Lets suppose we had free speech

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
These forums are pretty laid back if you ask me. Alot of stuff bordering on a ban is let slide.
01/01/2013 02:26 PMPosted by Lîmhi
These forums are pretty laid back if you ask me. Alot of stuff bordering on a ban is let slide.

Especially at night or on holidays.
01/01/2013 02:26 PMPosted by Sworoth
Op these forums stopped being about the forum rules a long time ago. About a couple months back there was a discussion in the warrior forums, where they were forgetting some pvp history in wow. Specifically how blizzard chose arena over random bg players, and we got royally screwed in the beginning of wraith. Rated bgs are only an extension of that. Anyways I got insulted in some well extremely rude forms from sexual to other forms. I reported the posts. You know what the blue posters did? Not a dang thing. Funny thing I noticed the ones doing the insulting had a extremely high Item level. I watched for over a week to see if they would do something, they never did. The more I look at the forums, the more I notice people with the highest Item level getting away with murder, and everyone else well they are not even considered part of the picture. Maybe I just picked up a bad moderator that week I dont know, but the attitude SEEMS to carry.

You're still wrong. There's no conspiricy at play here. You're just mad.
01/01/2013 02:27 PMPosted by Karat
Especially at night or on holidays.

Or weekends.

Especially on weekends.

Albeit, incredibly bad stuff usually get's a deletion. Usually.
01/01/2013 02:28 PMPosted by Bolgar
You "parsed" the document with an inductive logic formula? Exactly "what" did this formula parse? Because what I am getting from that is that you looked for specific key terms and came to a conclusion based off of skewed data.

Yep folks get hired by the State Department to apply inductive logic to speeches and statements, it's a branch of logic that can be applied to language. It's amazing how many world leaders and politicians can say absolutely nothing in 2 hours of talking.

One of the simplest examples I can give is the double negative, as in 'no you cant go.' really means you can go because you negated the cant, as in math multiplying to negative numbers results in a positive integer.

You have no proof Blizzard does it. All I see right now is someone that feels entitled to break forum rules. Blizzard's rules are pretty much reasonable compered to other forums. You should be thankful.
It's amazing how many world leaders and politicians can say absolutely nothing in 2 hours of talking.

No, it's really not. They're politicians. Their entire career is built around their ability to spew nothingness convincingly until they feel like retiring.

Or weekends.

Especially on weekends.

Albeit, incredibly bad stuff usually get's a deletion. Usually.

Yep, weekends too.

Yep folks get hired by the State Department to apply inductive logic to speeches and statements, it's a branch of logic that can be applied to language. It's amazing how many world leaders and politicians can say absolutely nothing in 2 hours of talking.

It's also apparently not prone to following actual rules of grammar:

One of the simplest examples I can give is the double negative, as in 'no you cant go.' really means you can go because you negated the cant, as in math multiplying to negative numbers results in a positive integer.

Only if you don't use correct punctuation -- "No, you can't go," is not a double-negative, as the two negative statements are not part of the same clause in the sentence. The comma is there to denote this, and in this case, the additional clause is there to clarify the original statement.

You are free to post as you wish. I am advising that those posts remain civil without violating the Code of Conduct or Forum Guidelines (You failed at that actually for discussing forum moderation, but I'm giving it a pass.)

P.S. I'm not a moderator. It's one of the many tasks that I undertake.

Ry you cheeky Bstrd, i c wut u did thur
01/01/2013 02:32 PMPosted by Danvers
Only if you don't use correct punctuation -- "No, you can't go," is not a double-negative, as the two negative statements are not part of the same clause in the sentence. The comma is there to denote this, and in this case, the additional clause is there to clarify the original statement.

It's a holiday.

If people start teaching math or grammar I'm gonna get Rygarius over here.

Or Achmed. One or the other.
One of the simplest examples I can give is the double negative, as in 'no you cant go.' really means you can go because you negated the cant, as in math multiplying two negative numbers results in a positive integer.

This proves that you really are not even half as smart as you think you are.
01/01/2013 02:34 PMPosted by Crepe

What are you going to do? Yell HEEEERE BIRDIE BIRDIE BIRDIE! until he shows up?
01/01/2013 02:34 PMPosted by Crepe

It's a holiday.

Flying Azerothian animals can teach math?

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS
01/01/2013 02:34 PMPosted by Lucynda
One of the simplest examples I can give is the double negative, as in 'no you cant go.' really means you can go because you negated the cant, as in math multiplying two negative numbers results in a positive integer.

This proves that you really are not even half as smart as you think you are.

Yeah I was thinking 'we're not going nowhere' would of been a better example

You.

Corner.

Sit.
It's a holiday.

Hey, I was an English major. It's all that was good for >.<
You.

Corner.

Sit.

Are you upset that she knows your secret tricks?

01/01/2013 02:37 PMPosted by Danvers
Hey, I was an English major.

I'm sorry.
01/01/2013 02:37 PMPosted by Crepe

You.

Corner.

Sit.

I doubt that's going to be very effective.
Why is this turning into a thing?