Ummm. I left it at home.

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Was recounting this story (from way back) in another thread. We've all done it.

Brought a party through Zul'Farak for their carrots. Get all the way to Ghaz'ran. (Obviously before we had the argent tournament squire)
party member 1: So what happens now?
Me: Well, now we ring the gong with the mallot.
Party 1: Great! What mallot?
Me: Oh, I carry it all the time in my bag. (Except I had just cleaned it out a week ago because I needed the space and hadn't been back in ages).
Party 1: Who rings the gong?
Me: I do. With this mallot that I have here in my.... <Groan>
Party member 3: So... Who rings the gong?
Me: Look... We could build a large wooden badger...

So... what was your quest item / dungeon item that you left at home? Most of us who have been playing for years it's happened to a number of times (before we had all the mobile banking options we do now).
I left my UBRS key in my bank once...

The group (didn't have a lock) was not happy. This was before summoning stones.
Forgetting my blinding powder for CC :(
Seems like every time I dont bring the Halaa turn ins when Im in Nagrand, that's when Ally has Halaa.
It's only ever been "Damn, I forgot my tabard" or "Damn I forgot my DMF journal thingy".

Back in the day I always made sure to carry my Warlockian tools for mount questers, so they were never forgotten in the bank.
Who has the key for the BRD gates...

Alright guys let's pack it up then
"Damn, I forgot my pants."

Bow chika wow-wow.

... Also, I threw my carrot out long time ago. :(

I wish I hadn't. Imagine 2% increased mount speed NOW! 312% faster! See you in the dust, LOSERS!
"Damn, I forgot my pants."

Bow chika wow-wow.

Who wears pants in the first place?
When I would forget that I had run out of arcane powder for tables and runes for portals. Eventually, I got to the point where I carried a bag full of powder and runes because I would forget them. My SO would carry extra light feathers for me, though they would give them to me after I went splat due to not having my reagent.

I was also the designated person in raids to carry extra candles, ankhs and the stuff for paladins (the name escapes me) because half my raid had the same remembering problem as I did.
While making room in my bags at Thunder Bluff, I left the stack of Light Feathers at the bank.

Rather than wait for the elevator (Only non-Priests wait for elevators, bwhaha!) I jumped off the side for a stylish departure. Had a few seconds on the way down to reflect and think about where it went so very wrong with the "Missing reagent" message.

*SPLAT*
While making room in my bags at Thunder Bluff, I left the stack of Light Feathers at the bank.

Rather than wait for the elevator (Only non-Priests wait for elevators, bwhaha!) I jumped off the side for a stylish departure. Had a few seconds on the way down to reflect and think about where it went so very wrong with the "Missing reagent" message.

*SPLAT*

Poor Rygarius.

/hug
My first Trial of the Champion didn't go well. I wasn't really geared for it and everyone left.

I gear up a bit more and joined another group. I went to get the lance and it wouldn't let me take one. Someone says you must have a lance in your bags. I said no,then went oops,I put it in the bank. I didn't realize you could only have one. So I hearthed to Dalaran, got my lance
and grabbed a flight back,only to be kicked a minute later.

A lesson I learned well.

Edited...This was before lfd.
One of our tanks forgot their Onyxia cloak every single week in BWL.

*SPLAT*

Poor Rygarius.

/hug

/hug Rygarius. Wow, that had to have been enlightening.

Thoughts of that occurring was the cause for me to bury most of the important stuff on my Rogue in my bags so deep I'd never remove them.

*SPLAT*

But wait... You are a hippogrpyh...
Been helping a guildie get some transmog gear from ZA, and I keep forgetting to bring a Troll Tablet to unlock the pile of bones next to the entrance.. 16 times so far. it wouldn't really make a difference to our ability to clean the place out, but it's still annoying to see that blue question mark and realize I forgot the tablet AGAIN.

*SPLAT*

But wait... You are a hippogrpyh...

Hippogryphs didn't drop light feathers. Why do you think all the hippogryph mobs are always at ground level?

*SPLAT*

heh... That must have been amusing to anyone nearby.

I did the same thing once in AB on my mage. I was at the LM.
Team: INC BS!
Me: "OMW!" Mount up... Leap off.... Hit slowfall.
*missing reagent*
Me: "nvm. plummeted to my death, LOL. Outta feathers."