Tooth and Claw

Druid
Let me begin by saying I appreciate what blizzard has done to maul simply because it is an attempt at giving us more of a reason to use it. However, I'm not sure that it being based on lowering the damage of the next auto attack is the best way to go with it. I would personally like to see it lower the damage of auto attacks for a period of time rather than it just lower the the damage of the next coming auto attack. Thoughts or opinions anyone?
12/12/2012 08:10 AMPosted by Relbrez
Let me begin by saying I appreciate what blizzard has done to maul simply because it is an attempt at giving us more of a reason to use it. However, I'm not sure that it being based on lowering the damage of the next auto attack is the best way to go with it. I would personally like to see it lower the damage of auto attacks for a period of time rather than it just lower the the damage of the next coming auto attack. Thoughts or opinions anyone?

Overall, it's basically "negate Y damage every X seconds" with minor variation for your swing speed and the enemy's swing speed. If it was "reduce every autoattack by Y damage for X seconds", then it would be OP vs fast swinging enemies and UP vs slow swinging ones.
12/12/2012 04:18 PMPosted by Jashiliter
Overall, it's basically "negate Y damage every X seconds" with minor variation for your swing speed and the enemy's swing speed. If it was "reduce every autoattack by Y damage for X seconds", then it would be OP vs fast swinging enemies and UP vs slow swinging ones.

Aside from just generally being overpowered anyway.