they did NOT nerf frost bomb (yet)

Arenas
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
A lot of people are reading it incorrectly, probably because blizzard worded it very poorly.

The correct way the hotfix SHOULD read is:

When you use fire blast to detonate frost bomb, FIRE BLAST does 50% less damage.

Actually, that's incorrect. Apologies for the poorly worded patch note. I've since updated the note to read:

• When Fire Blast modified by Glyph of Fire Blast is used to detonate a Frost Bomb, the resulting Frost Bomb now deals 50% less damage.

Some hotfixes weren't quite applied when the notes were published. That happens sometimes, but it should be in soon.
So was Frost Bomb damage nerfed or not? I can't even tell anymore.
December 11

Classes

Mage

When Fire Blast modified by Glyph of Fire Blast is used to detonate a Frost Bomb, the resulting Frost Bomb now deals 50% less damage.

Warrior

Taste for Blood now only stacks 1 time versus other players (was 3 times).

PvP

The Battle Fatigue healing reduction debuff has been increased to 30% (was 15%).
A lot of people are reading it incorrectly, probably because blizzard worded it very poorly.

When you use fire blast to detonate frost bomb, FIRE BLAST does 50% less damage.

Actually, that's incorrect. Apologies for the poorly worded patch note. I've since updated the note to read:

• When Fire Blast modified by Glyph of Fire Blast is used to detonate a Frost Bomb, the resulting Frost Bomb now deals 50% less damage.

Some hotfixes weren't quite applied when the notes were published. That happens sometimes, but this change should be in soon.

Random but you're the best blue <3 you actually post on the arena and class forums c: and care
Think he just said its been published but yet to be implemented?
Also, thanks Daxxarri for clarifying.
The healing nerf sucks tho..
Rets copped it rather solid in the a$$ without lube..
Hybrid healing nerf hurt, trinket nerf hurt and now another blanket nerf?
Shouldn't they be targetting specific classes..

* I no other classes feel the same of not worse..
The healing nerf sucks tho..
Rets copped it rather solid in the a$$ without lube..
Hybrid healing nerf hurt, trinket nerf hurt and now another blanket nerf?
Shouldn't they be targetting specific classes..

* I no other classes feel the same of not worse..

Trinket nerf was needed, more constant damage then burst. Plus it aligns with my shadowdance~

Some hotfixes weren't quite applied when the notes were published. That happens sometimes, but this change should be in soon.

Awks.
Honestly, though, the choice between leaving it on versus exploding it isn't that hard. If you have the CD ready, and you have the Add-on to let you know what the enemy team blows, just wait for him to dispell, then cast frost bomb. Dispell won't be ready in time.
Otherwise, it's still a massive damage spell, even with 50%.
Pair a mage with a warrior, spriest, demo, hunter, or feral, and you'll still global. It'll just take SOME skill now :)
12/11/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Magejerk

My pleasure. Thanks for making sure word got around to threads where there was still confusion.
Yes I agree, burst needed a nerf but dropping trinket power and cd by half didn't do it..
The 1 min cd actually buffs certain classes with a shorter burst cd..
Rets have barely any sustained damage and burst on a 2-3 min cd..
So really I get to pop my trinket without any CDs and get bare minimum use out of it while other classes get to pop it during every burst..
12/11/2012 07:17 PMPosted by Daxxarri

My pleasure. Thanks for making sure word got around to threads where there was still confusion.
So I actually think this might be live now? However, it's nerfing ALL frost bombs by 50%, even those undetonated by fire blast?

My frost bombs are hitting for only 70k crits on 63% resil players, with or without fire blast detonation. Before it was almost double that on the same players.
a 6 second dispelable dot that does all of it's damage at the end of the hit shouldn't be hitting 70k. If you can't understand that, your bias is blinding you.
Lobs, 70K isn't that much when you consider he could have up to 50% PvP Power or so.

In that case, resil would only be reducing his damage by 7K and in a PvE environment he'd be dealing 77K damage. That's an actual concern. It is true that this is an indirect buff to other speccs, though, and a good step towards balance. I am really pleased, it made my night.

Sadar, on the other hand, is out of line. They didn't nerf your burst because you were balanced, bud. It doesn't make sense to give you that damage back somewhere else. You've still got crazy CC.
12/11/2012 07:01 PMPosted by Daxxarri

hopefully we've got some disc priest buffs up our sleeves too?
12/11/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Globaled

hopefully we've got some disc priest buffs up our sleeves too?

Whats wrong with discs anyway? ( sorry i dont have one ) (( all im seeing atm is restro shammys lol))
If you see a Disc in 3s, its considered a miracle of whatever you believe in.

To answer your question without being a complete douche, you probably can't name a strength disc has over a healer now. Because there are literally 0.
12/11/2012 07:16 PMPosted by Sadar
Daxxarri, I must say this nerf is quite upsetting without any compensation in casted damage. Top mages have been complaining about frost bolt damage this entire expansion, and how we really can't do damage outside of this stupid ability of frost bomb. Now I feel like my main source of damage is more or less completely out of my control. Yes I can "set it up" but to a large degree whether this goes off or not depends on the skill of the player I face. Mages desperately need to be reworked after this nerf has gone live.

I couldnt agree more, seriously Daxx who is in charge of mage balancing this expansion and where is he pulling these nerf numbers out of for both pve and pvp? Instead of actually addressing the issues of scaling and crit/mastery for fire and frost it seems like whoever is in charge is saying "screw it lets just nerf their main/one of main damaging abilities by 50% and see what happens." Thatll fix it!