Account Wide Achievements- Disable?

Achievements
Does anyone know if there is a way that I can disable my account bound achievements or a way I can separate them without having to look up what I have for each and check who has what?

I enjoy farming achievements and its difficult to when you need a specific thing and another character already has it done. This is for reps etc as well or seeing if I have a certain quest line completed or not for items that are quest only.
There's no way to currently disable them and i don't see there ever being a way since this along with mounts/pets is one of the many things that blizz changes for the better or worse as the game evolves.
Interface > Display > Display Only Character Achievements to Others.

It doesn't seem to change it when you hit Y, but you could armory yourself I suppose.
I was hoping I could avoid that. Hmm too bad thanks tho
I would say use an addon like Altaholic. It tracks tons of stuff between alts such as guild banks, bags, currencies, and achievements. I love the addon personally, it wouldn't show you who has what on the achievement pane but if you open the addon there's a section that shows who has what and it's pretty easy to navigate.

Hope it helps.
i know this was started last year but in case it matters now you can click a drop down on the top of your achievements page and choose incomplete and it will show the ones you don't have done on that guy but they will still be lit up for other toons completing them
I love and hate the account wide achievements... I like being able to see what I have completed across all my characters, but at the same time, like the original poster said, I LOVE farming achievements... When pressing "Y" it is just too awkward and difficult to see what my current character has done, or how far along she is... For example, Got My Mind on My Money - or whatever that achievement is called - if I press "Track" (Which used to show 5/100 for example), it now just says the achievement name on the side... I want to know how far I have left to go, not whether its completed or not... /sigh. Rant over - Just hoping Blizz will add an option to disable account wide achievements in a patch for those of us who don't like it so much.
Yeah I agree. I def. want to see what achievements my current character has or doesnt have yet.

A big problem is not just that you see achievements completed/incomplete for all characters and it makes it clumsy on the "Y" window - BUT, the worst part is now certain achievements are only being tracked ONCE! Such as the collecting lore books, /love different pets, collecting companions or tabards and many many others are all SHARED. So if you complete it on one character, theres no way to track it or get it again on another character!!! Then of course, theres the shared mounts and pets.

Seriously, does Blizzard always listen to the rushers? They have to realize that many players DO NOT level-rush 1-90 just to feel special about a max level character that hardly did anything to get there. Or people who create 20 + alts and then cry about not wanting to do the achievements on all characters!(its their fault for creating so many characters - they can not do achievements or take the time to earn them on each)

I understand why Blizzard made the changes, same with lowering the level for getting mounts or specs and so on. But the truth is millions of us enjoy EARNING things and view each of our characters as separate adventures! I know I'm not the only player who refuses to use items that grant XP bonuses or that doesnt share gold between characters. WHen I start a new character, I pretend I dont have any others so I can enjoy the game as it was intended. I dont play an mmorpg(RPG being the key here) to just rush my way through it.

Having a bunch of achievements, mounts and pets on my character SUCKS when i didnt earn any of them. I want to gain reputations over time. i want to explore and get achievements over time. I want to find cool mounts and pets to earn. EARN is the key lol. I dont want to be spoonfed things and just handed stuff that I never worked towards or earned at all. It takes all the fun out of it!

And the worst one???

If you have a character that has explored all the areas of a zone (gaining experience as they did it) your new character WILL NOT gain xp - because there is nothing for them to discover! All zones are already explored and the map is already clear! Even the fracking flightpaths are all unlocked!!! I HATE THIS SOOO MUCH!!!

Seriously Blizzard- making things easier is one thing, but making it so we have less to do is HORRIBLE! People want to explore and find things and unlock things. While the "vocal minority" may want to get to endgame ASAP and skip everything inbetween, the MAJORITY of REAL players want to earn things and discover things and play WOW the mmoRPG, not WOW the mmo game where you get everything handed to you.

It will never change, so ill have to look into addons. Things like this make me HATE that I have more than one character because it essentially RUINS that character. I dont want to start a fresh character with 20% of the achievements complete, all fps and zones unlocked/discovered and dozens of mounts and pets I didnt even earn!!! It really sucks sucks sucks :(
03/16/2014 12:10 PMPosted by Xaosdark
If you have a character that has explored all the areas of a zone (gaining experience as they did it) your new character WILL NOT gain xp - because there is nothing for them to discover! All zones are already explored and the map is already clear! Even the fracking flightpaths are all unlocked!!! I HATE THIS SOOO MUCH!!!

That... actually... doesn't happen....

Also, a 7 month thread necro?