Error #2

Technical Support
Got booted from Velen server just now and that is the message I got trying to re-log.
Never seen it before- what gives?
i just got the same thing in coilfang booted then error #2 when trying to log back in. not the first time i have seen it. 2nd since MoP came out
I am having this ever since updating to the newest patch, and have tried the older issues' regards to this, but didn't work. I can connect to other games just fine.
Qirayha

I had your authenticator and account reset from our end. Try again and let me know what happens.
Nope, didn't work. I ran the tracert, and it won't connect after the 12th loop.

I do have McAfee Firewall up, and had it up the last time I played normally though.
my trace route stops at 18th loop
also i have tried disabling all software firewalls and connectiong directly to my modem. No luck.
Power cycled modem and router. No change. Released and renewed my IP. no change. Plz fix.
I deleted both battlenet folder and updates, to reupdate them, yesterday, and that didn't work.
Qirayha

McAfee could be interfering. If you are willing to try, I would uninstall it temporarily. To uninstall McAfee properly, you'll want to use the McAfee removal tool.

Download and run MCPR.exe

1. Download the removal tool from: http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe
2. Click Save and save the file to a folder on your computer.
3. Navigate to the folder where the file was saved.
4. Make sure all McAfee windows are closed.
5. Double-click MCPR.exe to run the removal tool.

NOTE: Windows Vista and 7 users must right-click MCPR.exe and select Run as Administrator.

6. Restart your computer after receiving the message CleanUp Successful.
Your McAfee product will not be fully removed until the system is restarted.

Let me know what happens
Qirayha

These can sometimes be caused by malware. Try running a full scan with Malwarebytes' Free version. You can download it here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/

It is also happening to me on other web sites however and with both of my computers. For me I think it's my internet. DSL light is solid and not blinking. It can't see to grab or hang onto a signal. Last time this happened I was told the line was overloaded -> too many people accessing the internet and not enough lines or servers to handle the traffic.

I am having trouble working too as my data pages are taking up to 10 minutes to load. (Different site.) Finally got this page up, but who knows? lol

I have run diagnostics on my computer and modem and they come out fine.

Too many people with new games on the internet?

I was on the game today fine until around 3:15 or so PST, then lost connection and haven't been able to load much on game or off game since then. :(

It's just not in the stars for me to complete ShadowFang Keep. lol
Did the malware run right after I turned it all off, to make sure I wasn't opening myself up too much. Nothing detected.
Running Charter's top speed cable. Shouldn't be overloading of signal, especially when I run other video games just fine, namely some other MMOs, just to show that I don't think it is line overage.
Just to bump.
Qirayha

Have you tried power cycling the connection?

Here's how to power cycle:

1. Turn off all computers on the network
2. Unplug the power from the modem and the router (if applicable)
3. Wait about 1-2 minutes
4. Plug in the modem first and wait for it to completely boot up
5. If there was a router, plug the power back in and wait for it to completely boot up
6. Turn on the computers and try the game out

If that doesn't work try flushing the DNS: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/ip-release-renew-and-flush-dns

Let me know what happens.
Qirayha

Another program may be interfering. Try running a selective startup to get around this. Please be aware that running while in this mode can potentially disable any security programs you may have running.

Hold the Windows key on your keyboard and press the letter 'R'. In the Run field type "msconfig" and hit Enter.
In the General tab:

1. Choose Selective Startup
2. Disable (uncheck) Load startup items
3. Click OK and Reboot

To undo selective startup, just recheck Load startup items.

Also, to note, it seems Diablo 3 works fine as well.