How does LFR work?

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
So I just hit 90 not too long ago.. I did LFR last week all the way through Vaults.. pretty much it was just a zergfest and it didnt seem like very much strategy at all.

I'm wondering.. is raiding just super easy now? Or is it just because I queue'd via LFR? Do guilds still progress individually through dungeons or is it all LFR now because it's so easy? Are there any rewards or advantages of doing a guild run over LFR?
12/11/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Deathdro
I'm wondering.. is raiding just super easy now? Or is it just because I queue'd via LFR? Do guilds still progress individually through dungeons or is it all LFR now because it's so easy? Are there any rewards or advantages of doing a guild run over LFR?

LFR is basically a third difficulty, tuned to be easier than normal (with heroic being a step above normal and requiring the completion of normal to enter). Normal and heroic are tuned for guilds, LFR is tuned for anyone with a pulse and an hour.
Everything Ninja said is true, and there are greater rewards from doing normal and heroic. They drop higher ilvl for each step up.
12/11/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Deathdro

It's because you queued via LFR.

Take your standard difficulty setting in the game of your choice - Easy, Normal, Hard.

LFR is easy. Normal is normal. Heroic is hard.

The advantages of Normal and Heroic are better loot and a sense of accomplishment. And it requires using your brain.
Ahh I see thanks for explaining guys it makes sense to me now.

So essentially LFR is for those who can't find raiding guilds or don't want to spend a lot of time raiding.

So in terms of drops, will LFR gear < normal gear < heroic gear? Or is LFR on par with normal gear with just less drop %?
So in terms of drops, will LFR gear < normal gear < heroic gear? Or is LFR on par with normal gear with just less drop %?

LFR<Normal<Heroic in terms of gear quality.
Okay last question.. do I need to gear up in LFR before doing normal raids?
12/11/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Deathdro
Okay last question.. do I need to gear up in LFR before doing normal raids?

No, but it helps.