5.2 Elemental vs Enhancement (PvP)

Shaman
So what is everyone thinking is going to be the shining spec for pvp come 5.2?

Elemental for it's increased survivability?

Enhancement since it's decent right now and is only getting buffed?
elemental wont have enough survivability to fix the issues. enhancement will still have a huge survivability advantage with instant heals with 5 stacks of maelstrom. i like that they're trying to rectify the problem for elemental but it's just not going to be enough
Which will be better dps wise?
Even with elemental buff its still

Enhance > Elemental
And now with the massive nerf to lavaburst, don't come near ele with a 10 foot pole for pvp.

2.5x mulitplier being turned into a 1.5x multiplier... sad day indeed.

oh but don't worry, we will get our slow casting lightning bolt to do a bit more damage, it's all good.
And now with the massive nerf to lavaburst, don't come near ele with a 10 foot pole for pvp.

oh but don't worry, we will get our slow casting lightning bolt to do a bit more damage, it's all good.

Where did you read about it ? 2.5x multiplier is on elemental blast and 1.5x multiplier on lava burst was aways there. I see no nerf there

Where did you read about it ? 2.5x multiplier is on elemental blast and 1.5x multiplier on lava burst was aways there. I see no nerf there

Blue post:
<<We are changing the way Lava Burst interacts with Flame Shock. Currently, Flame Shock is required for Lava Burst to crit. This is cool rotationally but creates problems where Flame Shock dispels or swapping targets is a massive nerf to Elemental, dropping their 2.5 multiplier on Lava Burst to a 1.0. We are going to nerf Lava Burst damage, cause it to always crit (like Chaos Bolt), and then cause it to do say 50% more damage to targets afflicted by Flame Shock. The net result should be that LB + FS is still the best DPS, but failing to do so will be a 1.5 to 1.0 drop instead of a 2.5 to 1.0 drop.

Elemental's PvE damage will still be lower than we want after this change, but we want to bring up the damage of Lightning Bolt and other sources of damage together; we need to buff more than just Lava Burst to preserve the rotation... and avoid a lot of Lava Burst PvP videos.>>

Was a very recent blue post. Can find it easily on mmo-champion
Once i was in Arathi Basin guarding GM with another Ele shaman ( i was Ele aswell)

And then come this enemy Enhancement Shaman (he was alone)

He destroyed us both.

People say enhance isnt in shape(and it's true), that lets you see where elemental stands.

Blue post:
<<We are changing the way Lava Burst interacts with Flame Shock. Currently, Flame Shock is required for Lava Burst to crit. This is cool rotationally but creates problems where Flame Shock dispels or swapping targets is a massive nerf to Elemental, dropping their 2.5 multiplier on Lava Burst to a 1.0. We are going to nerf Lava Burst damage, cause it to always crit (like Chaos Bolt), and then cause it to do say 50% more damage to targets afflicted by Flame Shock. The net result should be that LB + FS is still the best DPS, but failing to do so will be a 1.5 to 1.0 drop instead of a 2.5 to 1.0 drop.

Elemental's PvE damage will still be lower than we want after this change, but we want to bring up the damage of Lightning Bolt and other sources of damage together; we need to buff more than just Lava Burst to preserve the rotation... and avoid a lot of Lava Burst PvP videos.>>

COpy and paste is nice, but would it kill people to actually link the original source? If it is so easy, why not?

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/252792-ptr-class-and-set-bonus-issues-part-ii/#post1335

Blue post:

Just doing some quick math, this seems like quite the damage drop. I mean I guess it's better for when flame shock is dispelled but it is only like a 4-5k damage buff without flame shock and yet it is like a 15k damage nerf with flame shock...
It's gonna be the exact same damage before and after 5.2

Say you do 100 non crit of a lava blast on live, that's a 250 crit.

On ptr it would be ~67 non crit, it will always crit now for 167.5 without flame shock applied and with flame shock (1.5x167.5) it will do ~250. Same damage, a slight buff for pvp now if flame shock get's dispelled.
02/12/2013 12:30 AMPosted by Cövet
And now with the massive nerf to lavaburst, don't come near ele with a 10 foot pole for pvp

No. This is wrong, and Cövet is confused. There are other reasons to be discouraged by elemental, but confusing what they are doing to lavaburst and misconstruing it as a spec-killing nerf is not one of them.

It's gonna be the exact same damage before and after 5.2... Same damage, a slight buff for pvp now if flame shock get's dispelled.

This right here.

It's a pvp buff, plain and simple. No reason to flip out, at all.
Yeah, Elemental Shamans i feel your pain. When it comes down to it, DPS shamans in pvp need help. Things die in ascension as enhance, but when it comes down to it, after ascension, i always feel worthless. You say enhance has survivability, but we don't, our heals just can't make up for our squishyness. The fact is, if elementals are complaining, and enhance is this squishy, i can only imagine how bad it is on your end. Blizzard needs to rethink our defenses, specially when they think warriors deserve a damage buff.
Once i was in Arathi Basin guarding GM with another Ele shaman ( i was Ele aswell)

And then come this enemy Enhancement Shaman (he was alone)

He destroyed us both.

People say enhance isnt in shape(and it's true), that lets you see where elemental stands.

How do 2 elementals loose to 1 enhance????? The one not getting focused should have blown his !@# up

In 5.2 from the notes i see now enhance>elemental. Ele would only out do enhance right now if it had a spamable cc like ploymorph otherwise the spec is flawed in pvp you have no way to get away from any melee thats got half a brain and most caster do more damage without actualy casting
For Ele, they should let us imbue our shield with rockbiter and give us some sort of reduction in dmg!!!!
Unless they give us a huge % of mitigation it wont matter. Shamans cant get away from damage that's what screws this class over 5% less damage means 1 white for a warrior or any other melee that's not gonna save you. Look at enhance you can still get killed through sham rage cause you cannot get away from the damage. We need control not dmg reduction