Allow fists of fury to be cast while moving.

Monk
Would fix a lot of pvp issues with this. Just had someone get clipped by it, get the initial stun, then was out of range for the rest of the ticks.
Would be nice in PvE as well, many times I've had it mis fire in both situations, then again I've only been 90 for about a week and haven't PvP'd much, but it's mostly poor timing on my part. Still moving FoF would be sweet.
This has been brought up over and over. While yes it would help, do you realize how retarded you would look running around fanning your arms around?

I'd rather they just boost it to make it worth casting for more than just trying to pool some energy back.

Making it stop splitting damage or at least not splitting as much as it does now would'nt hurt either.
This has been brought up over and over. While yes it would help, do you realize how retarded you would look running around fanning your arms around?

This coming from an oversized white alien with tenticals as a beard, all while wearing a chinese helm.

Anyway.. yes this would help a lot of things. My biggest problem is running with newbi tanks, hitting fof just as the tank decides he likes standing 10 yards out of my fof would be a better place to tank....sigh
Sir i will ask you to turn down your Gamma, I am blue..not white.

*waggle*
I'm pretty used to using it stationary, and kinda like it. I don't know if I could keep a straight face seeing a monk running around flailing his arms while jumping like a madman.
12/12/2012 07:27 PMPosted by Jujukazoo
I'm pretty used to using it stationary, and kinda like it. I don't know if I could keep a straight face seeing a monk running around flailing his arms while jumping like a madman.

i still think that adding in a glyph that changes its mechanics to something more like

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/monk/active/sevensided-strike

in order to make it usable on the move. would stick to your target killspreeish.

and hey WW need more glyphs anyway. there's like 0 choice atm.
would still do 5 hits liek it currently does and still aoe stun / split dmg around the target... would just need a target to be cast on for it to stick to.
Also needs some atatatatatatatata.
I only pvp, so that's my pov, take it with a grain of salt.

I would rather this did not happen for a couple reasons.

1) I believe it is a very powerful pvp weapon; offensively, arguably our most powerful. Making it usable while moving without changing anything else, might cause it to be nerfed in the future. And of course, nerfs don't happen by taking away the change, but by making it worse in some other way. Its just the way Blizzard does thing, i can site numerous examples. Perhaps they don't like to admit they made a mistake, perhaps they actually think they are doing what people want, but whatever, they don't go backwards, they only nerf in other ways. Its ridiculous, but thats the way it is.

2) In pvp, with the glove bonus, its perfectly fine. It takes some set up, making sure they are snared or rooted before using, or two or more targets are in range, but it works, and it works really well. I do not mean to say making it usable while moving wouldn't make it better, it would be better by leaps and bounds, but its already crazy powerful (see above), and we have other areas that are in serious need of work (ability to get on a highly mobile target in an, at least mildly, reliable way, and SOMETHING we can do during a stun/fear, at least once in a while). I am afraid a change like this might create a "deficit" in our "pvp total worth" that would take away from that.

If they made it a glyph that took away the stun but allowed it to be used while moving for pve choice, I think that would be a good change, at least from my pvp point of view.
12/13/2012 11:17 PMPosted by Chunliqt
If they made it a glyph that took away the stun but allowed it to be used while moving for pve choice, I think that would be a good change, at least from my pvp point of view.
It'd still look rediculous.. but I agree.. It'd help a ton with fights like the first boss of HoF where I can't use it AT ALL during attenuation.
I only pvp, so that's my pov, take it with a grain of salt.

I would rather this did not happen for a couple reasons.

1) I believe it is a very powerful pvp weapon; offensively, arguably our most powerful. Making it usable while moving without changing anything else, might cause it to be nerfed in the future. And of course, nerfs don't happen by taking away the change, but by making it worse in some other way. Its just the way Blizzard does thing, i can site numerous examples. Perhaps they don't like to admit they made a mistake, perhaps they actually think they are doing what people want, but whatever, they don't go backwards, they only nerf in other ways. Its ridiculous, but thats the way it is.

2) In pvp, with the glove bonus, its perfectly fine. It takes some set up, making sure they are snared or rooted before using, or two or more targets are in range, but it works, and it works really well. I do not mean to say making it usable while moving wouldn't make it better, it would be better by leaps and bounds, but its already crazy powerful (see above), and we have other areas that are in serious need of work (ability to get on a highly mobile target in an, at least mildly, reliable way, and SOMETHING we can do during a stun/fear, at least once in a while). I am afraid a change like this might create a "deficit" in our "pvp total worth" that would take away from that.

You have no experience in PvP arenas or RBGs, where in the world did you get it in your head that something so easily jumped away from is strong? Anyone that jumps over a bit can completely avoid the damage that costs 3 Chi.
12/12/2012 12:30 PMPosted by Verjeh
This coming from an oversized white alien with tenticals as a beard, all while wearing a chinese helm.

LOL
I could care less about FoF but I would love to see a cleave on Rising Sun Kick.
12/14/2012 10:29 AMPosted by Xiangyu
You have no experience in PvP arenas or RBGs, where in the world did you get it in your head that something so easily jumped away from is strong? Anyone that jumps over a bit can completely avoid the damage that costs 3 Chi.

You realize you can spin around while casting this right, creating an 8 yrd cone of stunnage, turned into an 8 yrd radius of pure ownage? You realize it applies the stun every tick? All they need to do is be within 8 yrds for less than half a second and it will keep them in it, even if they trinket (unless they are on the very edge when you do it, and if they are, its your own fault).

I have my own reasons for not taking my monk into RBGs or arena. That is not the only, nor the definitive source of pvp, especially with regard to understanding the mechanics of abilities. The experiential source I draw from to make my conclusions is having 10 days played on my monk, 8-9 of those spent in bgs. Thats over 200 hours of experience. I'd say that is sufficient to provide a meaningful analysis of a single ability I use constantly.

As to your actual question, even if rudely put (hey, its the internet), I ALWAYS, make sure they are snared or rooted before popping it. It makes it trivial to keep them in range (with the pvp bonus). When that is not possible due to immunity, i have several ways of making sure they are in range, which I will be happy to elaborate on if you wish. I also have very low latency (~60ms total), which I am sure helps, but it helps in any game, so meh.
12/12/2012 07:27 PMPosted by Jujukazoo

haha..this is funny
The experiential source I draw from to make my conclusions is having 10 days played on my monk, 8-9 of those spent in bgs. Thats over 200 hours of experience.

BGs mean nothing, I went 21-2 the other WSG but it doesnt matter when you get down to arena. Competitive PvP, where people know how to press buttons. Know how to DPS, Know how to avoid a massive long channelled ability that requires the target to be standing still. Try having over 300 hours of WW Arena Experience then you tell me if you think Fists of Fury isn't weak.

But here is the thing, a lot of things are weak in WW pvp. And I agree that FoF while not OP isn't the worst ability either, and if the monk plays well it can be landed most if not every time. I also agree that this is not the major concern for WW monks. Serious looks into ZM, Breaking of roots and defensive's in CC or stun. Also changes need to be made to make our CC more viable.
No...it would be just dumb to have it cast while moving. We have a spammable slow/root combo for a reason.

BGs mean nothing, I went 21-2 the other WSG but it doesnt matter when you get down to arena. Competitive PvP, where people know how to press buttons. Know how to DPS, Know how to avoid a massive long channelled ability that requires the target to be standing still. Try having over 300 hours of WW Arena Experience then you tell me if you think Fists of Fury isn't weak.

While it has been a while since I did so in any meaningful way, I have many thousands of hours logged in arena in 2s, 3s and 5s. I know the difference between arena and BGs. If I were commenting on the general usefulness of monks in arena, or even pvp, you might have a point, but I am not. I am commenting on the mechanics of one particular ability that I have used thousands of times on thousands of people. Yes, even highly skilled people, with whom, of their 21-2 score, I was responsible for the 2, because those are the people I go after, and usually am myself.

and if the monk plays well it can be landed most if not every time.

Here you say it yourself. Its not the easiest ability in the world to use, but if you know how, it is very reliable and without any doubt whatsoever, extremely powerful CC. If you are beating on only one person, say, locking down a healer, its also good damage pressure, as well as an untrinketable 5s stun. Use it after leg sweep and before silence and it is amazing.

You give me a reason or two why its functionality changes so drastically in arena and if valid, I may concede the point. It is lazy to discount my stupid amount of knowledge on the subject just because I don't like arena (especially on a class as reliant on other peels as WW monk).

The only thing I can think of, is that peels are much more prevalent, and it doesn't last the full duration if peeled right in the beginning; however, a trade off to that is, you can get a full 9+ sec untrinketable stun if you play it right, and you can pull others into your stun, even said potential peeler (not always possible, but it is often enough to be useful in that regard). You can also, quite often, land a 5 second untrinketable stun on more than one person, which is stupid strong. No other class can say that.

I also agree that this is not the major concern for WW monks. Serious looks into ZM, Breaking of roots and defensive's in CC or stun. Also changes need to be made to make our CC more viable.

Here we are in agreement. This is not the place to look. It's a very useful tool, but a buff here creating a deficit to our total buffage would only harm the class.
I vote for PvP not beeing balanced aroudn everyone having two or tree 4-5 second stuns