Healing Sphere: magnetic to injured

Monk
peops just plain ignore healing spheres, and its a major part to the monk's mastery mechanics.
it needs to be changed, so that healing spheres move to injured classes.

or atleast alter mastery to something useful, as i find im using the heal spheres myself, which means i am taking time to run instead of focusing heals.
or a dps is stoping there dps to find and grab a healing sphere, which they wont want to do as its a dps loss to grab them.
12/12/2012 06:25 PMPosted by Uthoir
a dps is stoping there dps to find and grab a healing sphere, which they wont want to do as its a dps loss to grab them.

No kidding, if you want to play defensive more often than not you have to suffer from sub 100% optimal dps. Boy is that a crazy concept.
I'd rather my DPS do 95% of their top damage 100% of the available DPS uptime fo a fight then them do 100% of their top damage, then do 0 DPS for the rest of the fight because they died : /

I dont have mastery yet. I'm thinking if i get enough of it i'll ignore DPS in 5 mans and tell them to use the orbs. 5 mans i can duo with any tank. Get some learning in for them DPS
12/12/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Strykër
I dont have mastery yet. I'm thinking if i get enough of it i'll ignore DPS in 5 mans and tell them to use the orbs. 5 mans i can duo with any tank. Get some learning in for them DPS

....they won't have orbs near them to heal with unless you heal them...
I've actually had people flat out try to avoid orbs and i quote from the people who said it "i shouldn't have to look for your **** on the ground just to get a heal" this needs to have a 15 yard magnetic range to "lowest hp character in range" ability added to it. i will have 15 orbs on the field with my 3 castable combined with mastery and no one wants to take half a second to run through it. you don't even have to click it like lightwell. a change would be greatly appreciated.
I gotta agree coordinated raids aside our mastery is very rarely used, I'm only geared enough for heroics but even is those a good 60% of my orbs go unused. I'll run oom and we wipe with a god dozen or so orbs laying on the ground.. our mastery already spawns near an injured ally why not leash it to him to heal after Xsec if they don't run over it (or better yet tie it to eminence+single target heals...

ie.eminence heals heal an additional target for 20%+ (based on mastery) and EM/SM heal their target for 10%+ (based on mastery) with EM procing the full mastery heal on cast (to give us a bit of burst heal on it)
I dont know that I'd support something like this. The mastery as it works right now will never do 100% overhealing on a per orb basis. If a full health party/raid member walks over it nothing happens. If you leash it to someone, there is a chance they'd be back to full health before it got to them, making that orb a complete wasted.

Since you cant stack all secondary stats, this gives you a priority for your reforging. If you play mostly in 5mans or with braindead DPS who would rather tunnel at the risk of dying...then stack as much Crit as you can. If you raid with a lot of decent DPS or with fights with a lot of movement, your mastery will help as everyone is running all over the place they are bound to run into some even accidentally.

Mastery doesnt have to be changed so it is desirable 100% of the time. I had a Rogue through Cata, in Assassination spec I stacked mastery through the roof, when in Combat spec I avoided mastery like the plague.

Monk mastery right now is situationally useful...depending on your situation is how useful you find it.
So I don't know if this is true or not since I haven't asked anyone I've raided with, but maybe they don't take the half a second to step on the little green ball that appeared next to them because they aren't that obvious on the ground? I see them no problem, but that's probably because I look at them and think "look at all those wasted heals"... If that is the case, or even if not, I think it'd be nice if they were to be maybe 2-3 times larger and/or spawn directly in front of the person.

Is there a mod out there that makes them appear larger? If so, I could just convince everyone to install that until something is done to make them more effective.
Some fights spheres are hard to see because of alot of aoe or adds around you. Also some mechanics wont allow you to do so. Monk mastery scales really good in 25 man. Less in 10 man and 5man just isnt as good. Also you adopt to your raid when reforging. So crit haste will profit you more if people dont use them.
What if they added an new mechanic to TFT making the orbs magnetic and when you uplift you draw the orbs closer to people?
I'd be opposed to anything that made our mastery 100% used. It's clear that the mastery is balanced around orbs being wasted, since they tried to make the spheres a smart heal on expiration, then dropped the change right away.

If it was 100%, they would nerf throughput and we would be back where we started.
I'd be opposed to anything that made our mastery 100% used. It's clear that the mastery is balanced around orbs being wasted, since they tried to make the spheres a smart heal on expiration, then dropped the change right away.

If it was 100%, they would nerf throughput and we would be back where we started.

Monk healers are not worth bringing to raids everything a monk can do, a disc priest can do better.

This is in terms of :

A ) healing (shields are very good)

B) Mana regen (priests is way better)

C ) Utility (spirit shell overpowered vs revival)

D) Damage (Smite >>>>>>>>>>> meleeing).

E) Single target / snap healing (Surging mists SUCKS to use).

F ) Aoe healing - On average disc priest is better given prayer of healing is more likely to hit 5 targets than renewing mists is to spread to 6 targets for uplift.

G ) Divine star is a lot better than chi burst (in terms of range / etc).

Monks need something, that and holy priests do good enough dps to compete with shadow.

Monk healers are not worth bringing to raids everything a monk can do, a disc priest can do better.

This is in terms of :

A ) healing (shields are very good)

B) Mana regen (priests is way better)

C ) Utility (spirit shell overpowered vs revival)

D) Damage (Smite >>>>>>>>>>> meleeing).

E) Single target / snap healing (Surging mists SUCKS to use).

F ) Aoe healing - On average disc priest is better given prayer of healing is more likely to hit 5 targets than renewing mists is to spread to 6 targets for uplift.

G ) Divine star is a lot better than chi burst (in terms of range / etc).

Monks need something, that and holy priests do good enough dps to compete with shadow.

I'm in agreement that things need changing, though I just don't think that changing the mastery into something more reliable will help. They'd jsut put numbers right back to where they're at now. Roughly 10% of our total healing.
I'd be inclined to say rather than placing an orb on the ground, placing an orb effect over the player you proc'd an orb on, and having it pop the next time that player either takes damage or is directly healed.
Like priests did with lightwell, mistweavers need to just tell other players to use the spheres. Anyone that played diablo3 would understand how it works.
I dont think people ignore healing spheres - they just dont noticed them.

even I dont notice my own healing spheres sometimes. hopefully Blizz will bring back their PTR chage of spheres healing nearby party members if unused.

12/13/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Phou
Like priests did with lightwell, mistweavers need to just tell other players to use the spheres. Anyone that played diablo3 would understand how it works.

I dont think you can compare the two. Lightwell is planned and known to be up. mastery healing spheres are random, and can appear anywhere within a certain raidus