about the terrace unlock requirement

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
I havent seen a guild selling one, It would probably be a unique sale based on the guild you can find to carry you.
I probably wouldn't pay more then 50k. Because its not like I would be a burdan I do like 80-90k dps single target. It would be really easy for a guild to sit someone who didn't need anything from it. I fought that boss in pugs a lot too, usually pugs have problems with the adds/making the traps. Its always 1 or 2 people who don't know what they are doing.
Difficulty probably wasn't designed to be ascending (Stone Guard is more difficult than some other MSV fights, yet it's first...),

HAH

HAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

well at least for normals, feng is a joke, he's just a punching bag for a few minutes

at least stone guard keeps me awake somewhat
12/10/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Zumi
I probably wouldn't pay more then 50k.

I'm pretty sure people would take you up on that offer, the fight is easily 9 mannable even if you weren't pulling your weight it would still be fine.
We charge 100k for 10m guilds and 250k for 25m guilds

aka 10k a head
How much do guilds usually charge for a empresses kill?

I might spam trade to buy one, cause missing out on a whole raid every week is annoying.

How is it missing on a raid when you still have stuff to kill in HoF?

I don't get it. You killed Garalon, rest is pretty much a joke after that.
12/10/2012 06:17 PMPosted by Liax
Difficulty probably wasn't designed to be ascending (Stone Guard is more difficult than some other MSV fights, yet it's first...),

HAH

HAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'd say Stone Guard is harder than Spirit Kings.

You're unlikely to one-shot Stone Guard just because the tanks have to learn what to do, but if you've been awake in LFR Spirit Kings can easily done the first time.

But boss difficulty has never gone from Easiest-->Hardest in a tier.
12/10/2012 10:40 PMPosted by Kalorea
Love people who can't even zone into Terrace yet calling hardmode protector "charity" gear.

I have downed "elite" mode protectors but haven't finished hall of fear yet personally.

Yes it is charity gear. What now?

The 'charity' in question is your guild carrying you.
12/10/2012 11:07 PMPosted by Tarski
You're unlikely to one-shot Stone Guard just because the tanks have to learn what to do, but if you've been awake in LFR Spirit Kings can easily done the first time.

Think it's more the fact LFR Spirit Kings retains all it's mechanics, while Stone guards... is a trash pull

12/10/2012 10:01 PMPosted by Karuzo
I don't get it. You killed Garalon, rest is pretty much a joke after that.

Impatience prolly, everyone wants it NOW today.
12/10/2012 11:30 PMPosted by Postonforums

Think it's more the fact LFR Spirit Kings retains all it's mechanics, while Stone guards... is a trash pull
Even without LFR training on Spirit Kings, it's a bunch of old mechanics that aren't tuned especially heavily. A poorly timed taunt on Stone Guard can lead to an unabsorbed explosion, and chances are you'll get a few of those while learning the fight. There's nothing similar on Spirit Kings.

I'll bet that even before Spirit Kings LFR was out, groups wiped less to it than they did learning Stone Guard.
12/10/2012 11:36 PMPosted by Tarski
I'll bet that even before Spirit Kings LFR was out, groups wiped less to it than they did learning Stone Guard.

This is definitely true, boss difficult isn't always linear, in fact it's about 50/50

BWL; Broodlord was the easiest boss, Razorgore was actually somewhat difficult
Naxx; Grobulous was the easier boss, Patchwerk was very tough compared
Kara; Attunemen
SSC; Lurker Below was much easier than Hydross, and no farming resist gear required
TK; Void Reaver was known as loot reaver, A'lar was the first boss.
BT; Akama was so much easier than Najentus, granted Najentus wasnt hard
Sunwell; Kalecgos
Ulduar; Tossup here, there were a handful of encounters that was pretty easy, I think Razorscale was easier than FL, but that whole normal mode vs hardmode started skewing here.
TOC; You face Jaraxus, Epic Loot Pinata of the burning Legion.
ICC; Gunship
BWD; Magmaw
TTFW; Ya... those 3 dudes
BOT; Halfass, so all of tier 11 had opening easy fights
Firelands; Shannox, but he wasn't the clearcut opener, many did Beth or Rhyolith first.
Dragonsoul, Morchok
MSV; Spirit Kings
HOF; Blade Lord was the free kill 1 shot boss
Terrace; Elite Mode Protectors, lol

I mean, looking through the list, it seems about 50/50 on where the easiest boss was in instances, all of Cataclysm had the first boss be easy, while the trend seems to have changed in tier 14.
Chess was even easier than Attumen (and Ebonroc was perhaps easier than Broodlord).

Biggest step down in difficulty was from Kael to Rage.
Chess was even easier than Attumen (and Ebonroc was perhaps easier than Broodlord).

Biggest step down in difficulty was from Kael to Rage.

I forgot Hyjal, thanks.

Chess and Attumen, that would be a fun debate, both were silly easy one shots, I don't know how I'd compare either, but chess was a different fight in every aspect, as it's the only fight that's had 0 scaling from any gear ever.

Ebonroc, perhaps, I don't actually remember wiping to ebonroc, I remember killing him 4x over when our tanks sucked at taunting off the curse, I will give you this point for sure if the supressor room is included as part of broodlord, which it really had to be.

I forgot Hyjal, thanks.
Lucky you, wish I could.
If it's "lore" then why doesn't LFR Empress unlock Normal Toes...?
o_O

Lol? LFR Empress unlocks LFR ToES...Does it not?
12/10/2012 05:28 PMPosted by Postonforums
I havent seen a guild selling one, It would probably be a unique sale based on the guild you can find to carry you.

Proudmoore had a dps slot for sale for quite a while, we did not take advantage of it but we did talk about it.

WL; Broodlord was the easiest boss, Razorgore was actually somewhat difficult
Naxx; Grobulous was the easier boss, Patchwerk was very tough compared
Kara; Attunemen
SSC; Lurker Below was much easier than Hydross, and no farming resist gear required
TK; Void Reaver was known as loot reaver, A'lar was the first boss.
BT; Akama was so much easier than Najentus, granted Najentus wasnt hard
Sunwell; Kalecgos
Ulduar; Tossup here, there were a handful of encounters that was pretty easy, I think Razorscale was easier

Broodlord blessing of salv, It was a lot closer horde side.
Lurker below you could walk too without killing a boss
Void reaver you could walk to without out killing a boss.
The guy opposite Razorscale was pretty hard till he got nerfed. But again any boss where you can walk to them without being forced to kill each boss in sequence don't really count.

Instances where their are a under done boss, akama, boat,spirit kings are fairly common, bosses where the last boss /end wing boss are not a step up from what came before are less common, Is garalon the hardest encounter of this tier in 10 normal? It certainly took the longest for us too kill. Not really I guess but it was the biggest dps check, it was hard like patchwork was hard.

Oh well overall this normal tier was great, perhaps I am just being too picky.