WoW on Wii U

General Discussion
After messing around on a Wii U for a bit I realized it may be the first console with a true ability to support an MMORPG such as WoW. Not saying it would be a good or bad idea but it certainly appears the interface would make it plausible for the first time in history. Thoughts?
The controller has a battery life of 3 hours.

That would be beyond annoying for a MMO.
12/12/2012 12:03 PMPosted by Rosenivy

Ouch.

And I thought the original PSP was bad.
Would you even use the controller? Couldn't you use a usb keyboard and mouse? Even the Wii has usb ports.
I have the perfect way to play games.

It's called a PC.

It can support any controller developed for it, but tends to use a Keyboard/mouse set up that never goes out of date.

It also has steam, which is better than what is available on consoles.

I would say I'd like to buy a Wii U for Zelda. But honestly I still haven't finished the newest Zelda game and Wii U doesn't even have it's own Zelda yet.

I only ever supported SONY because of Square Enix.

I no longer support Square Enix.

To hell with Halo and it's kind.

Just plug it into a wall and not worry about battery life. It's not like you're gonna be moving much, and if you do, you have 3 hours before you have to plug it back in. Big deal.

Still, WoW on a console isn't too likely at this point, I would think. But you never know.
I can just see it now.

Mike Monhaime going over to Nintendo Headquarters to present World of Warcraft to Satoru Iwata and Reggie Fils-Aime.

Satoru and Reggie both create accounts, they start questing... ya this is great, they're having lotsa fun, they really seem interested and really feel like signing up a deal with Mike. 30 minutes later they enter Stormwind and Trade Chat pops up...

[2. Trade] [Player1] : OM*G those @#&*@&#(@ suck! @#*@ man! god @*#(@*# of @(#*@!
[2. Trade] [Player2] : Durrr did somebody say ? Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker
[2. Trade] [Player3] : Anal [whatever]
[2. Trade] [Player4] : Anal [something else]
[2. Trade] [Player1] : Anal Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker

They both look at Mike Monhaime, rip the contract in half, shake his hand and say: "Umm... no. Just no."

but that's just enough time to do all the dailies! :p

working as intended right?
I have the perfect way to play games.

It's called a PC.

It can support any controller developed for it, but tends to use a Keyboard/mouse set up that never goes out of date.

It also has steam, which is better than what is available on consoles.

I would say I'd like to buy a Wii U for Zelda. But honestly I still haven't finished the newest Zelda game and Wii U doesn't even have it's own Zelda yet.

I only ever supported SONY because of Square Enix.

I no longer support Square Enix.

Depending on what you already have, a Wii U could potentially be a lot cheaper than a brand new PC + monitor + etc. Particularly if you don't play many PC only games.

EDIT:

Oh, and:

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/03/19/world-of-warcraft-and-counter-strike-plus-others-coming-to-wii-u-eshop/
Irrespective of the system, playing the game that way would be fun.

At least for a little bit.

A warrior spinning around for too long is not a good thing.
Except these days PC tends to get a ton of games. The only reason to buy consoles at this point is if you absolutely must have their exclusive content.

Which is fine, of course. Though not a real reason to port WoW, I don't think. How many PCs out there these days can't run WoW? Honestly.
Except these days PC tends to get a ton of games. The only reason to buy consoles at this point is if you absolutely must have their exclusive content.

Which is fine, of course. Though not a real reason to port WoW, I don't think. How many PCs out there these days can't run WoW? Honestly.

Can't run WoW, or can't run WoW on maximum settings?
12/12/2012 12:08 PMPosted by Draile

Unless you play it on PC

;-)
but that's just enough time to do all the dailies! :p

Joke or not if it seriously takes people that long to do dailies they're doing them wrong
Wii U will have dragonquest X soon.. which will more or less be a MMO. WoW could work but idk, i know GW2 would with its few active spells per class

Nothing lasts forever, even cold November rain
12/12/2012 12:20 PMPosted by Halgore

Unless you play it on PC

;-)

To hell with those people too!
WoW just isn't a console MMO due to the controls. You really have to create an MMO with a console in mind for it to work.