disc forging

Priest
How does everyone forge now as disc? I've only had mists a few weeks and remember in cata it was like 80% mastery. right now i'm forging mastery > haste > crit. crit has always been a good and arguable stat to forge into as disc and i'd imagine alot of priests are forging into it more so now. what has everyone found currently effective?
PvP or PvE?
For PvP, I reforge Crit > Mastery > haste, because mastery is more throughput but I literally never die with proper positioning and LoS anyway. Crit heals help out occassionally... but that's just me I like RNG as healing...

the "correct" way to reforge for PvP is

Mastery > Crit > haste.
pve forging. i'd imagine it's still mastery more or less
For PvE I'm currently trying Crit > Mastery > Haste this week. I was Mastery stacked up until now, but I thought I'd give Crit a try to better complement the DA buff.
For PvE there are two trains to ride on

Mastery: Tank heals
Crit: Raid heals using bubbles as a "oh noes" to hold someone till you can pop a heal on them

I was mastery before and went with the crit priority and am very happy with it ( till they change and mess with us once again)

We still don't compare to all the other healers and are at bottom of WoL raid lists for healers
Even tank heal I'd go crit, if you're healing the focusing the tank that means is taking lots of damage, either sustained or spiky, which make crit very interesting.

I'm not quite sure I understand why you say that raid heal crit is better (I still think it is, I just don't get what you mean). Since PoH doesn't benefit all that much from crit since they removed double dipping.

Now that spirit shell take full advantage of crit, there really doesn't seems to be a reason to get mastery, since ideally you wanna cast bubble only every 15 sec for the mana regen (if you raid with a shaman, I recommend going easy on the spirit and getting good at popping rapture with mana tide totem, it's like 80K mana back every 3 min)
Mastery > int > crit > haste. Mastery is way too powerful now because it scales even better than int. It benefits SS, it benefits PWS, it benefits PoH/aegis. Crit benefits SS but not double dipping PoH/aegis.

Spirit to whatever you're comfortable with.
Disc priests in PvE should be prioritizing mastery. You should be relying heavily on Prayer of Healing and mastery is a clearcut winner for PoH. Mastery and crit do not have the same conversion rate. If you reforge 1% crit in to the equivalent of mastery, you will gain 2.5% mastery. So, even though spirit shell does benefit from crit, it will scale much more efficiently with mastery. Outside of special fringe cases, the vast majority of players would only be making their lives more difficult by prioritizing crit over mastery.

Edit:
12/12/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Bellamia
We still don't compare to all the other healers and are at bottom of WoL raid lists for healers

Perhaps you should look at WoL again.
@OP

I've also been experimenting with crit > mastery > haste for pve recently

I'm surprised, it works much better than I anticipated for bubble heavy healing.
Although I do feel that: Master > haste > crit is better overall for AoE bubble heals.

For giggles, I'm trying atonement heavy healing right now and dropped a chunk of spirit since it's much more mana efficient. If I was surprised before, I'm stunned now. I need to try it out more in normal raiding, but it looks promising. Next I need to try Crit > haste > mastery along with a little bit more spirit to compensate for the additional haste. (I need a new gear set to do this though)

I'm doing this because my guild typically needs a "little" more dps. So if this ends up being a reasonable amount of heals, well then why not? lol. My 30k(ish) dps combined with our warrior tank's 36kish dps adds up.

(I'm in a casual, 10-man raiding guild. Not currently pushing hard modes or anything so take this as you will)

p.s. I know it doesn't say much, but I haven't been out healed atonement healing in a LFR yet... I'm quite far ahead in fact. I've also out dpsed several actual dps in there (again this isn't saying much but it's funny ) =)

Good luck!
For pve mastery is king, I foresee a mastery nerf for us at sometime.
3039 haste>mastery>haste>crit
The haste is for an extra tick on renew. It's a plus when you PoH spam for spirit shell/divine aegis. Spirit should be whatever you are comfortable using. I do recommend using mindbender though. I personally stack High spirit since rapture is based off it.
If it isn't obvious by my gear, I'm advocating Spirit>Mastery on everything. I avoid haste until hitting the rapture mana return softcap and then raise 1 haste per point of spirit after.

Next tier, we should have enough secondary stats to start mastery gemming. I'll jump on the haste softcaps for the extra lightspring tick, but not for renew. Just a personal preference.

I wrote more in depth and had other smart posters showing their math starting around this post: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794980143?page=13#243
The haste is for an extra tick on renew. It's a plus when you PoH spam for spirit shell/divine aegis. Spirit should be whatever you are comfortable using. I do recommend using mindbender though. I personally stack High spirit since rapture is based off it.

Renew is a spell you should never be casting as disc. I don't know what the haste breakpoint is for an extra group getting spirit shelled while PoH spamming- I can usually get 6-7 casts off, maybe 8 with power infusion and/or bloodlust/heroism. But mastery will be much better in any case.

Renew is a spell you should never be casting as disc. I don't know what the haste breakpoint is for an extra group getting spirit shelled while PoH spamming- I can usually get 6-7 casts off, maybe 8 with power infusion and/or bloodlust/heroism. But mastery will be much better in any case.

Um actually renew should be used when PoM is on cooldown on your tank when he has the debuff weakened soul. Doing so raises your healing by ~5%. It gets improved effects off of grace as well. Renew is way more viable then it used to be in cata. Low mana cost, Instant Cast (can be cast on the move!!), Heals for the same amount as heal w/o the cast time. Renew is a viable spell for disc priests. Sure YOU don't have to use it but, it does help some. If you don't plan on using renew it would be mastery>haste>crit.

Um actually renew should be used when PoM is on cooldown on your tank when he has the debuff weakened soul. Doing so raises your healing by ~5%. It gets improved effects off of grace as well. Renew is way more viable then it used to be in cata. Low mana cost, Instant Cast (can be cast on the move!!), Heals for the same amount as heal w/o the cast time. Renew is a viable spell for disc priests. Sure YOU don't have to use it but, it does help some. If you don't plan on using renew it would be mastery>haste>crit.

The DA alone from a Prayer of Healing will do more effective healing faster and more mana efficiently than spending that GCD on a renew would even if the renew were 100% effective. It's not going to be 100% effective, and we're already assuming 100% overheal on the PoH. If the tank is the only one taking damage, they're full health, have weakened soul, and Prayer of Mending is on CD, sure, toss a renew on them, but 99.9% of the time you have something better you could be spending that GCD on and it's certainly not worth gearing for.