"Failed to read a required file"

Technical Support
Like many other people I'm having log-in issues. I've deleted the battle.net folder, booted up via installation folder and now I'm getting this message. I should also note I'm not running any other programs and I have disabled my anti-virus/firewall. (also running as administrator)

Help...
Its not just you its this small update patch they did -__- and can't seem to run my wow also
bumping for halp...
12/10/2012 10:30 AMPosted by Amerika
bumping for halp...
12/10/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Amerika
I have disabled my anti-virus/firewall.

What anti-virus or firewall do you have, Amerika?
Bump for knowledge and so people can do their dailies! :)
2 hours later still having the same problem...
12/10/2012 10:30 AMPosted by Amerika
bumping for halp...
3 hours later still having the same problem...
12/10/2012 11:19 AMPosted by Amerika
AVG

Would you be able to run AVG's uninstall utility, just as a test? You can reinstall AVG later.
I'm also having the same problem. I've been combing through older posts about this and following the instructions, but none of them have worked. The error message in c:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\Agent.1040\Logs reads:

22:37:29.0909 Patch Application Initialization - Failed to open archive 'C:/Program Files (x86)/World of Warcraft/Datawow-update-base-16016.MPQ'

I'm obviously a layman, so this is probably an inconsequential observation, but it seems to me that there should be a slash between Data and "wow-update-base-16016.MPQ" -- whereas there currently is none. Not sure if that has any bearing on the problem, though.
I also am having this problem and the only real software I have is Windows Firewall.
12/10/2012 02:26 PMPosted by Velnrak
AVG

Would you be able to run [url="http://www.avg.com/ww-en/utilities.tpl-auth"]AVG's uninstall utility[/url], just as a test? You can reinstall AVG later.

Uninstalled, restarted computer and did the same steps as previously stated. Still the same problem :(
Let's try these steps:

1) Verify that the Secondary Logon Service is running.
2) Check the proxy settings and verify that Internet Explorer is not in offline mode.

Secondary Logon Service running, IE not in offline mode.

Security solution: Trend Micro.
Cowshoes, just as a test, I would uninstall Trend Micro with their removal tool.