A few Mistweaver QoL changes (pvp)

Monk
A blue post in a class forum.
On the monk forum.
Oh my.

I'm watching you, Wazowski. Always watching. Always.

So it's the wiggly Protoss that watches the Watchers. Hmm.
Happy to hear about the proposed 5.2 changes. I'd like to add the following to the mistweaver wish list:

[1] Either remove the positional requirements of Paralysis and Spear Hand Strike in PVP, or make them the same position--both frontal or rear, rather than one frontal and the other rear.

[2] Increase the range of a mistweaver's Jab, Tiger Palm and Blackout Kick to 10 yards through Teachings of the Monastery or Eminence, with a glyph that adds an additional 5-10 yards. (Alternately, you could make the mistweaver better able to withstand melee environments under PVP pressure.)

[3] Chi Torpedo, Rushing Jade Wind and Xuen are varying degrees of usefulness in PVP, but none is really that useful. I'd like to see the following:

>>>>Have Chi Torpedo healing be affected by spell power rather than be a static amount

>>>>Have Rushing Jade Wind be either a targeted AOE or a true AOE,and be affected by spell power

>>>>Fix Xuen's pathing/AI such that he does not break your own Paralysis with his AOE attacks and doesn't overshoot enemies he leaps at so bloody often; seriously, have you noticed how often he jumps to a target location seconds after that target has already moved away?

[4] Jab should cost no mana, even though it generates Chi---this is because in a competitive PVP environment, there is significant risk to a mistweaver placing himself in melee reach of a feral druid, rogue, warrior, etc. to generate Chi with Jab. The payoff (guaranteed Chi at the cost of lots of mana) is not worth the risk currently. (Alternately, you could make the mistweaver better able to withstand melee environments under PVP pressure.)

[5] Allow the mistweaver, either baseline or glyphed, to cast either Detox or Dampen Magic while feared, stunned, incapacitated, horrified, or confused.
Other minor quality of life changes I'd love to see:

Glyph of paralysis that removes dots. Every other CC that breaks on damage (warlock's succubus seduction, mage's polymorph, hunter's scatter shot and ice trap, rogue's blind) gets one.

Fix transcendence. Let the icon gray out when you're out of range so you know how far you can be. (Right now the hotkey icon will turn red, but it's tiny and hard to see, and unreliable because it won't always change color to notify you.) Have it give you a buff with a countdown timer so you know how long is left in the 15m time to use it. Have it not despawn when you move too far away. (These are all implemented with the parallel warlock ability.)

The 4 piece pvp set bonus, the silence protection upon using thunder focus tea, has a lag of nearly a second between using the cooldown and the silence protection taking effect rather than being instantaneous (as it seems to be intended to be).

Let crackling jade lightning interrupt flag caps in node maps (like Arathi Basin). As of now we're the only class without a ranged flag cap interrupt.

Allow us to /cancelaura on roll and chi torpedo so we can better position at targets. Right now we often have to roll past a target then walk back to it (while most other melee move abilities allow you to be right ontop of your target afterwards).

Xuen and chi torpedo and chi wave break CC, like paralysis. It would be great if they didn't. (Although the other two are somewhat avoidable by choosing when to use them, Xuen can't really be controlled that well. As a healer if I put him on target X and try to CC target Y, he'll often jump to target Y just long enough to break the CC on Y).

Remove the directional requirements for spear hand strike and paralysis to have to hit the front / back of a player respectively for best results.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say this isn't enough to fix Mistweaver pvp. Specifically I want some more CC. Spear Hand Strike (be in front), Paralysis (be behind), and TALENTED 5 yard stun that misses often isn't enough to be 2.2 viable. Look at resto druids. Compare us to them.

Also, this is a bit harder to balance. Our Renewing Mist is almost unusable in any form of pvp right now with a 20k mana cost for a dispellable, mediocre heal. Something needs fixed about this. Mana isn't free-flowing like it once was for us.

WW is viable, I don't think they need changes really except maybe a mastery buff. (Maybe add rising sun kick and skip tiger palm). If you nerf warrior and mage damage, WW will be very very solid. ATM it's hard for any melee because warriors are better than every melee class in every way.
QoL =/= balance

no surprise we gotta a blue on this while they continue to avoid the real issue:
monk is the DK all over again.
an ambitious new class that's impossible to balance without losing flavour.

sorry blue, but i'd rather you continue to stay outta the monk class forums if you're going to give us "this should keep them quiet for a bit" fixes...
save the WW's! make flying kick useful against people that lag, and make fire blossom actually hit people when you are facing them. I love how the monk class feels but it seems kind of off that I have to work so hard just to line myself up for my "monk charge" to work if you could make a glyph that lets you always go to the target on flying kick and take away the reduced movement it gives, (such as charge without a stun) i would be viable. then again i might just suck at it and need to learn i guess.
oh yeah and would it kill anybody (hopefully it will actually) if we could get at least 5 stacks of tigerbrew at the beginning oof arenas so we have somewhat of a burst? kk im done crying.
How about making fist weapons display on Monks without needing to pull them out for a brief second?

Some solid cc or a buff to para woudl be nice. Druids have cyclone/bash. Pally has repentance/stun/blinding ilght, Shaman have frog/stun totem, Priests has AOE fear/domination.

Druid - cyclone, pounce, mighty bash disorienting roar or Ursols vortex, entangling roots, hibernate, mass entanglement, typhoon, natures grasp

Paladin - hammer of justice, turn evil, blinding light. Bubbles & freedom, rebuke

Shaman - wind shear, frost shock, earth bind, grounding, tremor, capacitor totem, spirit link, hex, bind elemental (not really useful but still)

Monk - paralysis (must be behind target), spear hand strike, disable (basically useless because of charge roll and all the gap closers melee have. still worth something), leg sweep (5 yard range, TALENTED)

At first glance monks have the same length in characters of CC, but thats because I write alot :3. I love my monk and play although everyone wants a different healer.
Crackling Jade Lightning should interrupt flag caps, as well as every other monk damaging ability. I want this to include Xuen, but that's a stretch. Doesn't really make sense that our channeled moves don't interrupt.

Speaking of moves, I like the idea of nerfing fistweaving heals to do more damage and less healing. Resto druids have done back to back 97k wraths on my partners, from range obviously. Melee range, a VERY dangerous place for healers should be rewarding in terms of damage. If we're taking an immense risk to be offensive we should be rewarded in damage. Heck, our DPS isn't increased by pvp power, but it's reduced by their resil by 60%. And healing is nerfed in pvp by alot anyway from passives. And we only have 50% healing from pvp power as a healer. Buffing damage and leaving healing on the moves would be fine for us pvp'ers, but I can see the problem in pve that that would create.
No, monk is the opposite of the dk in the sense that the class as a whole is not OP. Keep in mind dks were essentially a pure pvp class, while we're hybrids. Frost back then wasn't used at all that I remember. WW is balanced, its just mages and warriors are OP. If you see them get nerfed, you'll see how good WW is. You don't see many because they were incredibly UP and thus very few are fully geared like every warrior is. Brewmaster is useless, but w/e. Mistweaver is getting there. Slowly.

Yeah I know QoL isn't balance, but the blue post scared me in the sense that he mentioned enough things that I could believe that's all they're planning for Mistweaver. We still need a large amount of "tweaks."
12/09/2012 11:58 PMPosted by Sugarmists
Renewing Mist should be able to be cast while mounted. Obviously, it should dismount you but right now we get the "Cannot use while mounted" error while trying to use it. Mainly a QoL change, but if priests can cast renew and druids can cast hots from their mounts, monks should be able to also.

easily accomplished with a /dismount macro
QoL =/= balance

no surprise we gotta a blue on this while they continue to avoid the real issue:
monk is the DK all over again.
an ambitious new class that's impossible to balance without losing flavour.

sorry blue, but i'd rather you continue to stay outta the monk class forums if you're going to give us "this should keep them quiet for a bit" fixes...

This is so cynical that I have to respond.

Could it be that Daxxarri had some information given to him and was looking for a thread to put it in?

I'm pretty sure he didn't share what some of the things that are in store for Monks in 5.2 just to shut us up. They have moderation powers for that.
Can we uh... just hotfix these to live please? Don't wanna wait for next season for these obvious changes. <3
>>>>Have Chi Torpedo healing be affected by spell power rather than be a static amount

>>>>Have Rushing Jade Wind be either a targeted AOE or a true AOE,and be affected by spell power

These both already scale with SP. Actually, technically, they scale with AP, but since AP = 2xSP for a Mistweaver, it amounts to the same.
Very true and it extensivly talked about in Mist's Thread on the Healing forums. What good is a mastery that relies on other people to be used properly. 1 time use light well mastery imo.

I agree. I don't care what parses say about its healing done, I hate the mechanics of it, and I hate the randomness of it. I want something dependable like every other healing spec has.

good so its not just me.