What is the ETA for Stormwind and Orgrimmar?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6
01/03/2013 11:15 PMPosted by Rosenivy
And I don't see what this has to do with me. If, by "quit taking yourself so seriously," you mean "quit taking Blizzard community managers' contact with players so seriously," I'm sorry. I can't do that. I believe that they should do their job, which does not include mocking players asking serious questions about game development.

No fun allowed. Nope. Can't be human. No soul. No by all means continue to see players bash your product for luls. Oh no you can't do anything about it. Yes. Hate your job.

See how it works if they do that?

But if that one player didn't post a link to the dev or CM or whoever he was who actually answered the question, most players would think Bashiok was being serious. Yes he was joking but I don't think he had any intention of eventually giving the honest answer. I mean you can joke when you're giving an answer but if you're telling a 180 and passing it off as a legit answer well that's just messing with people who truly want to know. So you're both kind of wrong, yes you need to give the right answer, but you can also have fun with it, but it's not okay to joke and lie and not plan on letting out the truth. Thank you.
With the majority of stone and lumber being sent to the various war fronts for construction and repairs, there's essentially nothing left for the craftsmen to work with. In fact, the laborers seen toiling over the constructions are not actually doing anything. We've told them they can go home, or volunteer for Pandaria duty, but every day they climb up those ladders, and every day slowly hammer at boards and walls to no effect. They take their lunches in solitude, sometimes taking a break to stare at the sun, and at the end of their shift they climb down and go home.

They've repeated this every day for over two years. We're quite worried about them. Top men are currently investigating the possibility of providing them with twigs and small rocks with the belief that some progress may snap them out of it.

Bashiok changed his picture OMG !!!!
They've repeated this every day for over two years. We're quite worried about them. Top men are currently investigating the possibility of providing them with twigs and small rocks with the belief that some progress may snap them out of it.

What if you had an event like with AQ? The Alliance on a server work together to supply stuff for SW, and Horde for Org.
The crew working on Stormwind is the same one that worked on the Westfall Inn.
Why did you change your avatar, Bashiok?
01/05/2013 10:34 AMPosted by Madia

That's what his avatar looked like before he made it into the Diablo-themed one.
01/05/2013 10:38 AMPosted by Lorinall

That's what his avatar looked like before he made it into the Diablo-themed one.
Really? I remember someone having the Felwood tree avatar before. I guess the dancing imp avatar developed a corn.
With the majority of stone and lumber being sent to the various war fronts for construction and repairs, there's essentially nothing left for the craftsmen to work with. In fact, the laborers seen toiling over the constructions are not actually doing anything. We've told them they can go home, or volunteer for Pandaria duty, but every day they climb up those ladders, and every day slowly hammer at boards and walls to no effect. They take their lunches in solitude, sometimes taking a break to stare at the sun, and at the end of their shift they climb down and go home.

Has anyone pointed out the abundance of trees about 60 yards away in Elwynn Forest?

You know, that's why it's called a forest. It has trees.

As opposed to the land outside Orgrimmar, which has no trees and is called a desert.

Damn, those humans are stupid.
It'll be done in 2 weeks. That's what the chief foreman said 2.5 years ago anyway.
01/03/2013 04:26 PMPosted by Bashiok
With the majority of stone and lumber being sent to the various war fronts for construction and repairs, there's essentially nothing left for the craftsmen to work with.

What are you talking about? Last time I checked here was an entire forest right outside the gates of stormwind. On top of that you have a spooky forest just across the river, then an entire Jungle of wood to the south of that. How can you not have wood? You need stone? Get your mages to go to the beech get a bunch of sand and compress it into sand stone or limestone or even granite. Boom you have stone and wood, what else do you need?
01/05/2013 11:13 AMPosted by Draug
What are you talking about? Last time I checked here was an entire forest right outside the gates of stormwind. On top of that you have a spooky forest just across the river, then an entire Jungle of wood to the south of that. How can you not have wood? You need stone? Get your mages to go to the beech get a bunch of sand and compress it into sand stone or limestone or even granite. Boom you have stone and wood, what else do you need?

Silence! You must not use logic!
"Bashiok bash!"

Aaah...kidding. Well, we could take the trees away from the tree-huggers, couldn't we? :P *Points at Ashenvale, then Bashiok, then at Duskwood, then at Bashiok...*

Has anyone pointed out the abundance of trees about 60 yards away in Elwynn Forest?

You know, that's why it's called a forest. It has trees.

As opposed to the land outside Orgrimmar, which has no trees and is called a desert.

Damn, those humans are stupid.

It has nothing to do with that. Unfortunately, the people over in D.E.H.T.A. from Northrend have thrown up various roadblocks to cutting down the trees in Elwynn forest.

Members of the alliance construction crew attempted to get a logging permit to cut down the trees for Stormwind. However, D.E.H.T.A. filed suit with the rare Scarlet Judge in Western Plaguelands because a number of spotted owls call the trees home. Due to his long respawn times, he took a very long time to get ahold of.

He then forced King Varian Wrynn and D.E.H.T.A. to manditory arbitration. Unfortunately, the King chose Hemet Nesingwary to represent the alliance's interest in the animal population of Elwynn forest. Being a typical dwarf he showed up a little bit drunk and the discussion became rather heated. After a fight broke out, the Judge then decided that animals should decide the fate of other animals.

The Oracles and the Frenzyheart Tribe were then told to discuss it and propose a solution when they came to an agreement. We're still waiting....
Spotted owls, ya say?

Are they good eating?

I might have to dust off my guns and do some bird shot ... er ... bird watching.
01/03/2013 04:26 PMPosted by Bashiok
With the majority of stone and lumber being sent to the various war fronts for construction and repairs, there's essentially nothing left for the craftsmen to work with.

Just wanted to add that a lack of lumber is a pretty terrible reason for construction in Stormwind to stop.

http://classic.battle.net/war3/nightelf/units/wisp.shtml
01/03/2013 04:28 PMPosted by Rosenivy
Bashiok......you look different.....somehow

he looks like an evil tree in Dare i say runescape lol
Long story short, Blizz is far too busy adding more daily quests, scenarios, and raids to even remember what Stormwind and Orgrimmar should look like. Rightly so, I think. Fixing stuff like that is thankless work, I hardly even see the wrecked parts of SW these days.

Even if they did get around to fixing it, I would wager that many of us would either not notice or not care. If you guys do get around to... somehow... fixing the park in SW, I'd be a little curious about what you'd make it into. We never went to the park unless we were druids anyway, and the lack of the need to train every 2 levels removes the purpose of going there.

Stick a third auction house and bank over there, or something. There are, what?, like 5 auction houses in Org? Sounds like a good plan to me, stick an ah, a bank, an inn, and a shortcut to the harbor over there, yeah!
I went to the park for RP on my alliance chars.. the empty bar was there.
01/05/2013 11:13 AMPosted by Draug

I hear mages refuse to be slaves after the water and food incident, back in vanilla and TBC. With the wood... *puts rp cap on* the equipment used to haul the wood for processing are gone to the war front. *cap off*

Also, new PTR build has a surprise for me and everyone else wondering the same question about the cities. XD

\o/!!!!