Want a Blue response, post a silly thread?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
01/02/2013 12:29 AMPosted by Genada
Right Rosenivy because you have never made a spelling mistake...ever....it's hard to take a person that would try to ignore a person based on that serious but by all means keep up with the being a spelling !@#$.

One or two mistakes seems normal. Your post above me was a bit ridiculous.
Rygarius I have a few questions for you.

1. Are you aware that both the phone and in game support staff direct people to these forums to ask questions when they do not have answers?

2. Are you aware that your a repsentive of Blizzard, so therefore when you donn't take the time to respond to serious threads and topics but do for the none serious ones, it appears both do not have concern for the cares of the community and for serious feedback.

3. What is it you view your job as being? There seems a very wide gap between what you think and much of the community thinks.

The simple fact that your customer support team will advise people to take issues to these forums and to provide feedback lead to the anger over what the community managers choose to post about. When told to do so by company reprensenstives you would hope your concerns would be taken serious on these forums. Sadly they do not appear to be since the community mangers do not take the time to respond to those threads and instead choose to respond to the silly ones.

Either you need to take your job serious or the support staff needs to quit sending people to these forums for help when they cann't provide it.

1. Yes.

2. Feedback is read, but may not receive a reply for a number of reasons. Repeatedly posting "We read the thread but have nothing to contribute at this time." would not be helpful and not what you're looking for. All posts reporting changes or fixes needs to be checked and verified; that takes time.

3. If you can still find it, there was a job posting for Community Representative that would describe the general expectations and duties that the position entails. Regarding the second part, the community is welcome to submit feedback on the community team's performance anytime at wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com.
01/02/2013 12:35 AMPosted by Rygarius
2. Feedback is read, but may not receive a reply for a number of reasons. Repeatedly posting "We read the thread but have nothing to contribute at this time." would not be helpful and not what you're looking for. All posts reporting changes or fixes needs to be checked and verified; that takes time.

While directly posting in a thread saying "Rygarius was here" may not be beneficial, I could see some merit in adding a field that gets checked if you or your cohorts have looked at the thread. While there's always going to be posters with persecution complexes, something along those line may help assuage the concerns about whether or not you guys are actually conscious of what's going down on the forums.

I'd like to believe that you guys are being 100% honest when you say you read everything, the length of time some threads survive makes me suspicious. You may not be intentionally lying when you say that, but there is a disconnect somewhere. Sometimes the only possible reasons I can see for posts/thread surviving is that either there aren't eyes on as often as you like to say, or not all of those eyes are too concerned about what they see. I obviously can't speak for anyone else, but I'd be surprised if I'm the only one who sees some of those threads and wonders if the reason it hasn't been deleted is because whoever is on forum duty doesn't care or if there simply isn't anyone there to see it. The "Blizz sees you" icon wouldn't help with the caring part, but it could eliminate questions about if big brother is actually watching.
While directly posting in a thread saying "Rygarius was here" may not be beneficial, I could see some merit in adding a field that gets checked if you or your cohorts have looked at the thread.

While there's always going to be posters with persecution complexes, something along those line may help assuage the concerns about whether or not you guys are actually conscious of what's going down on the forums. I'd like to believe that you guys are being 100% honest when you say you read everything, the length of time some thread survive makes me suspicious. I obviously can't speak for anyone else, but I'd be surprised if I'm the only one who sees some of those threads and wonders if the reason it hasn't been deleted is because whoever is on forum duty doesn't care, or if there simply isn't anyone there to see it.

A 'this has been read by a blue' tag may not be as useful or have as much of an impact as you'd think. Reading a large number of threads about class balance doesn't directly imply that a post about that topic was imminent. Criticism would turn to our reading habits; the threads we've been reading or not reading.
I believe I read a blue poster respond to this exact question before:

In most cases, the forum posts you are referring to that have "Substance" and "Meaningful Insight" are duplicate threads built on a discussion from a previous post. In most cases, players will refer the original poster to the original thread.

It comes down to a blue poster posting the exact same information in 10+ threads on the same topic.

Silly threads can be original and are rarely duplicated.

If the blues have already responded to the topic in a previous thread, chances are, they will not contribute further to a new thread on an old topic.

'tis what i was going to say

what you may see as an informative and deep discussion thread is likely an old topic and just isn't worth the time because its been discussed to death already

and otherwise if it is something worth looking into or getting involved in, they will either add something to it, or take note of it and send it out accordingly.

just because you don't see things happening, doesn't mean they aren't
01/02/2013 12:54 AMPosted by Rygarius
A 'this has been read by a blue' tag may not be as useful or have as much of an impact as you'd think. Reading a large number of threads about class balance doesn't directly imply that a post about that topic was imminent. Criticism would turn to our reading habits; the threads we've been reading or not reading.

I'm not saying you should change your posting habits at all, but one of the chronic concerns on the forums is "Is big brother really watching?". The tag I'm talking about is only intended to answer that. There's already criticism about your reading habits. The only thing this would change is it would give people evidence to back up their statements (or help defeat them, depending on what the statement is).
Why do the customer support staff both in game and on the phone then advise people to take issues to these forums if there is going to be no help provided?

It would seem to me if a person cann't expect help here either, then it would be better to be honest and truthful and tell them so. It just makes a customer more angry to try to get help with something on these forums and be ignored then to just say, sorry we have no information and can not help you at this time.

Just saying the community managers as reps for Blizzard are the ones I feel least postive about becuase you seem to be the most unhelpful and unresponsive to people. I do understand that you have a great many people to speak with and deal with but when you seem to go out of your way to ignore certain topics while jumping in the funny ones, it leaves people to believe you just donn't see the problem or care about it.
01/02/2013 12:59 AMPosted by Karat

I'm not saying you should change your posting habits at all, but one of the chronic concerns on the forums is "Is big brother really watching?". The tag I'm talking about is only intended to answer that. There's already criticism about your reading habits. The only thing this would change is it would give people evidence to back up their statements (or help defeat them, depending on what the statement is).

That's definitely a "we would love to get this done eventually" type project. Which is understandable, as people will always find something to complain about when it comes to feedback and how it is processed.

Also there are some who would claim that those tags were faked too, to make it seem like Blizzard read things when they REALLY DID NOT... DUN DUN DUN!

I SAID DUN DUN DUN!
01/02/2013 01:33 AMPosted by Snowfox
Also there are some who would claim that those tags were faked too, to make it seem like Blizzard read things when they REALLY DID NOT... DUN DUN DUN!

That what I meant about the "persecution complex" bit. Some people are never going to be happy. GC could call them personally about their post and they'd still claim Blizz was trying to ignore/suppress them and their revolutionary idiocy. My idea is only aimed at assuaging the concerns of the reasonably suspicious.

01/02/2013 01:33 AMPosted by Snowfox
I SAID DUN DUN DUN!

Oh.. uh...

GASP!
Rygarius I have a few questions for you.

1. Are you aware that both the phone and in game support staff direct people to these forums to ask questions when they do not have answers?

2. Are you aware that your a repsentive of Blizzard, so therefore when you donn't take the time to respond to serious threads and topics but do for the none serious ones, it appears both do not have concern for the cares of the community and for serious feedback.

3. What is it you view your job as being? There seems a very wide gap between what you think and much of the community thinks.

The simple fact that your customer support team will advise people to take issues to these forums and to provide feedback lead to the anger over what the community managers choose to post about. When told to do so by company reprensenstives you would hope your concerns would be taken serious on these forums. Sadly they do not appear to be since the community mangers do not take the time to respond to those threads and instead choose to respond to the silly ones.

Either you need to take your job serious or the support staff needs to quit sending people to these forums for help when they cann't provide it.

1. Yes.

3. If you can still find it, there was a job posting for Community Representative that would describe the general expectations and duties that the position entails. Regarding the second part, the community is welcome to submit feedback on the community team's performance anytime at wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com.

First allow me to say thank you for answering my questions. Now I would like to take a moment to respond point by point and add a few things.

1. If it is understood then why is it at the time the customer is directed to the forums, they are not told they may not get the help one would expect?

2. As a matter of fact I disagree strongly with you on this. It's very important to both acknowledge the concern and provide any information you can on the subject matter. Even if it's a simple we are aware of the issue and looking into it, it's better then nothing. This goes back to the main point of the thread about your lack of response in certain threads and not others. What you post in shows the priority of both yourself and Blizzard.

3. Thank you for the email adress and I will take the time to send a email later.

Just like to add that each side of the customer support staff needs to get on the same page. The in game support staff are helpful and do thier best to help, as well as the phone support. They of course cann't answer or help with all problems and that's understood and to be expected. It's just as of right now it's pointless to direct people to these forums were they will not even get a ackowledgement that their post has been read.
01/02/2013 02:25 AMPosted by Genada
3. Thank you for the email adress and I will take the time to send a email later.

If you ever lose that address, just look in the Welcome: Please Read stick at the top of General. That's in there, along with just about anything else you might need to know about the forums.
I've seen Blizzard CMs post in some "serious" threads in the past.

It rarely improves the thread.

Some people don't like the comment, and complain to/flame the CM.

Some people don't like that the CM replied to that particular thread instead of another particular thread, and complain that the CM is commenting on the wrong stuff.

Some people see it as an open conduit to Blizzard developers, and start to complain about their personal grievances with WoW and/or Blizzard, and demand that the CM bring their issues to the game devs immediately.

And that covers the vast majority of all future responses to a "serious" thread after any blue text enters it.

There's just so little good that comes of it.

I like to picture a rampaging mob that finds a scapegoat and swarms them, ripping clothing, shoving them from person to person, and crowding around real close to try to get in a few shoves or punches.
01/02/2013 12:10 AMPosted by Genada
Are you aware that your a representative of Blizzard

No, I bet he completely forgot and thinks he is checking his email from his home computer in his underwear...much to the chagrin of his coworkers.

This really depends on the particular forum being read. For instance, this would probably not work on the general forums however the bug report forums should be done this way. Take for example bugs relating to Blade lord that are particularly destructive in heroic mode that I first reported in October. There has been no mention publicly or a fix so from my point of view I can only assume that people have not seen the thread or the information has not been passed along to the devs.

This is not such a big thing with feedback, but I am not talking about feedback I am talking about something in game not working as intended and something that still persists to this day which means no fixes for several months on a PvE end game boss which seems a little stupid.

In the end I gave up on the forums and reported it in game instead and got to spead to someone who confirmed there are some known issues with these mechanics and they are "looking into it" yet from my perspective on the bug report forums no one gave a !@#$. This is the kind of non response that then breeds the animosity to the general chit chat posts from you guys.

There are forums that should not receive blue notifications for everything, or need a notification about everything, but the bug report forum should be working more similarly to the tech support forum and there should be active presence on that forum. In addition, when things are reported and confirmed that it is an issue, there should be a "Read me first" with all the current issues - and do not point me to the current one because it is not updated properly.

The point is, communication requirements do vary from place to place and I am not going to have a go at you for posting chit chat posts in general about things not important but do not expect everyone to be happy when posts that should be getting responses by default are not being done properly.
01/02/2013 12:10 AMPosted by Genada

get off your high horse, lady.

if you have a complaint with any employee, speak to their supervisor, but don't go around telling people how to do their jobs.
Probably because when a Blue posts in a serious discussion thread, after their post it becomes "OMG Blue I have this question/complaint/whine!" and it slightly derails the initial conversation of the thread.

What the Blues probably look at in these threads is the content of the discussions. The Points and Counterpoints made by the people that play the game. And rather than interfere with the conversation by popping in and saying "Hay look at my blue text and animated avatar!", they sit back, possibly take notes, and possibly send the more rational and well thought out ideas/complaints on to the dev team.

If it's a silly thread, a Blue popping in and having some fun doesn't really derail the thread, except when people pull out their soapboxes and get all huffy saying stuff like "OMG You post in silly threads but not serious ones! Blizzard doesnt care!".

Anyways, that's how I see it.
Criticism would turn to our reading habits; the threads we've been reading or not reading.

As well it should.

Customer support representatives are here to assist customers and should be held accountable to the customers for doing so.
01/02/2013 06:45 AMPosted by Hork
Customer support representatives are here to assist customers and should be held accountable to the customers for doing so.

Be careful not to confuse Community Managers with Customer Support, they are as different as devs are to cm's.
01/02/2013 06:47 AMPosted by Snowfox

Be careful not to confuse Community Managers with Customer Support, they are as different as devs are to cm's.

If customers are directed here by in game support, then I would hope there are customer support representatives reading these topics.

Are they not blues?