Fun With Ai-Li's Skymirror

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next
12/21/2012 05:02 PMPosted by Rygarius
Anyone else feeling like this thread is a trap so that Rhaygarius can compile a list of all the transformations/forms that need to be nerfed to not work with the mirror?

Short answer to that theory, no.

*Unwraps the tinfoil hat so mind-control rays from the Sha of Happiness can enter your Gnomish skull* {◕ ◡ ◕}

So when we see the 5.2 patch notes that say this "fun" item has had it's mechanic effectively neutered, can we reference your official statement here?

Oh, silly me. They wouldn't put that in the patch notes. It would be a stealth nerf.
As much as I love these uses for the mirror, I would seriously appreciate one of these things being usable by Feral or Guardian Druids.

You can't blame me for being suspicious given how often "fun" things get nerfed after their effects become common knowledge (see also: Potion of Illusion).
Go to Goldshire. Copy your friends Sandstone Drake. Hop on it while transformed. Have your friend fly upside down. Watch as the noobs stare in awe at the upside down double-decker flying drake. Win.
Anyone else feeling like this thread is a trap so that Rhaygarius can compile a list of all the transformations/forms that need to be nerfed to not work with the mirror?

*Unwraps the tinfoil hat so mind-control rays from the Sha of Happiness can enter your Gnomish skull* {◕ ◡ ◕}

In other words it is one of the other blues who is compiling the list while you participate in the conversation? A little misdirection effort?
Panda cub from meng meng.

Living seed to copy random herbs
It takes careful timing, but using it on someone with Ominous Cackle on the Sha of Fear fight can turn you into one of those creepy Sha monsters.
If you use Ai-Li's Skymirror on a Shadow Priest you'll copy their transparency/ghostly form without the glow effects.

Anyone else got great ideas on fun with this nifty item?

It's a bit elaborated, but if someone in your party has the Dancing Flame Brazier from Midsummer, he can /dance it, and you can copy him / her to get a flaming draenei's appearance, then if he has a mirror himself, he / she can copy you! :D
12/21/2012 05:24 PMPosted by Morrie

Please let us Druids use it while Shapeshifted. :(
This.
druid with glyph of stag, makes it so you can still player stag stack instead of the new item

anyone with a 2 man shapeshift mount (vial/nightwing), mount as a mount
Our monk healer uses her mirror on someone with the Sandstone Drake before each raid. Casting animations on the drake are kind of awesome.
12/22/2012 03:07 PMPosted by Ðemolition
Living seed to copy random herbs

Brilliant!
I've managed to trick both of my guild's tanks. Both in the same area too the trash before spirit kings.

It is so easy to do as well they're both bears and the trash before spirit kings where the two there is like two beast things can't remember the name that do that huge frontal thing. Well first time I used it and ran over to where one of the tanks was he was like NONONO I said I'd take this one quickly get the other! and other tank was like I already have it Jesus! Then they were like oh it's the priest.

Second time I did it exact same place again except this time it was my shadowy apparitions that took the form of the bear and was going towards the trash other tank couldn't figure out what was going on lmao.
You know what, that's odd. I was wondering how so many people seem to turn into me all the sudden.......

Seriously guys, stop turning into me. It's getting confusing.
I've got one:

Have an herbalist use Lifegiving Seed, and then use the Skymirror on them. You'll change into the same kind of herb, but you'll still be able to move and use your abilities.

This, but make sure they turn into earthroot first for greatest comical effect! Was an interesting bladelord fight when half the raid were herbs running around(though it does skew and mess with the dbm callouts and marks oddly, just a warning)
By far my favorite, Fandral's Flamescythe copy.
Raid of 25 fire kitties tearing it up :p.

Also, watching a warrior on the opposing team in a twin peaks (prior to the tfb nerfs) using this and having a holy paly and resto druid heal bot his rampaging antics, mind you, i was on the recieving end, not fun, but watching him was quite enjoyable.
Best use: Use a Potion of Illusion to copy something stupidly ridiculous (since the Potion works on NPCs) and then use the Mirror on yourself to keep the Illusion past the duration of Potion of Illusion.

Works for Rogues (Glyph of Disguise then Mirror) and Mages (Glyph of Illusion then Mirror) too.

Example: Throw a Turnip punching bag, then Illusion it, then Mirror yourself.
12/21/2012 03:35 PMPosted by Yinian
Now, some people like to say Land Sharks are what's in. And those people would be right. But since finding a Land Shark is like finding Sasquatch, we're going to go with the next best thing: LAND MANATEE. Find a Druid, have them go Manatee Form, and then let loose with your trusty Ai-LI's Skymirror and show the world the glory that is the LAND MANATEE! Or the LAND ORCA if that Druid is glyphed that way and you have a thing for Orcas. AI-LI'S SKYMIRROR!

LOL If only they did look like a manatee; <3 manatees. Potato sack with a face is more like it. Great post btw :D.