Needed RET Changes for 5.2

Paladin
I wish Inquisition was as simple as hitting a button every 30 seconds, but it is not. TV should refresh Inquisition.
I wish Inquisition was as simple as hitting a button every 30 seconds, but it is not. TV should refresh Inquisition.

wat?

wat?
Hand of purity will be a nice addition in 5.2 so minor buff.
Eternal flames HoT affect is 100% more healing.

Paladins did not need a buff in 5.2, and hammers does hit hard. 60-70k hammers with cds popped is not big enough for you? if we were running around hitting 100k with hammers we would be called OP. censure does fine enough damage to tick away at his hp before you burst him down. And fix our mastery? are you kidding thats constently my top damaging ability in lfr and heroics, mastry is fine.

Classes ranked above us in the tier list were nerfed and our now on par with us, classes were bad and got buffed now there on par with us. 5.2 will be a great patch! We will be able to take on any class and not feel at a disidvantage.

Blizzard fanboi makeing up lies and excuses to keep ret weak
01/03/2013 10:55 AMPosted by Vlada

wat?
These are changes I would give ret paladin's inorder to make them a more skillfull and well rounded support class.
Currently ret does not fit the description blizzard has for paladins at all.
For a New player this is how paladins are described. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/class/paladin
Currently paladins are so far from there role that the class has become more of a joke than anything.

When currently we are all about a 30 second burst window and after that the sustain damage is less than a warriors healing from second wind. With weak heals and a lack of abilitys to protect your team, the class needs evaluation to say the least.
Our Hand of Blank's are all dispellable and have not been given any evolution or complexity since they where made.

So these are the changes I propose

[Hand of Salvation] is not used at all outside of raiding, when you cast Hand of Salvation on the target they become uncritable. This would add more diversity to a paladins arsinal of ways to support his team in pvp.

[Hand of Freedom] Hand of freedom would reduce the duration of stun by 50%, if you cast it twice the stun is removed.
This would be a smart thing to do because it adds another aspect to freedom where the paladin has to think ok do I want to use freedom to get out of this slow or to reduce the incoming stun.

[Hand of Sacrifice] I have a few ideas for this spell but blizzard on 5.2 ptr made it dispell the affected target, however this is not as good as shadowpriest dispell's but it's nice to have 1/100th of my old dispell back...

[Crusader strike] currently this move hits for 8-11k nonecrit depending on the targets resilence and 20-25k crit while cds are up.
I would remove the cooldown from this ability or make it a 1s cd. I think having cs as that move you spam like sinsiter strike or mangle makes more sense than any in buffing there sustain because of the dead time in the rotation, you might have to reduce a % of wep dmg slightly if this is done.

[Holy avenger] I would make it a 30 second cooldown that Makes your next 2-3 holypower generating moves give you 3 holypower and also increase the holy dmg of your next tv by 45-65%. Instead of this being another long 2 min burst cd, I would turn it into more of a tigers fury rotational burst.

Ret all ready has a 5 minute cd pet and a 3 minute cooldown on wings it does not need a 3rd. All that does is design us around being a all out or nothing spec
which is wrong for the paladin role. For no reason should I out damage true Dps classes for 30 seconds then be out dpsed by a pet once my cooldowns they are gone.

[Long arm of the law] I would make it give you a speed increase if the target is more than 10 ft away and a 50% slow to the target if they are less than 10 feet away.

[Repentance] Repentance has always been a ret move and we never had to choose between it or a reliable stun. So I purpose it remain Ret only on a 30-40s cd.
Also Each holy power should also increase it's cast speed by 1/3, and 3/3 holypower is instant cast.

[Hammer of justice] If you dont spec into fist of justice then hammer of justice is only a 10 yrd, there use to be a glpyh for increased hoj range.
It should be atleast a 20 yrd range minium for ret having 10 yr range on hoj is unacceptable.

[Emancipate] this is more of a question in regardess to Emancipate. Why did you Change our self dispell from being a remove all impairing affects to removing one? This really hurts considering we are the only melee without a massive way out of CC, Berserker rage, Sham rage, tremer totem, lichbourne, icebound, Ams, or passively being immune to poly affects like feral.
The new emancipate is terrible it cost 1/6th of my entire mana pool and you almost always have to cast it multipule times to reach your desired affect.

[Divine Protection] Should be castable while stunned at the very least. We Lack any serious midigation considering 75% of the arena comps and all Rbg comps can remove my only large midigation in .5-1.5 seconds.

[Consecration] Let ret have this for pvp and make it a Descration slow with 30 second cd that last 10 seconds.

One thing that is important when balancing paladins is spreading out the buffs, you cant massivly buff Flash of light for example and than leave wog weak. You should Add A medium volume of increases to both no one wants to go back to a season where a Ret paladin can top someone off in one cast but instead a class that can heal someone up and protect them with a combination of spells. One last for note blizzard before you procced with fixing this class you should google the world balance.
01/03/2013 02:00 PMPosted by Covahredro
Well if Hammer of Wrath isn't and execute, than it would be nice to bring its Hp% requirement up to say 30%. Which would be fair as it doesn't hit like a real execute, so having it a little earlier wouldn't be too much.

Yeah, I want that too. 35% sounds reasonable, considering the "arming" time of the spell. The problem is: it does hit hard and it can raise our damage in PvE by far too much.

For me, just making it more instant (like Holy Prism) is fine. Maybe even a faster GCD..
Hammer of wrath is not a execute and it is a move that happens to have a requirement of having the target below 20% health to use.

... that's the very definition of an execute.

No because we can use it in conjunction with Avenging Wrath regardless of the HP of the enemy.

If it hit as hard as a true execute, being able to spam it via Sanctified wrath would be ridiculously overpowered. That's exactly what happened in the beta.

As long as Hammer of wrath is linked to Avenging Wrath in some way it can't hit as hard as a true execute.

wat?

I think he means 1 key would apply a 30 second inquisition off the holy power table
(would require no HolyPower to apply)

Kinda like the dk's OUTBREAK applies both diseases every 1 minute and PStrike 1 in the rotation in order to maintain the diseases 100% uptime
02/08/2013 04:17 PMPosted by Vindicare
As long as Hammer of wrath is linked to Avenging Wrath in some way it can't hit as hard as a true execute.

It can , it just has to be during an execute phase below a certian HP% threshold
Wrath can hit as hard as a really execute. Give it a multiplier like drain soul just not as strong. Since its one move and not 3, and has a 6 second cd, it would be nice if a 35% health it deals double damage, but does not deal extra damage if aw or ha is up.

It can , it just has to be during an execute phase below a certian HP% threshold

No it can't.

Because that means with Sanctified Wrath up during boss phases we'd be hitting for over 150k-200k guaranteed damage every other GCD. It'd be overpowered.

Hammer of wrath originally had a cooldown and a cast time associated with it to make it a powerful execute. Warriors can't simply spam execute the way we can spam hammer of wrath nor can anyone else with a more bursty execute.

If we want Hammer of wrath to have its real execute damage back then Sanctified Wrath needs to be adjusted.