Army of the Dead vs. Stampede

Arenas
I have been doing a lot of thinking and why is it that Hunters can use Stampede in Arena and DKs can't use Army of the Dead. If you are going to ban one of them, why not ban the other. They work basically the same way.
I have been doing a lot of thinking and why is it that mages can use water elemental in Arena and warlocks can't use Infernals. If you are going to ban one of them, why not ban the other. They are both elementals.
WHO WILL WIN?

Next up, Fire Elemental vs Shadowfiend!

And tune in this Friday for the epic battle between Bloodworms and Shadowy Apparitions!
Hehe.

But in all seriousness, how much damage does army of the dead do now? Last time I played my dk in cata you pretty much just used it for the taunt to tank stuff for a bit in pve.

The real reason why is that it is a 10 minute cooldown. There is a rule specifically stating that there are no 10 minute or longer cooldowns in arenas.

Also, there are better things to ask a dk for in arena. Like isn't survivability an issue for you guys? I wouldn't worry about silly stuff like using army in arena when you still have actual issues that are much higher priority.
I'd like to point out that Army is a defensive for DKs in PvE. While channeling it they take a buttload of reduced damage like 20% + Parry chance.

Maybe it would shut all the DKs up whining for more defensives.