blizz i ask you a raid option..

General Discussion
can we have a LFR for the old raid pls...? like, Blackwing Descent, Bastion of Twilight, Throne of the Four Winds etc...etc...?? pls..
LFR is already enabled for Cataclysm raids. There's a level cap associated however. If you level past that cap, you'd no longer be able to queue up as LFR and the next set of raids will be available at level 90.
Blizzard has stated in the past that they're not going to support low level raid finder.

If you're interested in those raids and are unable to get a group together on your realm, I'd recommend checking out Openraid. Openraid is an active cross realm raiding community. I'm sure you'll be able to find people for those instances if you check there. :)
http://openraid.us/

12/27/2012 03:36 PMPosted by Rygarius
LFR is already enabled for Cataclysm raids. There's a level cap associated however. If you level past that cap, you'd no longer be able to queue up as LFR and the next set of raids will be available at level 90.

Raid Finder is only available for Dragon Soul, not the other Cataclysm raids. :P

Why? Whats the fun in that?
I don't know if many people know this... but you ARE able to look for a raid via an ingame system. It's not widely used, and it's always empty everytime I check it. But it is there. I can't seem to recall what it is called. I do believe you can access it by typing /who, clicking on the raid button, and messing about... I can't recall, and I'm away from my normal computer, so I cna't check. But at any rate, it may be simplier to just pug it with a bunch of odd leveled characters.
You can 5 man most of those dude.

12/27/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Ramtaur
I don't know if many people know this... but you ARE able to look for a raid via an ingame system. It's not widely used, and it's always empty everytime I check it. But it is there. I can't seem to recall what it is called. I do believe you can access it by typing /who, clicking on the raid button, and messing about... I can't recall, and I'm away from my normal computer, so I cna't check. But at any rate, it may be simplier to just pug it with a bunch of odd leveled characters.

It's called "Socials" you can click the little bell shaped icon on the chat box or press "O", it will open the friend pane, there are tabs at the bottom, click the one called "Raid." At the top of that menu, there is a button called "Other Raids" click that. Then it opens a menu like the old LFG menu where you click which raids you are looking for. Then people can browse it and see you are looking for such and such a raid.

No one uses it though, probably on account of it being so buried in the interface. It really is a neat tool. It's the same as the old Dungeon Finder tool.
My only objection to that ruling is being unable to get the LFR color sets (which were often different from the normal or heroic sets).
Ah, right. The older raids before LFR was implemented.
openraid.us

If you want an easy way to join raids there it is.

However if you want to run the raids at level and the only way you would do that is through lfr then you'd find that if you could even get into the raid that the queue would be atleast half a day long before it finds 24 other people who would rather run an old raid than just level and faceroll it.
I'd like to be able to set my raid difficulty to 25LFR for the pure ability to go back and have a chance at completing any tier sets that evaded me previously. You could even take all the gold and BoE drops away....as long as I have the opportunity to complete transmog sets.
12/27/2012 03:44 PMPosted by Obskuritas
is that possible in the future..?

When there are already multiple venues for doing old raids(soloing, openraid, spamming trade) why would blizz waste the resources just to let the few people who would rather do a raid at level have a way to do raids still when they could be putting in the effort to real content?
instead of old raids getting LFR ques, why not instead introduce and LFR difficulty to the list similiar to normal(10), Heroic(10), Normal(25)...so on and so forth, right now there are several peices of gear id love to get for mogging but i cant ever get them because theyre LFR specific and ive outleveled Dragon soul.

to re-iterate id like to see LFR as a selectable raid difficulty added to the current dropdown difficulty menu, as transmogg gear is being made unavailable to the masses by simply playing the game and leveling...
i would love ICC and Ulduar LFR :D 10 or 25
12/27/2012 03:53 PMPosted by Obskuritas
i dont like your negativity about the non-replayable wow stuff when capped...! anyway..

How am i being negative when i have said the other options for doing raids other than just hoping blizz will waste time on old content lfr? It is a fact people do not like non max lvls being in expansion old content because then it feels like they are having to carry them or gear them up.

Openraid honestly does exactly what you want other than it is not an ingame feature and again you will have people who do not like having non max lvls in there.
12/27/2012 03:40 PMPosted by Rygarius
Ah, right. The older raids before LFR was implemented.

LFR is great, no matter how much bashing it gets on these forums.

From your post it seems that because this feature is new, it is impossible to apply it to older content? That seems silly.

LFR and LFD are amazing, and have really added to this game, but there is limited content and the same handful of dungeons get stale.

It would be really cool if some hard dungeons were introduced. I understand that the increased difficulty in the cata dungeons made it not fun for a lot of players, but I think having this as an option would be very attractive to the more experienced players.

By hard I mean trash pulls need to be cc'd, both offensive and defensive CD's need to be used wisely, and pulling more than one group is an almost guarenteed wipe.

Right now, in 465ish gear, I can nearly faceroll all the dungeons.
You know, this would really increase the life of your old raid content, and give people exactly what they've been asking for... more raids.

Somehow, I just find raiding more fun than anything else in game, even if the content is laughably easy at my level/ilevel. Enabling queueing and granting valor for it (because, yes, LFR even for the current raids is equivalent to standing around for an hour or so. it's nowhere near challenging) would make things a lot more fun imo.