trollhamaren
As far as I knew Undead Priests or Light-weilders in general willingly suffer intense pain...because the sacrifice is worth the pain. They're healers. Through their pain they can save another person.

Its only forsaken/undead who suffer. To everyone else the Holy Light is a very calming/warming feeling.
12/11/2012 02:49 PMPosted by Trollhamaren

I haven't seen any undead who espouse this philosophy.
12/10/2012 11:45 PMPosted by Skytotem
Maybe something looking electric?

The power tools compel you!
12/11/2012 03:02 PMPosted by Vyrin

I haven't seen any undead who espouse this philosophy.

While it certainly has not been said in such explicit ways it is a logical assumption. It's also that they could be sadists and enjoy the pain but I doubt they would be a priest to do so.
12/11/2012 05:09 PMPosted by Tevinter
While it certainly has not been said in such explicit ways it is a logical assumption. It's also that they could be sadists and enjoy the pain but I doubt they would be a priest to do so.

No no no don't try to get into an actual debate with him I'm begging you.
12/11/2012 05:12 PMPosted by Skytotem

No no no don't try to get into an actual debate with him I'm begging you.

Im not trying to debate him over it. Merely explaining that it is one possible reason, it's also why I added the bit about sadists.
Trolls use... shadow?

Hey, we had Zabra Hexx.