PvP getting more balanced?

Arenas
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
Hi I was just doing 2v2 arena today and I was wondering since when are druids and or shamans able to rez during a arena battle. Maybe it's something that was implemented without me actually realizing it. I had thought that it was taken out a while ago. I was doing a 2v2 fight playing my lvl 90 BM hunter with my partner a lvl 90 Blood DK. We were up against an Enhancement Shaman and a Balance Druid. Mine and the Shamans final blows literally killed the two of us. It was the Balance druid and the DK left. They were going back and forth for a few minutes. Great battle actually. When suddenly the druid runs by the corpse of the shaman and either revives or casted rebirth on him. The shaman got up and they 2v1'd the Dk down in seconds. Can anyone offer me an explanation?
12/19/2012 07:25 PMPosted by Entergiser
Balance druids are worse class in game in pvp
Lolno

A good balance druid is a force to be reckoned with.
Pvp is being more balanced but demo has still a little to strong of a burst and not a lot of damage outside of CD's.
Hi, I'm a rogue. You know... that class that's actually falling behind monks. What is this "balanced"?

Wouldn't "balance" indicate that every spec/class is viable? And that no class is nerfed/buffed but instead is evenly matched aside from counter classes?

I swear Rogues aren't even that weak. I'm tipping if blizz caves and buffs them next season is going to be s11 all over again.
well it couldn't possible get less balanced than the beginning of the season

or could it?
12/19/2012 07:53 PMPosted by Gooçh
Hi I was just doing 2v2 arena today and I was wondering since when are druids and or shamans able to rez during a arena battle. Maybe it's something that was implemented without me actually realizing it. I had thought that it was taken out a while ago. I was doing a 2v2 fight playing my lvl 90 BM hunter with my partner a lvl 90 Blood DK. We were up against an Enhancement Shaman and a Balance Druid. Mine and the Shamans final blows literally killed the two of us. It was the Balance druid and the DK left. They were going back and forth for a few minutes. Great battle actually. When suddenly the druid runs by the corpse of the shaman and either revives or casted rebirth on him. The shaman got up and they 2v1'd the Dk down in seconds. Can anyone offer me an explanation?

He casted a 10 second rez. This has been possible as long as arenas have been around.
Dang ok I knew I was missing something. Thank you for the reply.
The only thing I really dislike atm is the overabundance of CC that doesnt seem to share any DR. I can get feared for 5 seconds, then stunned for 5 seconds, then feared for 3 seconds, then stunned and rooted, by 2 people.
Overall class balance has gotten a little better. You can tell by all of the complaining on every class forum and not just one or two.

Now they just need to do something about the gear balance!!

I swear Rogues aren't even that weak. I'm tipping if blizz caves and buffs them next season is going to be s11 all over again.

You're the highest rated DK on the best BG, so your opinion clearly has merit. How many rogue teams are you actually seeing though? There are like 2 rogues currently over 2200 in all of bg9.
Not even close to balanced. The classes that were Op at the start are still Op and classes like Ret and enhance have gotten even worse thanks to Blizzard nerfing hybrid heals ontop of nerfing healing in general.
12/19/2012 11:33 PMPosted by Nyc
Not even close to balanced. The classes that were Op at the start are still Op and classes like Ret and enhance have gotten even worse thanks to Blizzard nerfing hybrid heals ontop of nerfing healing in general.

Us WW monks are with you on that, before I could heal through a hunter pet while losing him, no go anymore.
The game requires more than "balance changes". It requires a metagame overhaul. Too many junk CCs being thrown out.
12/19/2012 07:04 AMPosted by Sigmar
Gearing alts is impossible, though.

As long as this statement remains true, there is a problem that needs to be fixed.
The bloated amount of CC from all classes that you can get hit with and not be able to do a single thing the entire time is becoming pretty ridiculous. One thing to use CC strategically to pressure your opponents, another thing to chain CC them until they die.

If Blizzard dropped this diminishing returns concept (which was good back in BC when there wasn't such a huge amount of CC going around), and try a "Resolve" type system (Think SW:ToR, one thing that game got right), now that would be so much better. I could maybe get a heal off before I die and gain control of my character again, assuming I don't get blanket silenced or interrupted.
This season is one of the worst ever, an in comes PVE gear to ruin it even more.
Honestly when there are specs that are as laughable as Disc, I have a hard time even logging in to do BGs.

I've given up on PvP until something is done to breathe like back into it.

Honestly when there are specs that are as laughable as the entire rogue class, I have a hard time even logging in to do BGs.

I've given up on PvP until something is done to breathe like back into it.

Fixed
12/19/2012 11:37 PMPosted by Palmegranate

Us WW monks are with you on that, before I could heal through a hunter pet while losing him, no go anymore.

It's not like either class is bad; Rogues have exceptional control and pretty substantial burst potential, Monks have pretty great mobility, a pretty respectable amount of control and good utility.

Being overshadowed by awesome classes with massive burst, in a game where massive burst seems to pretty much clinch it most the time, you're not going to be the most viable. In addition to that monks are a new class, they've been pretty well designed and need tweaking - both from those who play them and those who design them.

12/20/2012 12:27 AMPosted by Humerus
Gearing alts is impossible, though.

As long as this statement remains true, there is a problem that needs to be fixed.

Yeah nothing like hopping on an alt with no weapon and being unable to crack through the resilience, or coming up against full malevolent geared players with upgrades. My 326k HP Warrior has problems dealing with 400k HP players. It's only going to get worse.