Battle.net offline mode.

General Discussion
12/20/2012 10:10 PMPosted by Yubaba
I appear offline to RealId friends(some of which are guildmates) YET, they see me online in the guild. I don't get the point.

Not everyone has all of their characters in one guild, or even the same server.

I understand this. WE play an MMO, I just dont get logging on if you arent going to be social. Meh, whatever, I know it is going to be implemented, so it isn't that big of a deal. JUst seems like you 2 are hardheaded.
12/20/2012 10:08 PMPosted by Dagonarra
on a side note, ignore me? really? You are insecure.

Usually when someone refuses to accept another person's point of view, they first try to disreguard it by claiming they're wrong somehow and then ignores them because they cannot stand someone who disagrees.

Blizzard disagrees with you. Inåri is right, and you are incorrect in this instance. Blizzard is developing an offline mode.

Just stop.

Dagonarra's point still stands even with Blizzard developing it. People simply don't need it and do just fine as is without it as there's simple methods to deal with being asked to do things with friends. Just because Blizzard does something doesn't neccessary means it's correct, they aren't infallible as some would like to believe.
12/20/2012 10:30 PMPosted by Yubaba
Dagonarra's point still stands even with Blizzard developing it. People simply don't need it and do just fine as is without it as there's simple methods to deal with being asked to do things with friends. Just because Blizzard does something doesn't necessary means it's correct, they aren't infallible as some would like to believe.

I'm going to be using the offline feature all the time, and there's nothing you can do to stop me :)

Have fun playing the game by yourself then. Friends don't last if you hide from them all the time.

If too many people do that and Blizzard feels that the game isn't being social enough, can kiss it goodbye.
12/20/2012 09:58 PMPosted by Dagonarra
Then why even bother playing that day?

Because sometimes you want to play without being disturbed.
If I need to organize my alt's guild bank, I don't really want people interrupting to ask me if I want to do something fun. It's hard enough to get in the mood to organize a guild bank already, so I'd never get it done if people asked me to do fun stuff instead.

And anyone interested can already appear offline, although it's not officially implemented. You just block port 1119 after logging into character select (login server uses same port, so can't block before that).
12/20/2012 10:12 PMPosted by Dagonarra
I just dont get logging on if you arent going to be social.

Let's just leave it at social and social are two different things..
Has this been implemented yet? I'm not antisocial. Sometimes I would just like to log on, check my auctions, do a few dungeons, and log out without alerting my RealID friends.

I know Blizz mentioned they were adding it in, but that was back in September.

you sneaky rogue you