Brawler's Arena cooldowns

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
12/24/2012 04:57 PMPosted by Brennvin
We are happy with the way cooldowns currently work for abilities in the Brawler’s Guild. Most of them should reset by the time the next fight begins (Yes, not all do but most fall into this category). Right now we don’t want to expand what types of content are given the free temporary respec and cooldown resets. Adding these to an element of PvE might lead to a slippery slope.

Dumb answer. 99% of the time I'm at the brawlers guild and there are maybe 5 other people if im lucky. Usually none of my cds are up by then and I'm forced to sit there and not queue, a long with the other 5 people that just queued. We all sit there for 10 minutes, then queue up again. Its actually a really dumb mistake on your development teams part. You're not "adding these to an element of PvE" you're adding them to the Brawlers Guild which really, has nothing to do with PvE. When most fights REQUIRE all of your cds, you made an error not having them reset.

But I expect nothing less. Your philosophy is "Lets make the game longer by forcing the players to have to wait longer".

3 weeks to get 2200 vp? Zzzzz Idiotic.

By the way. No one gives a crap if you're "happy with the way cooldowns currently work for abilities in the Brawler’s Guild", WE WANT TO BE HAPPY, we're the customers here.

Oh how you've fallen Blizzard, its disappointing.
I wish i had motivation to practice the r8 fights.
12/25/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Sìnz
Maybe you should appreciate that you can use your cooldowns at all. All you have to do is wait for them to come up, i get to smash my face against bosses i literally cant kill because I have no cooldowns. To die to a boss in 486ilvl gear and watch some mage walk in in heroic gear and smash all his cooldowns and crush the boss that i just died to is incredibly frustrating.

maybe if you weren't pvp gemmed... Also, spriests in my guild all got to R8 at the gear level without an issue... so yeah.

I do kinda feel your pain though, cause I mained a spriest back in cata, and part of the reason I swapped was due to all the CD's being taken out. Why they took DAA from you guys is still beyond me, it is a move that will never make sense.
Cooldowns are fine for brawler's. It is no different than if one killed a rare out in the world at large. If one kills it fast and there is another rare close by there is a wait until cooldowns can be used again.
Not pvp gemmed in my pve gear. I agree i should probably get further and probably good if i figured out exactly how to play it right, but its still aggravating as !@#$ to struggle with something that 90% of the rest of the people dont even have to do anything but pop every cd they have and blow the boss up
12/25/2012 02:47 PMPosted by Oncealive
Cooldowns are fine for brawler's. It is no different than if one killed a rare out in the world at large. If one kills it fast and there is another rare close by there is a wait until cooldowns can be used again.

Reach the fights that actually require high sustained dps then come back and post this.

The truth is that Blizzard is fanatically anti-convenience in MoP. There isn't a reason anymore. Anti-convenience is your reason. You guys are crazy. I wish the game industry would stop relying on artists to design games, because artists are so at-risk for going off the deep end like this.

There is a reason, content extension, it's basically what this entire expansion has been about. Players have been able to get some convenience back, like Grand Commendations and the coming farm improvements. But it takes an incredible amount of noise across multiple forms of media to get them to change from the maximum content extension model they are going with.
Cd's are fine. Please look into res timers inside brawlers arena.
No waits between queues? I mean, it's been weeks for passes to circulate, and it was supposed to get more populated over time, not less. If people are having no wait even with CRZ forcing several other servers into theirs, I doubt it's going to be much more robust than what it is now. I never hear anyone talk about it and the couple people I know who had passes didn't keep going beyond checking it out the first week.

I don't do this since I have no interest in it, but if the few people who like it can't even do their fights with their abilities, just reset their cooldowns.

Knowing Blizz they wont, and will just try to come up with zany achievements or rewards to try and make more people feel like they need to compete in their failed experiment (since it's only "forced content" if they decide it is).
12/25/2012 03:53 PMPosted by Boasaimhere
Cd's are fine. Please look into res timers inside brawlers arena.

Cd's aren't fine. Neither is res timers. A lot of things aren't fine right now with the brawler's guild. It's brand new so it might take little time so fix some things.

Actually it might take a while because it feels like Blizzard deliberately makes things inconvenient and very time consuming.
Sometimes I just go in with my cooldowns not ready. :\

I don't remember if I've killed bosses like that or not.
Right now we don’t want to expand what types of content are given the free temporary respec and cooldown resets.

I will pay gold to have my cooldowns reset if that's what it takes to implement it.
We are happy with the way cooldowns currently work for abilities in the Brawler’s Guild. Most of them should reset by the time the next fight begins (Yes, not all do but most fall into this category). Right now we don’t want to expand what types of content are given the free temporary respec and cooldown resets. Adding these to an element of PvE might lead to a slippery slope.

Why is it the slippery slope argument only works when the blues use it?
All these people saying CDs are fine. They aren't. I've been working on Disruptron for probably half a month now (The last brawl I need for the title and to be completely done... I'd be first on my server). Every time I die I don't even requeue again until 1-2 minutes left on army so it comes up right as i enter. During that 10 minute wait time I just sit there hoping I kill it this next time so I don't have to wait 10 minutes again for one CD to come off. For those of you who don't know. Disruptron is probably the hardest brawlers guild boss. It's the one where you have to jump over 2 vertical laser beams on the ground and one horizontal one while dodging 2-3 orbs in phase 1 (sometimes 5 depending if the middle turrent is activated), 15 orbs in phase 2, and maintaining about 85-90k DPS. Army is a CD that is pretty much needed as a death knight in any pve situation at max level (besides questing and maybe heroic dungeons since theres 4 others with you) So waiting for CDs does become an issue for those on medium/low population realms.

Not to mention often times I just give up because I don't have the patience to wait 10 minutes for one thing because it's just frustrating to sometimes die immediately to something stupid after just using army. Maybe if there was something actually worth while that you could get then I wouldn't mind. But blizzard got rid of the server first achievement for brawlers guild.
12/24/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Brennvin

Um, most 5+ minute cooldowns as well as all battle rez's reset after a raid boss dies or wipes you, as well as killing a boss clearing sated. Its already in PvE. And frankly for a good reason, sitting around waiting for cooldowns isn't fun nor does it add anything

With short queues, it's understandable that this can be frustrating. As it populates though, you shouldn't really notice it.

"Just deal with it."

Thanks.
Wow you people....stop crying its SUPPOSE to be a challenge if you don't want to to wait for CD's go do something else or wait till your dps spec is geared enough to finish the fights. This is such a small bit of content and people are already whinging. Just stop hell I got to rank 7 in tank gear... I'm sure difficulty ramps up but take a break and come back to it
12/24/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Brennvin

Um, most 5+ minute cooldowns as well as all battle rez's reset after a raid boss dies or wipes you, as well as killing a boss clearing sated. Its already in PvE. And frankly for a good reason, sitting around waiting for cooldowns isn't fun nor does it add anything

With short queues, it's understandable that this can be frustrating. As it populates though, you shouldn't really notice it.

You guys really are obsessed with making people wait in this game for pretty much everything, huh. How about a queue to bid at the Auction House? Like, you wait for an Auctioneer to put your item up for bid? Now showing...DexterFong's 1 Frostweave Cloth for 2 gold, 99 silver, and 99 copper.

Anyone up?

[Screen flashes] The bidding is almost done!

Last call!

Ok, maybe next time.

Now showing...DexterFong's 1 Frostweave Cloth for...
12/26/2012 03:11 AMPosted by Yojim
Wow you people....stop crying its SUPPOSE to be a challenge if you don't want to to wait for CD's go do something else or wait till your dps spec is geared enough to finish the fights. This is such a small bit of content and people are already whinging. Just stop hell I got to rank 7 in tank gear... I'm sure difficulty ramps up but take a break and come back to it

Waiting for cooldowns is a challenge? My bad I didn't know.
Heck, I just wish my pets Phoenix rez ability to reset after having my butt handed to me.

I hate waiting 10 minutes for that cooldown to reset.
If you don't have a choice and you need that CD then wait, who cares? What's 10 mins? Like I said go do something else. You know it's ok for blizzard to basically say "Deal with it, it's 10 mins get over it" sometimes I wish they could be blunt with the whingers.