brawlers guild dark summoner help?

Shaman
So I seem to have brick walled against the dark summoner in the brawlers guild. I have two main problems, the first is that his damage is a tad high to self heal through (spending too much time healing as opposed to dps'ing) the second is that there are way too many ghosts. By the time I've got the first ghost dead he's summoning a third one. Have any shamans (particularly elemental) been able to down this guy? I've tried both kiting him around and standing in a corner but in both cases the ghosts just pile up too fast. Any ideas?
12/17/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Jelumaantu
Have any shamans (particularly elemental) been able to down this guy?

1-shot. Killed the first ghost almost immediately after summons, popped all CDs, and got him to ~30% when he summoned a second ghost and killed that one immediately. Killed him as a 3rd ghost was summoned.

Didn't really have any difficulty with him at all >.>
He seems to be summoning a second ghost about 5 seconds after a first one...was the summoning frequency increased or were you actually killing them that fast?
12/17/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Jelumaantu
He seems to be summoning a second ghost about 5 seconds after a first one...was the summoning frequency increased or were you actually killing them that fast?

I didn't see a second ghost summon till Ascendance was around 10 seconds gone. Maybe it's because I was interrupting his bolts while he was vulnerable though. Didn't get enough experience on him to know for sure. Maneuvered myself so that I could finish Ascendance up while the ghost was lit by the light (man that thing's buggy >.>) and swapped to/killed the 2nd ghost after Ascendance droppped so that I got a 2nd Vulnerability phase debuff as the first debuff ended.

I finished the Dark summoner fight before heroism ended. I can't imagine that the summoning frequency was increased. That fight is hard enough on melee as it is (sans people like Purge killing him in a single vulnerability phase -.-) and I can't imagine them making it harder on them by doing that to them.

I'd suggest AG & PE for Brawler's Guild. PE is more damage (and much better burst) than EB for the time you have in there, and AG is a free health bar.
This fight is the biggest joke in the world. nuff said.
12/21/2012 03:38 AMPosted by Réléntléss
This fight is the biggest joke in the world. nuff said.

If you're not gonna help, then don't comment. No one likes to hear a warrior bragging that it was the easiest fight. If it was so easy, please post something helpful next time.
Try not to summon your ele until the first ghost is stunned or it could get one shot.

Use ancestral guidance to heal when you get low, it's passive healing while up as long as you're dpsing.

I stunned and killed the first ghost then dpsed the boss with fire ele, ascendance, stormlash, hero, and potion and just made sure the next one got stunned, then killed it while the third was coming out and killed the boss while keeping the third ghost stunned.

With all CDs popped you should be able to do that too.
Also focus the boss and wind shear him when you can, you'll mitigate a few casts that way