Why Does Blizzard Have So Little Contact

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next
12/16/2012 06:48 AMPosted by Hudax
The more Blizzard uses sites that are not battle.net, the more people like me are left in the dark

I follow a few twitter feeds, as well as the occasional reddit, but I usually find everything I need on the forums, & WowInsider. Plus a few other sites from time to time. Twitter is humorous, & occasionally a few minutes ahead of breaking news, but not essential. Reddit is, well, just like the forums.
Battlenet itself is fine, the forums though are a lucky dip.

If that was true then you would totally come and hang out with us in game.

My identity in-game must remain as a secret to everyone. Or, the Gnomes-In-Black will be coming to take me away.

You mean Will Smurf and Tommy Wee Jones?

If that was true then you would totally come and hang out with us in game.

My identity in-game must remain as a secret to everyone. Or, the Gnomes-In-Black will be coming to take me away.

Your identity must remain a secret so that a ton of people wont server transfer to your server and start bugging your chat log as much as they do swifty's lol
The community is so toxic. Nearly everyday a new thread complaining about the following topics will be created:

1) Dailies
2) LFR loot system/coins
3) Chaos Bolt
4) Frost Bomb/Mages in general
5) CRZ/Ganking

*edit: removed gnomes for CRZ.
The community is so toxic. Nearly everyday a new thread complaining about the following topics will be created:

1) Dailies
2) LFR loot system/coins
3) Chaos Bolt
5) Gnomes

CRZ should be in the top 5. Your list is outdated.

1) Dailies
2) LFR loot system/coins
3) Chaos Bolt
5) Gnomes

CRZ should be in the top 5. Your list is outdated.

Completely forgot about that.
Hi.

I have been wondering this for quite a while, why does blizzard have so little contact with the community?

Do you have contempt for the community here, so you choose not to communicate as much as you have to? I noticed sometimes when you do choose to communicate, sometimes its through other outlets like twitter or reddit or elsewhere.

Another reason that comes to mind is, sometimes when i did see you talking here on the forums, some people twist their words. If it's a current hot button issue, if a blizz rep doesn't post exactly what people want to hear, they get even madder.

Have you compared Blizzard to other MMO companies? Seriously, have you? Blizzard has more communication, (and constructive communication at that), then any MMO company, and any gaming company for that matter.

The people at Blizzard deal with a lot of whining from the community - it comes with the territory of all online games - and they handle it very well. You really should go interact with another gaming company like Anet, Trion, Bioware/Mythic, ect to see how good you have it with Blizzard. And I know I sound like a Blizzard fanboy - but I have seen the service of other companies and I know how easy it is to just cut corners and ignore the vocal minority. Blizzard, they dive right in.

Additionally, twitter and reddit are utilized because they are some of the most widely used social network services in the world - and they are FREE!
????
Little contact???
pretty sure blizz is up there as one of the companies with more interaction with its users
Tell me, do you think valve, treyarch, infinity ward or any other big guns have this sort of forums with comunity managers and the sort???

Sure, there could be more, but would it be constructive? it's their game after all, and at some point they have to go and you know.... develop it
Seriously, if you were a dev at Blizzard would you want to expose yourself to this "community" of haters and anonymous monsters? Nuh uh. They know what kind of people play their game, and they have sense enough to stay far away from them.
The 'other' outlets as you call them such as but not limited to Twitter and Reddit are very much part of the community. This thread http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6933956493" class="bml-link-url2">Fansites & Other Resources - Updated Dec 5 </a>by Zarhym illuminates just how vast and far reaching this community gets. Best of all? You are already a part of it.

The forums are part of a much larger community. We reach out to the community as much as we can as time permits wherever they may be.

Recent examples:

5.1 and Beyond: Developer Q & As
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8091053/51_and_Beyond_Developer_Q__As-12_10_2012

World of Warcraft Customer Support Q&A
<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8134379/World_of_Warcraft_Customer_Support_QA-12_13_2012
I was hoping more for tea near the Pagoda. Then we could have quite a discussion.
12/15/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Breell
Do you have contempt for the community

That's where you got to first?

Must be a tough world you live in.

I'll bet that 1) your second point about being careful about what/when they post is probably close to the truth and 2) they see the same threads over and over and think that responding with the same thing over and over is not only tedious, but encourages rehashing.

Have you heard that PVP suffered in MoP? We should talk about it. I hope the blues weigh in.

Or, have you ever seen someone in a PuG roll need on an off-spec item? I wonder if that bothers anyone. Blues should get devs to do something about that, I'm sure.
Hi.

I have been wondering this for quite a while, why does blizzard have so little contact with the community?

Do you have contempt for the community here, so you choose not to communicate as much as you have to? I noticed sometimes when you do choose to communicate, sometimes its through other outlets like twitter or reddit or elsewhere.

Another reason that comes to mind is, sometimes when i did see you talking here on the forums, some people twist their words. If it's a current hot button issue, if a blizz rep doesn't post exactly what people want to hear, they get even madder.

Because most of the time they do they are met with contempt and hatred from the ones who clearly think their ideas are better than the ones working for Blizzard.

Blame the community.

Those of us who have been around have seen the changes over the years. We used to have a very open communication with the blues and devs. As the community has become more vindictive and hostile, the blues have had to become more "professional" in order to deal with the verbal abuse, accusations and really nasty behaviors that occur here.

It used to be a blast here with lots of fun and honest interactions, but it is simply no longer possible due to over sensitive flowers who are crushed at any hint of disagreement and who consider themselves "slapped in the face" over anything that they do not agree with and the overt hostility of some, who lack any obvious form of self control when something happens that they do not like.

Some of us remember the exit of a former blue who could no longer tolerate the degree of abuses that took place here on a regular basis. The bad attitudes make this a not so great job for those who sign up to communicate with us on these forums.

Really sad, but a reality of the verbal abuse that passes for discussions here these days.

Wait so who was the oversensitive flower in your story? It seemed like it was Tseric and the general forum fanboys but I couldn't tell where the story was going. Also, 'more "professional?"' LOL!

You can always tell the ones who still have some spark of respect by how they treat and communicate with others. We are regularly treated to the worst examples of verbal abuse by some posters who cannot communicate with blues without resorting to the lowest forms of accusations, name calling and disrespect.

I have grown so tired of the "slapped in the face" regurgatations of immature posters here, that I have stopped reading anything that starts on that premise, assuming that if this is their attitude, the rest of what they have to say will carry little to no value, or merit.

To denigrate Tseric's expressed issues with these forums, simply to give cover to those who have turned these forums into lists of gutter sniping threads, maybe says far more about your own lack of respect for the blues, who put up with enormous abuse on a daily basis, in order to be available to a generally unappreciative player base.
(Not everyone is a jerk, but we have enough to do real damage to relations with blues.)

We seem to think that the blues are here just to be the target of players need for instant gratification of their uncontrollable anger at whatever they do not like today. Tseric was a nice, fun guy who interacted with us until the decency scale tipped so far against blues/player interactions that it was disgusting even to many of us players. We "got" why he said what he said and why he left and realize that we lost more than just one blue that day.

If you do not "get" why this is an issue, and if you need to make a bad guy out of a victim of some of the scummier things that are aimed at the blues and devs here, then I can only feel sorry for you because you don't sound interested in being a part of the solution.
12/17/2012 08:16 AMPosted by Ibehiding
Because most of the time they do they are met with contempt and hatred from the ones who clearly think their ideas are better than the ones working for Blizzard.

Ohhh boo hoo, those poor poor developers and their 6 figure salaries that get to go to work everyday and design a video game but we should all have a pity party for them because they had to deal with a few trolls from time to time. My heart bleeds for them.
One thing i realize about CRZ when i finally hit those low level zones is that the community over exaggerates the issues.

Sure there was once the NPC did not show up due to phasing, but i just fly somewhere else and back and it popped up.

If it was truly game breaking, it would have been fixed already.