PvP getting more balanced?

Arenas
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
I'd like to see Recuperate/Leeching Poison do something. Anything. At all.
Yeah, I think it's improving, however slowly.

I am not optimistic however, as when 5.2 new season/tier comes around, there will simply be a new revamp of class imbalances.
Would you agree its more balanced than it was from the start of the season up to the new patch?

I think it is, but there is still alot of tweaks you could say that need to be worked out.

I agree that it has gotten better, but we know that there's more ground to cover and we're always working to improve. In light of that, there are still many more changes coming in patch 5.2.

I can't talk about them just yet, but keep your eyes open for more information in the coming weeks.

If you let me get back on my rogue and play. Im not asking for super healing or godmode. Im asking for the ability to queue for a random BG with 60+% resilience and NOT be owned by every other class except another rogue...

...I will do horribly demented and demonic things to tickle your fancy. :)
12/19/2012 12:21 PMPosted by Carroway
I'd like to see Recuperate/Leeching Poison do something. Anything. At all.

Rogue survivability does need help, but imo I think they should just make Prep baseline like they did with hunter's readiness. That way you can double dip on defensive cd's like you used to be able to without having to sacrifice losing mobility by losing shadowstep or burst of speed.

I think Recup and Leeching poison are supposed to be hardly noticeable. Being as good as like, second wind would be ridiculous.
Well, the start was awful. It's not like it could have gotten any worse.

The changes addressed some issues but there are still a loooooooooooot of things to do.

My biggest fear is that some of the hybrid classes that are already very weak right now (Rets, Ele) are going to get hit with nerfs again because one specific spec of their class is powerful (Holy, Resto).

Same thing with Priests, only the opposite way. I fear because Disc is weak, Shadow may get some kind of buff, which they don't need.

I'm also scared you guys are not going to take care of some issues well enough. Instant CC, as an example, or burst damage as another.

And if you don't address the gear issue, this entire expansion is going to be a loss.
Would you agree its more balanced than it was from the start of the season up to the new patch?

I think it is, but there is still alot of tweaks you could say that need to be worked out.

I agree that it has gotten better, but we know that there's more ground to cover and we're always working to improve. In light of that, there are still many more changes coming in patch 5.2.

I can't talk about them just yet, but keep your eyes open for more information in the coming weeks.

I hope its not just some nerf or buff to dmg abilities, but a rework, some abilities should be removed, some things should be changed, some things should be added, for example, feral burst should be nerfed, and i wouldnt mind incarnation working like a berserk instead of ravage spam, and savage roar going back to the way it used to be.

Same goes for locks, blood fear shouldnt exist, it provides too much pressure/cc, with no effort, or make it a 30sec cd.

I just hope you guys realize its not just numbers that need to be changed...

It's gotten better for like 10 % you still have to cover 90 %. From one op comp to another. And some classes still in the same state of op where another in the same state of having significant issues. By the time you will fix more things more people will quit wow, so by the end of MOP 1900 will be glad in 3s.
Pvp is extremely balanced compared to the beginning of the season. Its alot better now than last season. Theres still alot of room for improvement but blizzard is doing a great job tackling the extremely unbalanced comps and classes such as mages, locks, warriors, and hunter stampede bug.
12/19/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Daxxarri

Whelp I guessed you would say this so I can treat myself an ice-cream today.

Some of the changes are pretty good, and fix a lot of things (although there are some changes that should be done).

Other changes you've done are either ill-thought out or just flat our bizarre or contradictory.

E.g
Resto shams heals too strong? Nerf all 3 specs via utility.
Burst is too strong? Add more pvp power to weapons without addin resil (yeah the trinket changes went a bit of ways to fix this)
Gear disparity is becoming an even more larger barrier to entry? Lets add an upgrade option to our gear to just push that down our throats even further.

There are a few more that I've missed, but I'll stop for now.

Rogue survivability does need help, but imo I think they should just make Prep baseline like they did with hunter's readiness. That way you can double dip on defensive cd's like you used to be able to without having to sacrifice losing mobility by losing shadowstep or burst of speed.

I would love that.

I think Recup and Leeching poison are supposed to be hardly noticeable. Being as good as like, second wind would be ridiculous.

Yeah but Second Wind is really a lot more than I meant. I mean more along the lines of Recup now turning into Recup pre-5.0 Not only was the healing nerfed, but the energy buff that it offered was taken away also but the energy cost was never adjusted, so it's doubly painful to use now.
Rogue, monk and disc priest are still unaddressed crap sandwiches that they seem too stubborn to admit they screwed up. Ele sham might be worse than all of them.
12/19/2012 12:36 PMPosted by Stabdu
Rogue, monk and disc priest are still unaddressed crap sandwiches that they seem too stubborn to admit they screwed up. Ele sham might be worse than all of them.
ty Daxx
Hi, I'm a rogue. You know... that class that's actually falling behind monks. What is this "balanced"?

Wouldn't "balance" indicate that every spec/class is viable? And that no class is nerfed/buffed but instead is evenly matched aside from counter classes?
I've been getting nerfed every patch and I still think balance is getting much better, QQ More baddies and great job blizzard. More pvp balances to come in 5.2 I hope?
Yesterday a warrior farted on me and I died. I didnt even see his face... just his b Buttcheek's flapping in the wind under his kilt as he Charged past me. He didnt even have me targeted.

And then I wondered.... why am I playing a class that got gutted to worthlessness..
I'm more excited for 5.2 than I was for MoP.

I would suggest to be more forthcoming with upcoming changes. I'm sure you all (devz or whoever) are tired of all the negative feedback from the PVP community (being romantic in assuming most read or care what your customers have to say), but with the current state of the overall game satisfaction in reference to PVP, you are only going to hurt yourself by not communicating the changes you have in mind. Speaking for myself, with the current state that PVP is in, and just how completely broken my class is as a healer now (post 5.1), I am truly on the verge of canceling my sub and moving on. I would also say it's safe to say that I am not the only one either. The PVP community is at an all time low in regards to being satisfied with balance and game-play. You will only benefit by sharing your ideas or incoming changes. This shows that you are actually taking steps to FIX what has been broken, and it also show the community that you are actually taking in what's being communicated to you and moving forward from there. For me, after the last patch and the lack of communication of changes in that patch (3 I know of that were never mentioned in the PTR forums), I honestly don't feel like paying $15 for the next two months to see what you decide to do and to find out if you have fixed key issues. Not to mention finding out those changes probably won't happen until the week before the patch. So for what it's worth, you might want to consider sharing with us the ideas, changes, and direction your thinking of taking the PVP side of the game in.